Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
panic and realisation starting to take effect

san meegs
11K10,809

Retired and now a BT Sports pundit

11:22 PM - 2 days ago#923
Honestly can't understand the calibre of player we're getting linked with.

Are we taking our Covid hit this year after delaying it a year to go for 10? We didn't lose a single notable player last summer, whilst we spent a fair whack, admittedly on pish, and went another season without CL football along with any matchday income for the first time ever.

Can't get my head round it. It has to be that or there's something else afoot, good or bad, that we haven't been made aware of by the club that is having financial implications for us.

I cannot believe a Celtic board would actively pursue this calibre or player and manager and think it's all going to be good enough to get us back to where we should be. Something isn't rig

san meegs
11K10,809

Are we taking our Covid hit this year after delaying it a year to go for 10? We didn't lose a single notable player last summer, whilst we spent a fair whack, admittedly on pish, and went another season without CL football along with any matchday income for the first time ever.

Can't get my head round it. It has to be that or there's something else afoot, good or bad, that we haven't been made aware of by the club that is having financial implications for us.

I cannot believe a Celtic board would actively pursue this calibre or player and manager and think it's all going to be good enough to get us back to where we should be. Something isn't rig
Yes. You’re skint.

san meegs
11K10,809

Couldn’t be alluding to the biggest paedo ring in world sport?

san meegs
11K10,809

This is a quite delicious serving of fear and suffering.

I hear you, i seen a post on twitter think it came from KDS of some guy - assumably hospitality Celtic Club (think it was called) - wrote them an email about why he wasn't renewing and he didn't miss and hit the wall - will try and find it.

Edit ** found it

They ask for a reason and I summarised in 4 bullet points, based on the crux of the below email I sent to Caitlin Alexander of Executive Sales

Caitlin

It is with much sadness that I am deciding not to renew my Club Celtic membership or even purchase a standard season ticket for the forthcoming season.

I refuse to fund the gross mismanagement of the club and while the departure of Peter Lawwell is welcome, but well overdue by about 11 years, I believe he will still have a malign influence at the club.

From the lazy appointment of re-hiring Neil Lennon, to his refusal to sack him after another Champions League exit to a side with a fraction of our budget, then from the botched Eddie Howe appointment to the shocking appointment of a relative nobody who just happens to work in the same group of companies as his son, I cannot continue to fund this corporate vandalism.

During his parsimony over the years, Lawwell and the board decided that we could not compete in Europe so he decided that we should just compete with whoever our city neighbours are. As a result we have needlessly missed out on 6 of 8 the last Champions League revenues and allowed a near bankrupt neighbour over take us and give them direct access to the Champions League for season 22/23.

No lessons have been learned from the one time we hired a first rate manager who had full control, who even then was undermined by our board. Ion his departure we received near world record compensation, yet he was replaced by the cheap option who left his last job under a cloud with his side 8th in the SPFL, all the while there was nothing “cheap” about the remuneration afforded to Peter Lawwell.

His ego, which meant he saw himself as de facto Director of Football where he had undue influence on player recruitment has led us to the mess we are in now and no lessons appear to be learned and even less culpability acknowledged.

I could go on and cite numerous other examples of the corporate failure of Peter Lawwell and the board.

Therefore, with a true sadness, but as a protest, I am withdrawing all financial support to the club and I will be urging others to do likewise, however upsetting it is.

On a personal note, I would like to thank you and all your colleagues for the excellent service I received as a Club Celtic member.

Yours Sincerely
"whoever our city neighbours are"? God what a wanker. Thanks for not financially supporting your club though.

shows you how mental they are !! now i don't like Celtic - but i can still compliment a decent player if they play for them (ie Dembele)

shows how naive and bitter they are - next they will tell us again how pish Alfie and Kent are ...
I second that mate,i thought Dembele was a cracking player and caused us all sorts of problems,was glad to see the back of him tbh

I second that mate,i thought Dembele was a cracking player and caused us all sorts of problems,was glad to see the back of him tbh

Just a different mentality they have - everything Rangers = shite (players / goals / managers / achievements) as where I can sit here as a Rangers fan and say Dembele was a good player - eduoard when he can be arsed good player - Rogers when he was there good manager blah blah

They are just incapable of giving Rangers and anything Rangers any credit - they would rather moon howl and shout Sevco - ie our unbeaten league record last season wasn’t credit to Rangers it was just Celtic we’re crap and was Lennon / board / covid that caused it.

Just a different mentality they have - everything Rangers = shite (players / goals / managers / achievements) as where I can sit here as a Rangers fan and say Dembele was a good player - eduoard when he can be arsed good player - Rogers when he was there good manager blah blah

They are just incapable of giving Rangers and anything Rangers any credit - they would rather moon howl and shout Sevco - ie our unbeaten league record last season wasn’t credit to Rangers it was just Celtic we’re crap and was Lennon / board / covid that caused it.
it's funny, you get the odd loner on kerry fail saying are they really average, they've got to EL QF 2 years in a row, gone unbeaten etc, only to be shouted down about how lucky we are.

it's funny, you get the odd loner on kerry fail saying are they really average, they've got to EL QF 2 years in a row, gone unbeaten etc, only to be shouted down about how lucky we are.

always luck or A N Other random excuse (Covid now seems to be the favourite) they forget they won the league by an email ballot and a Dundee spam filter … always cheated never defeated since 1888 haha

S a good thing for us. They are so arrogant their sense of entitlement so great it will always be a handicap.

