Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
Flawless
31K14,607

Older than dirt

12:00 AM - Today#948
So, with about 30 days to go until we start back up.

We spent this whole year so far holding onto a manager that sneered at us and was eventually shoved out the door because things were so bad, we then spent the next few months begging a guy with an open door who turned us down. We then got the first available rolladex City group guy fresh of a 4th tier cup defeat. Who had to isolate and so as of Jun 20th hasn't been in Glasgow nor seen a player on the grass. We've lost half a team with only a wee Sheffield Wednesday benched player coming in. We are actively trying to punt our two best players and now are about to bring back another snidey, sneering ancient 64 year old from Dundee ( who spent more time at CP than at his job) who's son is a coach of no merit who sits along side an unsackable bore.

All the Whilst the villain of the iron throne still remains.

That 50 quid voucher better be able to be used in boots for Valium. Or a shotgun to blow our own brains out.

If you've renewed you're eff mental. God love you.
It’s been said on here before, but the contempt with which their board holds their fans is just beautiful to see

It's prediction time over there, so many to choose from however I'm not sure what funnier, them winning the league or qualifying out the group stages :D

nervous 'tic

Club Captain

10:45 PM - 1 day ago#3
1. League - 1st
2. Europe - Europa League group stages 2and, knocked out after Christmas
3. League cup - winner
4. Scottish Cup - winner
5. Will Ange still be here next season - Yes
6. Will Kennedy/Strachan still be here next season - Yes.

I'm going for a treble. Last season we had players, but no system. We're heading into this season probably lacking players, but most likely with a system. I expect Ange Postecoglou to surprise us all

It's prediction time over there, so many to choose from however I'm not sure what funnier, them winning the league or qualifying out the group stages :D

nervous 'tic

Club Captain

1. League - 1st
3. League cup - winner
4. Scottish Cup - winner

I'm going for a treble. Last season we had players, but no system. We're heading into this season probably lacking players, but most likely with a system. I expect Ange Postecoglou to surprise us all

So if you have a system but not the players then you win all that? Can't wait to see it in action.

nervous 'tic

Club Captain

1. League - 1st
3. League cup - winner
4. Scottish Cup - winner

tenor.gif

F me.

The year they just had. The close season shambles of finding a manager. Losing their better players. No indication of replacing them with anyone even half as good. Won nothing last year. Lost the league by 25points.

All that leads him to believe a treble and Europe after Xmas is on the cards?!

French diddy from super-duper Ballon d'or winner in the making to this.....

Reports today that Odsonne Edouard is “considering” staying at Celtic for the next 12 months and leaving on a free are as unlikely as they are stupid.

It would be a ridiculous state of affairs for a player who wanted to go last year to hang around for another campaign, robbing us of a big transfer fee, screwing over his old club into the bargain and earning the enmity of the fans.

I am already sick of watching this lazy sod meander around the pitch; my fury reached its height last season in his dire zero-effort cup performance. Does he really think doing so in front of fans is tenable? This is a player who has no commitment to the club whatsoever at the moment, and every day he stays is another day closer to being out the door.

The idea of having to watch this guy wander around the pitch for a major Champions League qualifier next month holds absolutely no appeal whatsoever. I would rather we go in there with nobody than play him.:)):)):))
He won't be able to watch him "wander around" in their 2nd or 3rd round Champions League qualifying rounds because he will be at the Tokyo Olympics.

tenor.gif

F me.

The year they just had. The close season shambles of finding a manager. Losing their better players. No indication of replacing them with anyone even half as good. Won nothing last year. Lost the league by 25points.

will they play the system up front or at RB?

tenor.gif

F me.

Do they not need to register players in the next 5 days or something for CL QR2? They have literally signed no one and their manager hasn't been working with them. They will be lucky to qualify to QR3, if they don't they will be lucky to qualify for the Europa League group stages as guys like Christie, Eduoard, Ajer, Ntcham etc will not want to play in those games as they don't want to end up cup tied in case they end up with a team who is in Europe. They have no right or left back really and they still have Barkas.

Fair play to the boy he is trying to be positive but if he takes his Celtic hat off and takes a look at the neutrally he will see that things do not look good for them just now and the calibre of players they are being linked with are sub-standard. Plus still disarray around the management team, no Sporting Director and with no Sporting Director you are relying on a manager with no experience of our leagues to know who to sign.

Do they not need to register players in the next 5 days or something for CL QR2? They have literally signed no one and their manager hasn't been working with them. They will be lucky to qualify to QR3, if they don't they will be lucky to qualify for the Europa League group stages as guys like Christie, Eduoard, Ajer, Ntcham etc will not want to play in those games as they don't want to end up cup tied in case they end up with a team who is in Europe. They have no right or left back really and they still have Barkas.

