Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even poor Brave John "Brave" Kennedy, The Brave, V. C., the Bravest Man in Sport can't escape the impotent rage

Screenshot-20210503-103438-com-brave-browser-edit-1825320700901685.jpg

If The KerryFail Lunatic Asylum was hilarious when they were beating nobodies - you can only imagine it now!

My favourite is following the threads where players like Duffy go from heroes to zeros - Fantastic, magical Irish, Celtic supporting new signing who'll hammer the Rangers...

... to get that fkn cart horse out of our team!!!!

Thoroughly recommended entertainment during lockdowns- or just weekends for Comedy Gold!!!

They keep giving themselves away with comments like this. Why do they care about Sevco? Their ancient rivals Rangers are already dead right? Why aren’t they delighted that this new rival they don’t hate with a passion are here to fill that void of competition they’ve been crying about since 2012?

We all know why. It’s still Rangers and always was.

Italiabhoy
26 min. ago#209
After a few hours, my thoughts, for what they're worth.

* The game was a carbon copy of many this season. We started well, but as soon as we are attacked, you can see the confidence drain from the players. Teams really do not need to work hard to score against us, whereas we seem to need 10 chances to convert one. Goals 2, 3, and 4 were laughable in how we defended them, almost like Sunday league stuff. This speaks to mentality as much as to talent.

* Having said that, pathetic though we were, the ref effectively decided it. Never in my life have I seen a player sent off for his first 2 fouls in a game. Never. Walsh saw an opportunity to put down a marker: he showed he can be trusted by the Brotherhood to ref more of these games. Welcome to the Lodge.

* Kennedy: for much of this season he has stood by Lennon's side, looking uninterested and bored. He had a unique opportunity with these games to show he is a pogressive, promising coach. The pressure was off and he could have promoted youth, experimented with better formations, brought some organisation to the defence.. instead, he plays Brown and we look, if anything, even worse than under Lennon. Kennedy should be nowhere near the club moving forward. If he is it will confirm the "jobs for the boys" culture - which has done so much damge - still exists.

* The rebuild is truly monstrous, and whilst you can usually rely on a decent manager to get a tune out of a couple of underperforming players (as MON, BR, and Deila did), our new manager is going to need to rebuild from scratch. We could be looking at 10-15 players leaving and at least that, if not more, coming in. The logistics and economics of this are daunting, and I really do question whether next season is already pretty much a write-off. Certainly, it is difficult to see us cobbling together a team to qualify for the CL, even EL may be beyond us.

* Which emphasises the nature of the rebuild: every aspect of the sporting side of the business needs to be reconstructed. Our scouting, recruitment, coaching, fitness/science and analytics, are all clearly not fit for purpose. We also need to understand why this is the case, as well as what specifically went wrong this season because this has been no ordinary slump. Dom McKay needs to clear out all the toxic elements of the old regime and make sure they have no input into any aspect of Celtic FC in the future. We also need a voluable Statement soon that this process is underway, because fans will simply not renew in the current circumstances.

* Finally, it is quite poignant to see United fans protesting tonight. Usually, I cannot stand them, but their protest emphasises the powerlessness fans feel when clubs are run by aloof, faceless billionaires. More power to them, I say.

* Finally, finally, the one redeeming feature of this terrible seaosn is that we will soon be in the stadium again, and Celtic FC will be whole again’

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

The delusion in the rest of his points is also incredible.
I've seen players sent off for their first foul. I've even seen players sent off before touching the ball.

our small keeper made a routine save :D

flatbackground

Club Captain

7:58 AM - Today#267

Tale of 2 McGregors, the flying sunbed saves Elyonoussi’s screamer
Unpopular opinion: That save from McGregor looks good because he's had to give the the acrobatics because he's small.

But it's a shot from 28 yards right in the middle of the goal. There's no way a keeper at that level should be getting beat by that and it should really be a pretty routine save.

They keep giving themselves away with comments like this. Why do they care about Sevco? Their ancient rivals Rangers are already dead right? Why aren’t they delighted that this new rival they don’t hate with a passion are here to fill that void of competition they’ve been crying about since 2012?

We all know why. It’s still Rangers and always was.
Thanks, I think that this is a brilliant summary which I'll be using for some upcoming pub discussions (once we get indoors) B-D

the hurt is splendid, this demented one is special:

Although they have to be given some credit for their league performance, it is also fair to say the stars aligned for them like never before.

Everything went for them and everything went against us. From the Covid issues when we had games postponed allowing them to open a big(ger) lead and taking all pressure off them. To not having the by far worst fans in football history in the stadium to abuse them for conceding a shy. To the refs, the media and even politicians getting behind the "cause". It will not last and next season we will see them revert to type, especially when the hordes are allowed back in.

This is my personal favourite.

I don't dispute any of that, my point is that they will not be anywhere near as efficient next season as they have this. We are their raison d'etre and they have peaked their own, made up mountain. The mentality will change next season and although we have a fair amount of work to do, they are a year older and have an ageing squad. They will never in their history have another season like this one and although we are behind at the moment we will close the gap quickly. They will also either bankrupt themselves or have to offload some of their better players. It won't last.

They went all in and imo cheated their way to this title. Once comparative normality returns to society, so shall it return to football. Their own fans are their biggest hindrance and they'll be back soon to feck things up for them

I’ve never understood why “booked for his first 2 fouls” is relevant. If they’re yellow card worthy, then it doesn’t matter if they’re his first or 10th

his first clear bookable offence was only given as a foul, so he had three clear yellow card fouls in the game but got booked for two. Strange the first foul hasn't been mentioned in the press/clyde etc

the hurt is splendid, this demented one is special:

Although they have to be given some credit for their league performance, it is also fair to say the stars aligned for them like never before.

