Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
over on KDS, Big Ange has turned into the Messiah, much better than last year, he communicates well with the players and the team know what to do (wholly f@@k) - fill yer cupboards with popcorn and get the deckchairs ready - tremendous viewing about to unfold over there.........

I thought I was watching one of those UK v Rest of the World charity games tonight, utter dire fitba from both sides and the lapdogs are bumming them up - please do think its alright and all u need is a few players here and there !!!!

Rangers - lets turn the screw this season, there on the ropes before a league ball has been kicked......

Am I wrong?

Barkas - McGregor/McLaughlin.

Ralston - Tav/Patterson.

Bitton - Goldson/Katic.

Welsh - Helander/Balogun.

Taylor - Barisic/Bassey.

Of course they wouldn't make our bench, that's not what my sigh was about

But do you realise they don't need to make our bench to finish 2nd in the league?

In your argument you shouldn't be comparing them against Rangers players, you should be comparing them against Aberdeen or Hibs players, you are the one who thinks a different team might finish 2nd so tell us who you think could finish 2nd and compare Celtic against them

over on KDS, Big Ange has turned into the Messiah, much better than last year, he communicates well with the players and the team know what to do (wholly f@@k) - fill yer cupboards with popcorn and get the deckchairs ready - tremendous viewing about to unfold over there.........

I thought I was watching one of those UK v Rest of the World charity games tonight, utter dire fitba from both sides and the lapdogs are bumming them up - please do think its alright and all u need is a few players here and there !!!!

Rangers - lets turn the screw this season, there on the ropes before a league ball has been kicked......

On tonight's showing they did look like they were better than last year. I'll reserve judgement on that until I see them play a team who try to get in behind them and actually trouble them.

They created enough good chances to have seen the tie off but were far from clinical.

Their midfield got so much time on the ball.

Danish leftback was a complete bombscare.

It felt like the Danes weren't playing with a striker. Celtic defence didn't really have to get physical all night.

Celtic weren't closed down quickly when in possession outside the box.

The Danish keeper wasn't the most competent with the ball at his feet.

Not many teams they play this season will afford them the same luxuries. Top end of the park there is some promise there, if they could be more clinical then they would be somewhere near mounting a challenge. Defence looks very questionable, they simply can't sit so high all season and not lose a fair few goals from balls over the top.

Not a chance they are winning over in Denmark. They blew their chances of going there with a 2-1 lead.

can’t see big Angela lasting long at the piggery. They will turn on him soon enough. His sweeper keeper high line formation won’t last long at all

Of course they wouldn't make our bench, that's not what my sigh was about

But do you realise they don't need to make our bench to finish 2nd in the league?

In your argument you shouldn't be comparing them against Rangers players, you should be comparing them against Aberdeen or Hibs players, you are the one who thinks a different team might finish 2nd so tell us who you think could finish 2nd and compare Celtic against them
Okay

Marciano - far better than Barkas.

Doig - far better than Taylor.

Porteous - probably on a par wtIh Welsh but more experienced.

McGinn - probably on a par with Ralston but more experienced.

Hanlon - equally as utter shite as Bitton

Okay

So you think Hibs will finish 2nd?

And the only way Celtic will finish 2nd will be with luck? That's what you said.

Interesting

I would recommend you don't bet money you can't afford to lose on that

On tonight's showing they did look like they were better than last year. I'll reserve judgement on that until I see them play a team who try to get in behind them and actually trouble them.

They created enough good chances to have seen the tie off but were far from clinical.

Their midfield got so much time on the ball.

Danish leftback was a complete bombscare.

It felt like the Danes weren't playing with a striker. Celtic defence didn't really have to get physical all night.

Celtic weren't closed down quickly when in possession outside the box.

The Danish keeper wasn't the most competent with the ball at his feet.

Not many teams they play this season will afford them the same luxuries. Top end of the park there is some promise there, if they could be more clinical then they would be somewhere near mounting a challenge. Defence looks very questionable, they simply can't sit so high all season and not lose a fair few goals from balls over the top.
is the Big Flange hypnotising people ??? will admit he has less of a squad at his disposal at the moment, but there was nothing from tonight to suggest they have improved 1.00% in any aspect from last season !!!

it will become much clearer as the increase in opposition puts them to the sword, brothers and sisters ;-)

Had a peak at KDS and can’t believe the delusion I am reading

a lot of them actually think they played superb tonight.

I watched the game and IMO they looked more threatening last season than they did tonight. Not to mention the Danes tonight were a shadow of the side we skelped two seasons ago.

The Danes were abysmal and offered nothing yet that lot still couldn’t beat them

is the Big Flange hypnotising people ??? will admit he has less of a squad at his disposal at the moment, but there was nothing from tonight to suggest they have improved 1.00% in any aspect from last season !!!

it will become much clearer as the increase in opposition puts them to the sword, brothers and sisters ;-)
Personally, no, not hypnotised

There has not been enough games played, transfers made, quality teams played for me to form an opinion yet

But others have already seen enough to be confident Celtic will finish 3rd and thay we will wipe the floor with them each old firm game

I watched the game and IMO they looked more threatening last season than they did tonight. Not to mention the Danes tonight were a shadow of the side we skelped two seasons ago.

