Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just over 15k renewals for them supposedly.

Shite fans.

sure i read there "deadline" for renewals was end of next week? granted wouldn't be a shock if that was pushed back but 15k renewals is pretty pathetic although not surprising with the current shambles.

That's the glory hunters deserting them in their thousands

I hear you, i seen a post on twitter think it came from KDS of some guy - assumably hospitality Celtic Club (think it was called) - wrote them an email about why he wasn't renewing and he didn't miss and hit the wall - will try and find it.

Edit ** found it

They ask for a reason and I summarised in 4 bullet points, based on the crux of the below email I sent to Caitlin Alexander of Executive Sales

Caitlin

It is with much sadness that I am deciding not to renew my Club Celtic membership or even purchase a standard season ticket for the forthcoming season.

I refuse to fund the gross mismanagement of the club and while the departure of Peter Lawwell is welcome, but well overdue by about 11 years, I believe he will still have a malign influence at the club.

From the lazy appointment of re-hiring Neil Lennon, to his refusal to sack him after another Champions League exit to a side with a fraction of our budget, then from the botched Eddie Howe appointment to the shocking appointment of a relative nobody who just happens to work in the same group of companies as his son, I cannot continue to fund this corporate vandalism.

During his parsimony over the years, Lawwell and the board decided that we could not compete in Europe so he decided that we should just compete with whoever our city neighbours are. As a result we have needlessly missed out on 6 of 8 the last Champions League revenues and allowed a near bankrupt neighbour over take us and give them direct access to the Champions League for season 22/23.

No lessons have been learned from the one time we hired a first rate manager who had full control, who even then was undermined by our board. Ion his departure we received near world record compensation, yet he was replaced by the cheap option who left his last job under a cloud with his side 8th in the SPFL, all the while there was nothing “cheap” about the remuneration afforded to Peter Lawwell.

His ego, which meant he saw himself as de facto Director of Football where he had undue influence on player recruitment has led us to the mess we are in now and no lessons appear to be learned and even less culpability acknowledged.

I could go on and cite numerous other examples of the corporate failure of Peter Lawwell and the board.

Therefore, with a true sadness, but as a protest, I am withdrawing all financial support to the club and I will be urging others to do likewise, however upsetting it is.

On a personal note, I would like to thank you and all your colleagues for the excellent service I received as a Club Celtic member.

Yours Sincerely

I hear you, i seen a post on twitter think it came from KDS of some guy - assumably hospitality Celtic Club (think it was called) - wrote them an email about why he wasn't renewing and he didn't miss and hit the wall - will try and find it.

Edit ** found it

They ask for a reason and I summarised in 4 bullet points, based on the crux of the below email I sent to Caitlin Alexander of Executive Sales

Caitlin

It is with much sadness that I am deciding not to renew my Club Celtic membership or even purchase a standard season ticket for the forthcoming season.

I refuse to fund the gross mismanagement of the club and while the departure of Peter Lawwell is welcome, but well overdue by about 11 years, I believe he will still have a malign influence at the club.

From the lazy appointment of re-hiring Neil Lennon, to his refusal to sack him after another Champions League exit to a side with a fraction of our budget, then from the botched Eddie Howe appointment to the shocking appointment of a relative nobody who just happens to work in the same group of companies as his son, I cannot continue to fund this corporate vandalism.

During his parsimony over the years, Lawwell and the board decided that we could not compete in Europe so he decided that we should just compete with whoever our city neighbours are. As a result we have needlessly missed out on 6 of 8 the last Champions League revenues and allowed a near bankrupt neighbour over take us and give them direct access to the Champions League for season 22/23.

No lessons have been learned from the one time we hired a first rate manager who had full control, who even then was undermined by our board. Ion his departure we received near world record compensation, yet he was replaced by the cheap option who left his last job under a cloud with his side 8th in the SPFL, all the while there was nothing “cheap” about the remuneration afforded to Peter Lawwell.

His ego, which meant he saw himself as de facto Director of Football where he had undue influence on player recruitment has led us to the mess we are in now and no lessons appear to be learned and even less culpability acknowledged.

I could go on and cite numerous other examples of the corporate failure of Peter Lawwell and the board.

Therefore, with a true sadness, but as a protest, I am withdrawing all financial support to the club and I will be urging others to do likewise, however upsetting it is.

On a personal note, I would like to thank you and all your colleagues for the excellent service I received as a Club Celtic member.