Fair play to the boy he is trying to be positive but if he takes his Celtic hat off and takes a look at the neutrally he will see that things do not look good for them just now and the calibre of players they are being linked with are sub-standard. Plus still disarray around the management team, no Sporting Director and with no Sporting Director you are relying on a manager with no experience of our leagues to know who to sign.

even forgetting the "might go/wants to go"

they've lost Brown, Duffy, Elouyanoousiisiisi, Kenny, Laxalt, Klimala from the squad that ended the season
and brought in Shaw from Sheff Wed & some unknown from Scunthorpe

their squad is an utter mess
they must be dreaming of having a meltdown over a training kit

You don't get cup tied in the qualifiers anymore

I caught the start of ACSOM yesterday. They announced Anthony Ralston had been offered a new deal and they were all keen on signing Stephen O'Donnell. Their justification for signing O'Donnell was ''well he's better than Ralston''.

Hilarious the mess this mob are in. Not long ago they were getting all excited about Eddie Howe coming in, fast forward a couple of weeks and they've taken on an unproven Aussie, offered a new deal to Anthony Ralston, and they're now pining for Stephen O'Donnell. :D

even forgetting the "might go/wants to go"

they've lost Brown, Duffy, Elouyanoousiisiisi, Kenny, Laxalt, Klimala from the squad that ended the season
and brought in Shaw from Sheff Wed & some unknown from Scunthorpe

their squad is an utter mess
they must be dreaming of having a meltdown over a training kit
So they haven't really lost anyone who's actually good at football.

I caught the start of ACSOM yesterday. They announced Anthony Ralston had been offered a new deal and they were all keen on signing Stephen O'Donnell. Their justification for signing O'Donnell was ''well he's better than Ralston''.

Hilarious the mess this mob are in. Not long ago they were getting all excited about Eddie Howe coming in, fast forward a couple of weeks and they've taken on an unproven Aussie, offered a new deal to Anthony Ralston, and they're now pining for Stephen O'Donnell. :D

Barkas
Taylor Welsh Hendry O’Donnell

B-D

“I’m out of contract at the end of the month, but I spoke to the manager last week and he’s keen to keep me on. We’re looking for a deal that can be done and hopefully it can done in the next few days.”

The fat, lazy wage thief is staying for the 56. Great news.

E_JackThaler

Getting on a bit

46 minutes ago#5005
I posted this in the Croatia match thread, but it belongs here too:

I'm seeing some amount of pish on twitter this morning about how many goals an unfit Leigh Griffiths would have scored at the Euros.

Griffiths hasn't scored for Scotland for 4 years.
Griffiths has failed to score for Scotland in 19 of his 22 appearances.
Griffiths has scored 2 goals from open play for Scotland (1 of those against Malta).
That's what a fit, 20 something Leigh Griffiths was producing at international level.

The notion that an unfit 30 something Leigh Griffiths would suddenly become a prolific international striker is completely eff mental.

“I’m out of contract at the end of the month, but I spoke to the manager last week and he’s keen to keep me on. We’re looking for a deal that can be done and hopefully it can done in the next few days.”

The fat, lazy wage thief is staying for the 56. Great news.
He got a 4 year deal on good money last time after celtic panicked. He's done next to nothing since. Him walking away now isn't a gamble for celtic. Him staying and getting a wage is saving them from signing someone as they've no-one lined up. As is the case with Ralston they're building a squad by retaining their failures.

panic and realisation starting to take effect

san meegs
11K10,809

Retired and now a BT Sports pundit

11:22 PM - 2 days ago#923
Honestly can't understand the calibre of player we're getting linked with.

Are we taking our Covid hit this year after delaying it a year to go for 10? We didn't lose a single notable player last summer, whilst we spent a fair whack, admittedly on pish, and went another season without CL football along with any matchday income for the first time ever.

Can't get my head round it. It has to be that or there's something else afoot, good or bad, that we haven't been made aware of by the club that is having financial implications for us.

I cannot believe a Celtic board would actively pursue this calibre or player and manager and think it's all going to be good enough to get us back to where we should be. Something isn't rig
Eh maybe court cases in July .

the Filth may well have a list of potential signings that have been simmering away in the background during the dead time between Neic getting binned and big Agnes arriving.

that list will have been sorted by basically the same scouting network that identified and brought in Barkas, Duffy and Laxalt!

the Filth may well have a list of potential signings that have been simmering away in the background during the dead time between Neic getting binned and big Agnes arriving.

that list will have been sorted by basically the same scouting network that identified and brought in Barkas, Duffy and Laxalt!
This coming season is going to diminish their numbers and increase ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back