Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched that clip earlier and thought he looked depressed.

I’m not being flippant, I would never be about something like that, but he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
He probably thought he was coming in to a club of genuine European pedigree………only to arrive, be told his best players are being sold, and he has to tolerate Brave Nose and iPaddy as his assistants.

I can see why he might feel a bit depressed!

E6_lgUXXMAQQczq

Is it my eyesight or does the one bending over to the left of their number 5 not look as if he's just had a watery fart?

Thank you West Ham

You don't see that very often, a decision against Soro for a foul. And from Cheating Beaton no less.

A few of the goals from a Celtic attack in and around the Wham box to the back of the celtic net in the blink of an eye.
The second is 5 WH passes and a finish starting from level with their own 6 yard box. The 4th actually made me burst out laughing when I watched it live.

There's goals for the taking if other teams in the league actually go om the attack against them.

It was a master class from Soro….:until he gave the penalty away to make it 3-1

Unfortunately as we saw with Brown for a decade and Soro last year, their midfielders are given carte blanche to run around fouling everyone whilst rarely picking up a freekick much less a card : (

One Old Firm game Soro was about double figures for fouls before finally getting a card. Amount of times a bear gets a card for the first foul

Am I right in they’ve only signed one defender and no goal keepers? They need about 6 bodies in just for the back alone.
Starfeeler is the only one they’ve signed I think. Unless they offload Barkas I can’t see them spending on a goalkeeper. They supposedly spent £5m on Barkas so I think he’ll be told he’s his goalie. Unless he’s willing to do without another player for a goalie.

Its on this video from around the 25 min mark .

It is even more glorious than I remember, thanks. I just wanted a laugh but I have re-listened and there are so many highlights:

"Plan A is attractive aggressive style of football. Plan B is to make plan A better." (lolburton)

<Ange is> "the perfect Manager for a neutral, home fan or even opponents"

<Don't Check my hard drive> mentions City Football Group and the two guys arses pucker up enough for them to visibly shift in their chairs.

"J-League is a top 10 league in the world" in which a 54 year old appeared in competitive matches last season.

<Don't Check my hard drive> talks about how Ange's team recently lost to a 4th tier Japanese team as an example of how competitive Japanese football is. B-D

<Don't Check my hard drive> states that Ange has never been in a two horse race and that he has been in regular 7-8 horse races (as if that is relevant). Both guys visibly wince.

"I am not here to defend Ange on his defending. Even Ange will not defend Ange's defending." B-D

"Ange is not a Manager who comes in and flips a switch and everything is better. If the Celtic board were not aware of that then that is their problem" B-D

Mentions that Ange's team conceded 54 goals in a season then says "Don't worry about the defence, it will work itself out" B-D

Justifies this bombshell by pointing out that his team's goalkeepers know how to run and says "when they {plural!?!} have given up, lets call them dumb goals, Ange hasn't thrown them under the bus as he knows it's not their fault for playing how he wants them to play" B-D

Talks about how he finds it an admirable quality for backing his keepers for conceding dumb goals.

<Don't Check my hard drive> is directly challenged on concerns about Ange's apparently inability to organise a defence and responds, seriously, with "I promise you that nobody has had more fun than Marianos fans. Winning is fun but this is a great chance for Celtic fans to discover different joys" <pucker, pucker, face rub, pucker> B-D

"He needs patience and understanding" B-D

"Green Brigade should do a thank you Yokohama banner"

"Don't worry about winning, it will be fun" B-D

Last edited:
I watched that clip earlier and thought he looked depressed.

I’m not being flippant, I would never be about something like that, but he looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Prob is imo just thought cos people know the ne of that team around the world it must be a good job :)) I suspect he's walked into a few nasty surprises and knows he's made a terrible mistake

it was Bain in goals for the 4th 5th and 6th

Have PL or DD appointed Ange as a GIRFUY to Celtic fans?LOL

I still suspect SC will arrive before the end of the year as part of the aforementioneds cunning plan and strategy.
Bring it on. Their failure plus lack of forward vision delights me.
If the big Aussie realises he's been taken for a mug then he'll walk. Step forward John Kennedy. It was always the plan.

It is even more glorious than I remember, thanks. I just wanted a laugh but I have re-listened and there are so many highlights:

"Plan A is attractive aggressive style of football. Plan B is to make plan A better." (lolburton)

<Don't Check my hard drive> mentions City Football Group and the two guys arses pucker up enough for them to visibly shift in their chairs.

"J-League is a top 10 league in the world" in which a 54 year old appeared in competitive matches last season.

Talks about how Ange's team recently lost to a 4th tier Japanese team as an example of how competitive Japanese football is. B-D

States that Ange has never been in a two horse race and that he has been in regular 7-8 horse races as if that is relevant <both guys visibly wince>

"I am not here to defend Ange on his defending. Even Ange will not defend Ange's defending." B-D

"Ange is not a Manager who comes in and flips a switch and everything is better. If the Celtic board were not aware of that then that is their problem" B-D

Mentions that his team conceded 54 goals in a season then says "Don't worry about the defence, it will work itself out" B-D

Justifies this bombshell by pointing out that his teams goalkeepers know how to run and says "when they {plural!?!} have given up, lets call them dumb goals, Ange hasn't thrown them under the bus as he knows it's not their fault for playing how he wants them to play" B-D

Talks about how he finds it an admirable quality for backing his keepers for conceding dumb goals.

<Don't Check my hard drive> is directly challenged on concerns about Ange's apparently inability to organise a defence and responds, seriously, with "I promise you that nobody has had more fun than Marianos fans. Winning is fun but this is a great chance for Celtic fans to discover different joys" <pucker, pucker, face rub, pucker> B-D

If all that is a fair representation of Ange and his philosophy, then we can look forward to ground-breaking carnage.
The ground being Parkhead.

<Don't Check my hard drive> talks about how Ange's team recently lost to a 4th tier Japanese team as an example of how competitive Japanese football is. B-D

<Don't Check my hard drive> states that Ange has never been in a two horse race and that he has been in regular 7-8 horse races (as if that is relevant). Both guys visibly wince.

Mentions that Ange's team conceded 54 goals in a season then says "Don't worry about the defence, it will work itself out" B-D

Justifies this bombshell by pointing out that his team's goalkeepers know how to run and says "when they {plural!?!} have given up, lets call them dumb goals, Ange hasn't thrown them under the bus as he knows it's not their fault for playing how he wants them to play" B-D

Come October, Steve Clarke will be in charge, this has clusterf.uck written all over it.

Someone posted this week about something to do with this, name escapes me, but it's all about parent owners of the overall "franchise". Fu.ck knows if true or not, but when you stand back and look at it without blue tinted glasses, this is a shambolic appointment.

Am I right in they’ve only signed one defender and no goal keepers? They need about 6 bodies in just for the back alone.
Good point

When Ange came in it was commonly felt they needed:
1-2 keepers
1-2 right backs
3-4 CBs (assuming Ajer left, which he did)
A first choice left back

All they've managed so far is one CB to replace Ajer

You can see the upshot of that today

Come October, Steve Clarke will be in charge, this has clusterf.uck written all over it.

Someone posted this week about something to do with this, name escapes me, but it's all about parent owners of the overall "franchise". Fu.ck knows if true or not, but when you stand back and look at it without blue tinted glasses, this is a shambolic appointment.
It will only be a shambolic appointment if we do our business and go about it properly.

Of course when you have the 'we deserved the three points' bampottery from midweek, you do actually wonder if this is some pisstake to lull us all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back