Yours Sincerely

You haven't allowed us anything in europe you prick, it's because of our results and form in europe there will be direct entry to the CL for the league winners next year, and its an absolute riddy you even get a crack at it as runners up this year

Edit ** found it

Caitlin

Yours Sincerely
I had Articulated Lauries voice in my head as i read that :)

Edit ** found it

Caitlin

Yours Sincerely
How delightful.
This is like the best advent calendar ever, every day a new giggle, a wee bit of happiness added to the heap.
It’s 102 days since we officially won it, and there is still hilarity on a daily basis.

Edit ** found it

Caitlin

Yours Sincerely
World record compensation?

Just over 15k renewals for them supposedly.

Shite fans.

I find that hard to believe but I really, really hope that is all that has renewed.

If we had only 15k renewals in the middle of June, I am telling you the press would be all over that like a pig in shite. Shouting about financial crisis, tough season ahead, no players coming in etc, etc.

If this is true, yet the Scottish Sporting media are just ignoring it and not sending out some warning signs. Just reporting on someone guy who used to play part time football telling everyone Ange will be in the EPL soon.

I find that hard to believe but I really, really hope that is all that has renewed.

If we had only 15k renewals in the middle of June, I am telling you the press would be all over that like a pig in shite. Shouting about financial crisis, tough season ahead, no players coming in etc, etc.

If this is true, yet the Scottish Sporting media are just ignoring it and not sending out some warning signs. Just reporting on someone guy who used to play part time football telling everyone Ange will be in the EPL soon.
Isn’t it wonderful

every day is a new joy

I see they are offering their first qualifier as a freebie on their ST, which taken on its own merit is a good idea, I’d like us to do similar, but for them, with current low numbers it’s just like an incentive to persuade them to hand over their giros for a ST.

Edit ** found it

Caitlin

Yours Sincerely
Faithful throo and throo.

They really do hate winning, they'd much rather be in a constant state of victimhood.

I see they are offering their first qualifier as a freebie on their ST, which taken on its own merit is a good idea, I’d like us to do similar, but for them, with current low numbers it’s just like an incentive to persuade them to hand over their giros for a ST.
I think that's 'normal' for them mate, rather than an 'incentive' for the coming season.

27,874 renewals apparently.
A 'joke' figure put out on KDS because that was seemingly their precise attendance at every home game under the Kellys as they siphoned off the money without paying tax.

The consensus over there still seems to be they are still at circa 15k renewals. I expect that will rise a fair bit nearer their deadline as many are just holding off renewing until the last minute to 'make a point'. Whatever said point might be.

A 'joke' figure put out on KDS because that was seemingly their precise attendance at every home game under the Kellys as they siphoned off the money without paying tax.

The consensus over there still seems to be they are still at circa 15k renewals. I expect that will rise a fair bit nearer their deadline as many are just holding off renewing until the last minute to 'make a point'. Whatever said point might be.
The point "we are glory hunting cranks"

Seems more realistic. Whats your source though?

Everyone throwing out random numbers but never mentioning where they came from.
One or 2 who seem to get snippets are saying 15k. The 27k was a poster being smart about their official attendances under the Kelly/Whytes. Looks like it’s very low. If we’re to believe their figures from recent years 15k will be about quarter. If it is currently 15-20k with a lot saying they’re leaving it till the last minute you’d think they’ll get 30-35k

One or 2 who seem to get snippets are saying 15k. The 27k was a poster being smart about their official attendances under the Kelly/Whytes. Looks like it’s very low. If we’re to believe their figures from recent years 15k will be about quarter. If it is currently 15-20k with a lot saying they’re leaving it till the last minute you’d think they’ll get 30-35k
I am sure sales will be poor, but I really find it hard to believe they are as lows as 15k

It was about 10-11k about 2 weeks ago and only a few days after sales began

I wonder if this is why one of their accounts in the early 90s detailed how the year before in the accounts they accidentally forgot to declare the proper tax amount, approx £600k I think, in one area.

Just an accident.

I've not seen it confirmed. The Mail on Sunday broke the story back in April and the rest of the media picked up on it. Its not been denied either right enough, which would suggest there's something in it.

It’s true. His contract currently is set to expire on the 31st of December.

Seriously what an absolute fucking weirdo, can you imagine anyone doing that with say Christie or one of their foreign players. I’d ridicule them myself if they did.
Pathetic Obsessed wankers
Christie would be a brilliant player for Scotland if he changed his sport to rugby .
He would be challenging Gavin Hastings as our all time greatest points scorer .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back