Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they buying in so many "Foreign" players ?

As we have found it can take at least a full season for players to "Get" Scottish Football, on top of the win every game pressure.

By the time these guys "settle" there will be a new manager in place with all the madness that brings to a squad.

They are like a drowning man grabbing out at anything that might keep them afloat

Keeping up the new club stuff must absolutely drain the life out of them :))

Their main supporters groups put out a joint statement / priority list to their new CEO a couple of months back with one of the main priorities being addressing new / old club status and the “continuation myth” with the authorities as they called it.

If it was all a big laugh to them as they make out then they really wouldn’t need to go to such lengths to try and make their case. The fact that they have done tells you that they must feel utterly defeated by it.

It eats away at them every single day that the same old Rangers that’s haunted them all their days just won their 55th title and stopped their fabled 10.
2012 has warped us. No way he’s typed that with a straight face.

“Batshampoo”

Fucking hell.

As we have found it can take at least a full season for players to "Get" Scottish Football, on top of the win every game pressure.

By the time these guys "settle" there will be a new manager in place with all the madness that brings to a squad.

They are like a drowning man grabbing out at anything that might keep them afloat

They don't have a clue what they're doing, their team has no identity & they're just signing players from all over the world for fees because they think if you spend money that must automatically make them good.

It's the way it is. Scottish players aren't seen to be good enough. We only have Mcgregor, Jack as first team regulars.

Looks like the Buta deal will be confirmed for 3.5m euros. Seems like a very attacking full back that is not strong defensively, this seasons Laxalt?
Did Laxalt manage a single assist all season in the end? Could barely put in a decent cross.

I know he couldn’t defend, but don’t think he could attack either. Great 10km time though.

Did Laxalt manage a single assist all season in the end? Could barely put in a decent cross.

I know he couldn’t defend, but don’t think he could attack either. Great 10km time though.
He was an attacking full back but more in the sense that he would run forward a lot, he had absolutely zero end product

Who is next? The goalie Roofe lobbed from his own half?
Or some guy from St. Joseph’s?
Dearly me, is Dom short for Dominated? because that’s what’s about to happen to him and his.
Decent keeper that boy so hopefully not!
I want Barkas for that first game, he will soil himself

Reactions: TQ3
The whole situation over there is fascinating, I'll be honest, and I'll take heat for this, but I think under certain circumstances Postecoglou's style of play could work well in Scotland and if it was pre-Gerrard I think it's an appointment that would make sense for them.

If they were far ahead of everyone else in Scotland, then a manager who will go for an all-out attack would probably be good enough to deal with the defensive calamities that will happen with that style. And the inverted fullback makes sense as it'll likely leave their attacking wide players one on one with the opposition fullbacks and given them numerical supremacy in the middle but they've not even gave him a decent chance of being successful looking from the outside.

They're going into CL qualifiers with the worst defense I can remember them having, and it's one thing saying it's a free hit for Postecoglou as it's not his team yet but defeats are remembered and discontent grows regardless of how little time you've been in the door.

I totally get why he wants a ball playing keeper, and I made the argument that we should be playing McLaughlin rather than McGregor but Barkas is so bad that the last thing you want is him being exposed - his position for 2nd West Ham goal was as bad as I've ever seen.

The Israeli looks dangerous and Batu will improve them but they have so many players that need replaced it's not going to click overnight. If given time and players then they'll end up challenging us as the rest of teams in Scotland aren't good enough but I don't see how he gets through the season.

That said, as comical as it is just now I think we should be expecting them to give us a challenge.

The whole situation over there is fascinating, I'll be honest, and I'll take heat for this, but I think under certain circumstances Postecoglou's style of play could work well in Scotland and if it was pre-Gerrard I think it's an appointment that would make sense for them.

If they were far ahead of everyone else in Scotland, then a manager who will go for an all-out attack would probably be good enough to deal with the defensive calamities that will happen with that style. And the inverted fullback makes sense as it'll likely leave their attacking wide players one on one with the opposition fullbacks and given them numerical supremacy in the middle but they've not even gave him a decent chance of being successful looking from the outside.

They're going into CL qualifiers with the worst defense I can remember them having, and it's one thing saying it's a free hit for Postecoglou as it's not his team yet but defeats are remembered and discontent grows regardless of how little time you've been in the door.

I totally get why he wants a ball playing keeper, and I made the argument that we should be playing McLaughlin rather than McGregor but Barkas is so bad that the last thing you want is him being exposed - his position for 2nd West Ham goal was as bad as I've ever seen.

The Israeli looks dangerous and Batu will improve them but they have so many players that need replaced it's not going to click overnight. If given time and players then they'll end up challenging us as the rest of teams in Scotland aren't good enough but I don't see how he gets through the season.

That said, as comical as it is just now I think we should be expecting them to give us a challenge.

from their squad at the end of last season they lost

Kenny, Laxalt, Duffy, Ajer
Jullien is out for months
They let Hendry be sold before he came back into the squad

They've signed Starfelt & kid from Sheff Wed
for a defence that was a riot at best
4 out - 2 in

they have 2 LB who range from poor to awful
they have 1 RB in the utter donkey Ralston

their current CB options are an isolting Starfelt, Sheff Wed kid who has barely played first team football, Welsh who is poor & Murray who appears to be there to make Welsh look better

baffling

Oh dear

Glenkid1982

29 min. ago#7746
With buta and abada we will rip apart SPL left sided players. Now for a goalkeeper left back and striker and another Ch

They think buying players and putting them on the park makes a good side.

It takes months if not a season or 2 to be able to create a culture, style and cohesion.

I'm not saying they won't improve but the chances of throwing these players together and expecting a Brendan Rodgers Celtic is farcical.

They think buying players and putting them on the park makes a good side.

It takes months if not a season or 2 to be able to create a culture, style and cohesion.

I'm not saying they won't improve but the chances of throwing these players together and expecting a Brendan Rodgers Celtic is farcical.
For me it doesn't matter who they buy we have a much better squad, they are sending out offers for every kunt and just waiting on anyone to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back