The Danes were abysmal and offered nothing yet that lot still couldn’t beat them
There is a lot of delusion on this forum too

Saw the start of ACSOM earlier. The permanently raging Lawrence Connolly was extra raging today after finding out how many fans will be allowed into Ibrox in the upcoming matches. Further evidence that the Scottish government are biased towards Rangers apparently!

And the only way Celtic will finish 2nd will be with luck? That's what you said.

Interesting

There has not been enough games played, transfers made, quality teams played for me to form an opinion yet

But others have already seen enough to be confident Celtic will finish 3rd and thay we will wipe the floor with them each old firm game
There is a lot of delusion on this forum too
Bore off and stop ruining the thread.

Okay

Sounds about right. Boils down to a somewhat better defence for Hibs. But Celtic will sign more players (is Starfelt better than Porteous or Hanlon)? Celtic shipped 29 goals in SPFL last season and Hibs conceded 35, so they were already quite similar.

The big difference was at the other end, where Celtic scored 78 and Hibs scored 48. Even with the dire state of the Celtic squad, they likely have a good amount more goals in them than Hibs. Hopefully Celtic get off to a bad start and they can't handle the pressure.

Edit: as someone else pointed out above, Marciano is no longer at Hibs.

Last edited:

You told us a week or two ago, based on a bounce game against Sheffield Wednesday that you 'had on in the background', that they were 'clearly far better this season' :D

Our League is so poor that even with their horrific defence, and especially their comedy goalie, they will still finish 2nd. Aberdeen had their chance last season to finish 2nd, and shat it. As for us, I want all-out attack and destroy them in the first Old Firm game. They will never recover from that psychological blow.

Great performance from most of the team !! Barkas and Biton should not pull on a Celtic jersey again !!

Soro was outstanding tonight and McGregor and Christie looked like different players from last year, both were excellent, as was Welsh

Ange also deserves praise for bringing pace, energy and most of all belief back in to the team !!
B-D

Interesting

If Celtic don't change their back 4 drastically then they won't finish 2nd, fact. It'll be Aberdeen or hibs, I'd say, both stronger squads defensively

It was the couple of lung bursting runs they did in the first half that got the senses tingling for them in the stands. It was basically the equivalent of a boxer throwing 100 punches and only landing 1.

They were shite overall but after the collapse of a generation last season, it's only natural they get all excited over the slightest thing.

OmG wE hIt ThE PoSt!

They're still in shock and denial.

Imagine being the 2nd choice manager brought in at the 11th hour knowing they never really wanted you to then be told that you’re getting the same back room team that was chased from the stadium by their own fans last season. This is the reality for Big Ange. If he survives past Xmas I’ll be astonished. The faux empire continues to crumble.

Beautiful.

Their fans and the media really think they play some brand of revolutionary football that's going to resemble a top European side in a few months and romp this league. All this reaction after a score draw at home against a very poor Danish side.

Gerrard since he came in has had us playing some great football, especially in Europe and barely a peep about it from our media even with our league record last season and European runs. I hope the team are hungry for even more success this season that lot need slapped down even more.

Imagine being the 2nd choice manager brought in at the 11th hour knowing they never really wanted you to then be told that you’re getting the same back room team that was chased from the stadium by their own fans last season. This is the reality for Big Ange. If he survives past Xmas I’ll be astonished. The faux empire continues to crumble.

Beautiful.
They go out at this round, lose ground in the league early on and I don't even see the Calamity at Amity getting to Xmas.

It was the couple of lung bursting runs they did in the first half that got the senses tingling for them in the stands. It was basically the equivalent of a boxer throwing 100 punches and only landing 1.

They were shite overall but after the collapse of a generation last season, it's only natural they get all excited over the slightest thing.

OmG wE hIt ThE PoSt!

They're still in shock and denial.
This was like a section of our support under Pedro they didn't want to see what was staring them in the face. They come away with phrases such as " you can see what he's trying to doi " or " we're so much better on the ball" and " the squad needs time to bed in" ect two months down the line the stark reality will have kicked in when there miles off it

Big Ange will last at least this season I think, regardless what happens in Europe. If they go through now then lose theyll be courageous for doing so well despite all the difficult circumstances and if they lose now itll be because of all the difficult circumstances.

Their main focus at the moment is trying to raise money from player sales and hes not involved in that. Playing domestically, even with that wretched line-up, theyll win most games and the ones they dont the media will run cover and make their excuses - theyve had enough practice from last season.

I suppose they need to talk up Ange in the early days of his reign, however I cannot believe they are ignoring how bad the Danes were - they were an awful side and yet still left town with a draw (or 1 point if you ask Big Ange….)

Big Ange will last at least this season I think, regardless what happens in Europe. If they go through now then lose theyll be courageous for doing so well despite all the difficult circumstances and if they lose now itll be because of all the difficult circumstances.

Their main focus at the moment is trying to raise money from player sales and hes not involved in that. Playing domestically, even with that wretched line-up, theyll win most games and the ones they dont the media will run cover and make their excuses - theyve had enough practice from last season.
There's going to be a massive split in their support with the inevitable sharks flying in a couple of months when anyone with a modicum of organisating is taking points off them.

Popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back