Everything went for them and everything went against us. From the Covid issues when we had games postponed allowing them to open a big(ger) lead and taking all pressure off them. To not having the by far worst fans in football history in the stadium to abuse them for conceding a shy. To the refs, the media and even politicians getting behind the "cause". It will not last and next season we will see them revert to type, especially when the hordes are allowed back in.

This is my personal favourite.

I don't dispute any of that, my point is that they will not be anywhere near as efficient next season as they have this. We are their raison d'etre and they have peaked their own, made up mountain. The mentality will change next season and although we have a fair amount of work to do, they are a year older and have an ageing squad. They will never in their history have another season like this one and although we are behind at the moment we will close the gap quickly. They will also either bankrupt themselves or have to offload some of their better players. It won't last.

They went all in and imo cheated their way to this title. Once comparative normality returns to society, so shall it return to football. Their own fans are their biggest hindrance and they'll be back soon to feck things up for them
From the same fannies that threw bricks at their own team bus

flatbackground

Club Captain

Unpopular opinion: That save from McGregor looks good because he's had to give the the acrobatics because he's small.

But it's a shot from 28 yards right in the middle of the goal. There's no way a keeper at that level should be getting beat by that and it should really be a pretty routine save.
At least Alan's arms are the right length.Imagine Bark ass trying to reach it !.

Do we have a Turnbull - How it Started / How it's going - update yet? :))
“Probably deserves a season under a coach that knows what he’s doing. However he ain’t the next big thing IMHO.
No pace, no dig in the tackle. Probably ok against a team sitting in but poor when up against a team going head to head with us. Old man Davis still running away from him after 80 minutes, doesn’t bode well for the guy!”

”I’m really not on the Turnbull bus. There’s lots of positives in his game but do I see him in the “build a team around him” mould? Not even close.

He’s a box to box midfielder with not much pace and even less stamina. Until he fixes that, he’s really not going to get me believing he’ll be a first pick next year.“

They still see him as some sort of saviour to build their team around :)

That Sevco thread todayo_O

Apparently we have a big HMRC bill we haven’t paid. Few of them obsessing over money we owe Ashley. One saying we need to qualify for the CL or we are going bust. Loads of them generally obsessing over our accounts.

They really are a bunch of freakshow bastards. Within 24 hours of their team of imposters being absolutely humiliated, it would seem they have all defaulted back to Sevco finances.

flatbackground

Club Captain

As some-one else paraphrased.

"Shockeroony. Man does his job!!"

That Sevco thread todayo_O

Apparently we have a big HMRC bill we haven’t paid. Few of them obsessing over money we owe Ashley. One saying we need to qualify for the CL or we are going bust. Loads of them generally obsessing over our accounts.

They really are a bunch of freakshow bastards. Within 24 hours of their team of imposters being absolutely humiliated, it would seem they have all defaulted back to Sevco finances.
Apparently if you don’t qualify for the CL next season then the games a bogey. It’s all they have mate, let them cling to it.

Lovely, how are they going to cope when we get through the group stages?
Don’t even go there, if you think this is a meltdown...

Not only do I think you will qualify for the groups, there’s no reason you can’t be fighting for 3rd/2nd based on this season in Europe. Depends obviously on comings and going’s etc but beyond the elite teams in the CL, the quality generally is of the Benfica variety and you are more than capable.

genuinely curious to hear the origins of the current hmrc rumours
What hmrc rumours? I haven’t seen anything recently but they were getting excited about deferred tax which every company is currently allowed to do and pay over a set time I believe. Presumably Rangers would take advantage of that if required like anybody would and they’ve put 2+2 to make a rumour.

Is the truth getting to you now? While we all celebrate knowing we are giving it our all for our club you have to wrestle with your conscience of being part of the problem that is intent on hindering us at every step.

No doubt an embarrassment to the rest of your family.
What actions? What the %^*& is he on about? Haha
The guy you quoted is an snp fanboy

“Probably deserves a season under a coach that knows what he’s doing. However he ain’t the next big thing IMHO.
No pace, no dig in the tackle. Probably ok against a team sitting in but poor when up against a team going head to head with us. Old man Davis still running away from him after 80 minutes, doesn’t bode well for the guy!”

”I’m really not on the Turnbull bus. There’s lots of positives in his game but do I see him in the “build a team around him” mould? Not even close.

He’s a box to box midfielder with not much pace and even less stamina. Until he fixes that, he’s really not going to get me believing he’ll be a first pick next year.“

They still see him as some sort of saviour to build their team around :)
The Turnbull penny is dropping with them now. He’s like the version of Nico Krancjer that Rangers got. He looks elegant on the ball, does some things really well, but games pass him by. I’ve watched him against us several times now and he seems to always be on the edge of the game. If, and that’s a big if, they plan on building the future of Celtic around him, I’ll be a happy bear.

The Turnbull penny is dropping with them now. He’s like the version of Nico Krancjer that Rangers got. He looks elegant on the ball, does some things really well, but games pass him by. I’ve watched him against us several times now and he seems to always be on the edge of the game. If, and that’s a big if, they plan on building the future of Celtic around him, I’ll be a happy bear.

They're completely delusional.

Remember at the beginning of the season Laxalt was in a different league to anything else in this country and that they should just enjoy him while he's there. :D

Kevin Philips talking in riddles to football insider about Howe.

“Maybe they can make the announcement on the last weekend of the season. This has been mooted for a long time and it won’t be a surprise when it is announced.

“But it will definitely be the last weekend of the season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back