French diddy from super-duper Ballon d'or winner in the making to this.....

Reports today that Odsonne Edouard is “considering” staying at Celtic for the next 12 months and leaving on a free are as unlikely as they are stupid.

It would be a ridiculous state of affairs for a player who wanted to go last year to hang around for another campaign, robbing us of a big transfer fee, screwing over his old club into the bargain and earning the enmity of the fans.

I am already sick of watching this lazy sod meander around the pitch; my fury reached its height last season in his dire zero-effort cup performance. Does he really think doing so in front of fans is tenable? This is a player who has no commitment to the club whatsoever at the moment, and every day he stays is another day closer to being out the door.

The idea of having to watch this guy wander around the pitch for a major Champions League qualifier next month holds absolutely no appeal whatsoever. I would rather we go in there with nobody than play him.:)):)):))

Reports today that Odsonne Edouard is “considering” staying at Celtic for the next 12 months and leaving on a free are as unlikely as they are stupid.

It would be a ridiculous state of affairs for a player who wanted to go last year to hang around for another campaign, robbing us of a big transfer fee, screwing over his old club into the bargain and earning the enmity of the fans.

I am already sick of watching this lazy sod meander around the pitch; my fury reached its height last season in his dire zero-effort cup performance. Does he really think doing so in front of fans is tenable? This is a player who has no commitment to the club whatsoever at the moment, and every day he stays is another day closer to being out the door.

The idea of having to watch this guy wander around the pitch for a major Champions League qualifier next month holds absolutely no appeal whatsoever. I would rather we go in there with nobody than play him.:)):)):))
“Penoard I’m afraid you’re terrible at being tenable at Celtic Park and the game is up for you”

EugbRBqXUAMrrDZ

Isn't it fucking marvellous that they don't want their French under 17 superstar to stay and play for them.

What a fucking glorious mess.

I suspect OE's burning desire to get the hell out of there is greater than anything else.

Its been suggested this is perhaps an angle being worked to try and force Celt!c into selling as theyre holding out for massive fee which is not coming. Could well be as its scuppered plenty of their signings. Whether he goes for a reduced free now or nothing later its still a continuous and glorious mess.

Arrogance is ignorance is -£15M

They just don’t deal in facts do they, I see they have been discussing Patterson on their world famous Sevco thread saying if he was so good he would have played in the 1-1 game at their dump

Gerrard said that he wasn’t fully fit but these idiots just ignore the facts, its funny how they never mentioned anything about him terrorising them in the 2-0 game.

my memory is a bit hazy due to the sheer amount of batterings we gave the filth last season, but in the 1-1 game did he not come on at half time and terrorise them?

that statement should see someone sectioned

McGregor was the worst player on the pitch

agreed, and before I could be accused for blue tinted specs, I was saying to a few pals last night that with 20 odd minutes to go he should have took Macgregor off - McGinn back a bit and Forrest (or Fraser) playing off the front 2.

even Christie may have at least offered a shot at a goal (1% chance of it hitting the target and not leaving the stadium) whereas Macgregor offered absolute nothing. I really hope they keep him and make him captain, he was one of our best players in multiple old firms last season.

"whoever our city neighbours are"? God what a wanker. Thanks for not financially supporting your club though.
What is it with these tramps and their flowery use of the English language.They seem to think that by using a few big words and by throwing in the odd Latin phrase they suddenly become an intellectual.
Where were they when they had no competition and were being gifted a league title.The truth is they have been put in their place and are looking for convenient scapegoats to relieve their pain.

What is it with these tramps and their flowery use of the English language.They seem to think that by using a few big words and by throwing in the odd Latin phrase they suddenly become an intellectual.
Where were they when they had no competition and were being gifted a league title.The truth is they have been put in their place and are looking for convenient scapegoats to relieve their pain.

They think that they’re living n a hybrid reality of Brigadoon meets, Bravehart meets an Aaron Sorkin screenplay.

sure i read there "deadline" for renewals was end of next week? granted wouldn't be a shock if that was pushed back but 15k renewals is pretty pathetic although not surprising with the current shambles.
Tgfitw indeed.
NOT. As has been said before I would love to have seen what crowds they would have got in the bottom tier of the game. I’ll hazard a guess at about 5k tops

:)

Flawless

31K14,607

Older than dirt

12:00 AM - Today#948
So, with about 30 days to go until we start back up.

We spent this whole year so far holding onto a manager that sneered at us and was eventually shoved out the door because things were so bad, we then spent the next few months begging a guy with an open door who turned us down. We then got the first available rolladex City group guy fresh of a 4th tier cup defeat. Who had to isolate and so as of Jun 20th hasn't been in Glasgow nor seen a player on the grass. We've lost half a team with only a wee Sheffield Wednesday benched player coming in. We are actively trying to punt our two best players and now are about to bring back another snidey, sneering ancient 64 year old from Dundee ( who spent more time at CP than at his job) who's son is a coach of no merit who sits along side an unsackable bore.

All the Whilst the villain of the iron throne still remains.

That 50 quid voucher better be able to be used in boots for Valium. Or a shotgun to blow our own brains out.

If you've renewed you're eff mental. God love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back