Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent going forward but poor defensively.

So again their high press gung ho tactics lead them to signing players, that if they don't win the ball in the opposition half they will be wide open to even the most defensive Scottish sides. Bliss

*Should they win games I hope it's comfortable, and sets them up for a mighty fall if they actually think this system and Ange Cellulite will be a success

The whole situation over there is fascinating, I'll be honest, and I'll take heat for this, but I think under certain circumstances Postecoglou's style of play could work well in Scotland and if it was pre-Gerrard I think it's an appointment that would make sense for them.

If they were far ahead of everyone else in Scotland, then a manager who will go for an all-out attack would probably be good enough to deal with the defensive calamities that will happen with that style. And the inverted fullback makes sense as it'll likely leave their attacking wide players one on one with the opposition fullbacks and given them numerical supremacy in the middle but they've not even gave him a decent chance of being successful looking from the outside.

They're going into CL qualifiers with the worst defense I can remember them having, and it's one thing saying it's a free hit for Postecoglou as it's not his team yet but defeats are remembered and discontent grows regardless of how little time you've been in the door.

I totally get why he wants a ball playing keeper, and I made the argument that we should be playing McLaughlin rather than McGregor but Barkas is so bad that the last thing you want is him being exposed - his position for 2nd West Ham goal was as bad as I've ever seen.

The Israeli looks dangerous and Batu will improve them but they have so many players that need replaced it's not going to click overnight. If given time and players then they'll end up challenging us as the rest of teams in Scotland aren't good enough but I don't see how he gets through the season.

That said, as comical as it is just now I think we should be expecting them to give us a challenge.
They will still probably lose Edouard and Christie

If christie is allegedly out of contract in january then it is a bit odd he hasn't been snapped up given his superstar ability according to the trash press ?

IF, and i do mean IF, any serious club are interested in this guy then why wait ? - get the deal done now for Free, have a player on the books for the January window and then hope to negotiate an early release ???

Oddward is holding out for the club his ego believes wants him - NO-ONE is desperate for a guy who has been up for sale the last three windows.

Oh dear

Glenkid1982

29 min. ago#7746
With buta and abada we will rip apart SPL left sided players. Now for a goalkeeper left back and striker and another Ch
Did he miss Kent ripping the pish out of buta a few months ago. Same guy in work who i reminded him about then just stopped talking about this signing. Mind that time they said royal Antwerp were a pub team? Suddenly a few months later they are not. Typical Tim logic

Who is next? The goalie Roofe lobbed from his own half?
Or some guy from St. Joseph’s?
Dearly me, is Dom short for Dominated? because that’s what’s about to happen to him and his.

Got to feel sorry for Dom.

He joined Celtic as Chief Executive and suddenly became a Director of 4 companies all registered at Celtic Park on Companies House.

He might not have enough time to focus on the football.

Country Mac

May 21#2721
I'd want £40 million for Turnbull.

Is he worth that right now? Of course not. But the only way it's in any way an option is if we are front-loaded the extremely high end of what we might one day get for him, probably with the eventual sell-on fee added in plus change. Otherwise it's just not worth making an already massive rebuild that much more difficult for ourselves.

This will now be the third signing straight into their starting line up that is small and lightweight. We are going to dominate them physically

Country Mac

May 21#2721

Is he worth that right now? Of course not. But the only way it's in any way an option is if we are front-loaded the extremely high end of what we might one day get for him, probably with the eventual sell-on fee added in plus change. Otherwise it's just not worth making an already massive rebuild that much more difficult for ourselves.
Imagine what he'd be worth if he could play more than 71 minutes?

Country Mac

May 21#2721

imagine what he'd be worth if he could finish a 90mins

0894cef526c09d0a48dc319b7f363cdce3b4400a40f9700207f7d6ea6808d7f3.jpg

Got to feel sorry for Dom.

He joined Celtic as Chief Executive and suddenly became a Director of 4 companies all registered at Celtic Park on Companies House.

He might not have enough time to focus on the football.
He is out of his depth, me thinks.
From rugby, where the fans mix and drink together no matter who they play, to the cesspit where unless you have a photo of thé pape, and a painting of Merry in every room, yer no welcome. And where every deluded idiot thinks they know your job better than you, so proceed to tell you what you have to do to become a deluded idiot, every time you walk out the door in your blue suit.
He hasn’t a chance, and that’s before he realises that knowing their history, means he has to defend the indefensible, and deal with the aftermath of the court cases.
I think Dom has already got a nickname in the boardroom, and that is Dumb or Pat ( short for Patsy.)

This will now be the third signing straight into their starting line up that is small and lightweight. We are going to dominate them physically

Thats one of the role reversals.

We have guys now that are bulky and stocky, whereas we had Holt, Mckay, and other light guys before.

Now that's what they have.

Country Mac

May 21#2721

His market value going by tranfermarket is currently 4.5m nut this nugget would turn down 30 for him. They wouldn't turn down 10 for him!!!

Big flange apparently just said the Griffiths can win the fans over fairly quickly. I have no doubt their beast apologist majority will be fighting his corner.

New here or not he should not be getting away with comments like that. Griffiths was exchanging messages with a minor and Postecoglu’s public comments since that incident have been a disgrace.

New here or not he should not be getting away with comments like that. Griffiths was exchanging messages with a minor and Postecoglu’s public comments since that incident have been a disgrace.
Morals and law on that is pretty much the same in both countries. Ange said a couple of weeks ago he’ll play players if he’s told they’re available to him. I suspect Dom with his background is open to employing predators and Ange is a shitebag yes man being told to play him.

Its quite clear that no matter who Ange signs for defence that he has now clue how to build one, if he did there would be signs already that he knew how to make his team solid and hard to break down, that isn’t all going to change after signing a few defenders and hoping it works.

Country Mac

May 21#2721

What planet are they on? :))

Oh dear

Glenkid1982

29 min. ago#7746
With buta and abada we will rip apart SPL left sided players. Now for a goalkeeper left back and striker and another Ch
Based on what exactly

Getting the Laxalt turd polishing maximum use early doors again

They may be ok signings, but you think they'd learn to wait and see before anointing them superstars after the "best transfer window ever" last summer

Country Mac

May 21#2721

Were they not admitting in preseason there he's a show pony who flatters to deceive. A couple of nice set pieces maybe, but doesn't do enough.

They will improve on last season but dont have the physical players or seasoned pros we have. I think we will bully them, especially in midfield.
Yet to be seen
Unknown manager
Same coaching staff
Same goalies
Worse defence
Worse midfield depth
Worse striking options

People need to stop saying they will be better as if it is an undeniable fact until the window closes

Country Mac
May 21#2721

Newspapers tomorrow,
“Real and Barca circle as it’s revealed Turnbull is available for only £40m”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back