Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they have to do, to stop some of their pain is ..........not to watch us. Their that thick that hasn't even occurred to them. I only watch them when their playing us or I know their getting beat, don't watch every game of theirs. Also as they know all the ins and outs of our players, finances and anything Rangers, having them on a quiz team might be good for them, at least that way they can use their knowledge of us to good use. B-D

The hypocrisy from that lot is amazing they were more than happy to win on a technicality (twice) after being hammered 6-1 & 3-1 in Europe respectively.

I didn't see any "morality" from them when their wee sneaky lawyers overturned a 6-1 drubbing just cause a player came on for the last two and a half minutes of tie that was already over.

They might say they worked within the laws of the game well so did Rangers if that's the case.
Morality?ask them about Phil O^Donnell

All they have to do, to stop some of their pain is ..........not to watch us. Their that thick that hasn't even occurred to them. I only watch them when their playing us or I know their getting beat, don't watch every game of theirs. Also as they know all the ins and outs of our players, finances and anything Rangers, having them on a quiz team might be good for them, at least that way they can use their knowledge of us to good use. B-D
It would mean having to spend time with them. I’m out.

They haven't played a decent team in Europe

Where do you start with these comments.

By confronting them with facts.......

- Fc Midtjylland Champions of Denmark and finished 10 points ahead FC Copenhagen who beat them 4-2.

- Galatasaray top of the Turkish league right now.

- Porto ranked 15th in Europe and just beat Juventus last week.

- Young boys just beat Bayer Leverkusen in Germany

- Benfica came within 3 minutes from putting Arsenal out last night/4th biggest spenders in world football last season.

- Standard Liège/Royal Antwerp both from a top 10 ranked league.

- Willem II defeated Ajax (away) & PSV in the league last season.

- Villarreal from a top ranked league.

- NK Maribor beat Lennon's yahoo side with Virgil Van Dijk playing.

We've beaten all these sides outright or in the head to heads over the last 3 seasons apart from Young Boys.

Last edited:
This fantasy comes from a macgiollabhain blog post which - it will come as no great surprise - appears to be entirely made up.

The bold boy is asserting that his "source," "Shirebrook Guy" (I know, I know), who he states is in a position to "knows this stuff" has confirmed that the SDIR v Rangers case will be probably be heard in March and that damages of about £15.5m + expenses of £2m are being looked for by SDIR.

I think we can say with almost complete certainty that either macgiollabhain or the supposed source are lying about this.

The case won't be heard in March. That's because we know from the decision on 27th January that both sides were given 7 weeks from that date to lodge legal submissions about whether there should be evidence relating to the effects of Scots Law on the contract. That takes us to 17th March for the submissions to be lodged, and then whatever time after that for the Judge to issue his decision on it. There's no way the proof in the case will be proceeding until that's sorted out (and any decision will be months after the hearing anyway.)

That's quite apart from the fact that both sides were also ordered to produce certain documents on the 27th of January, and will likely need to revise their cases once they have them.

The figures macgiollabhain quotes seem complete nonsense too. Leaving aside the question of the damages cap (despite what macgiollabhain says, that remains a live issue in the case), and that we have a counter-claim, and assuming everything falls SDIR's way, these figures still seem extreme.

In the earlier court case SDIR conceded that the damages matter was limited to damages for loss of the benefit of the contracts for the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 seasons. Damages would be the loss of profit (after tax) for these seasons.

So to make these figures correct SDIR would have to establish that their profit after tax on the contract would have been about £7.5m each season - not likely I'd suggest and nowhere near borne out by the figures we know from the earlier RRL contract.

macgiollabhain knows what his readership

get the bbc to install a bouncy water obstacle course under and they can film Wipeout on the cheap
I have images in my head of a game from years ago "lemmings"

It won’t happen but if we genuinely did win this tournament the meltdown would be absolutely biblical.
I'm thrilled we've gone so far again, I'll be ecstatic if we get a good draw and get to the quarters. 99.99% of us know we aren't winning it but the fear that this shits team might just do that is hilarious. We're either shite or not you brain dead wankers. Shite teams aren't gonna with the europa these days!

Bricking it, look how much effort this turd puts in :D

CM22

Getting noticed in the reserves

1 minute ago#108306
My thoughts on opponents that Rangers can draw, from hardest to most favourable:

1) Man United – Even a rotated United team should have far too much for them. The further the big teams get in the Europa the more serious they take it.

2) Arsenal – Very hit and miss but Arteta’s only hope of gaining entry into the CL and playing his best side.

3) Ajax – In brilliant form and going all out to win it with a good cushion in the League. No Sebastian Haller though, their main striker after an admin error left him out of their squad and Onana, their GK is suspended for a year due to a drugs ban but even so they have a great squad of attacking players.

4) Spurs – A side I don’t hugely rate and think Jose has regressed them, but similar to Arsenal, their only realistic chance of CL football by winning it so will be going all out.
5) Villarreal – Going well in La Liga, although have hit a dip. Good team that strengthened over the summer and have experience of playing them. Beat a very good Salzburg team over two legs.

6) Roma – Playing very well in the EL. Very inconsistent in Serie A but will be a hard team to play.

7) Milan – A team I don’t rate to be honest. Needed penalties to get in against Rio Ave. Punched unbelievably above their weight early in Serie A mainly thanks to the genius of Zlatan. I expect them to fall away in Serie A and will likely go with a second string again in the EL so on paper looks a very hard draw but in theory not as bad as you would think. We even managed to go 2-0 up in the San Siro at the peak of our crisis and were actually good value for it at the time.

8) Skakhtar – Beat Real Madrid home and away in the CL and EL Semi Finalists. Seasoned pros and a very hard draw.

9) Granada – Knocked out Napoli and were going very well for the first third of the La Liga season. Seconds away from Knocking Barca out of the Copa Del Rey as well and will be going all out to win this.

10) Slavia Prague – A very good side. Draws away at Barca and Inter in last seasons CL Groups and a good win over Leicester. Tough draw.

11) Olympiacos – The Greek league all but won so will try and go on another run in this after beating Arsenal in the last 32 last year and PSV his year.
12) Dinamo Zagreb – technically a very good attacking side who are seasoned regulars at European level and in recent seasons have been flying. Only conceded one goal in the group stage, topping a group with Feyenoord and CSKA Moscow and a good home and away win over Krasnodar.

13) Young Boys – Flying in the Swiss league and with their star striker back from missing both legs v Leverkusen. Took four points off them last year and seem to have improved with a brilliant home and away win v Leverkusen.

14) Dynamo Kiev – Poor side if you ask me and I’ve watched them a few times. I reckon they will win here. Came third in their CL group as only narrowly beat Ferencvaros on aggregate. Beat an absolutely Covid decimated Club Brugge in the last 32, otherwise it would have been a very straight forward Brugge win. Lucescu has made them hard to beat in terms of quality, quite low.

15) Molde – Finished second by a distance in Norway and had to come through their EL Group with Rapid Vienna and Dundalk, so not exactly stiff competition. Absolutely battered by Hoffenheim, but a deflected goal and a goal with the last kick got them through. Handy enough draw

CM22

1 minute ago#108306
My thoughts on opponents that Rangers can draw, from hardest to most favourable:

1) Man United – Even a rotated United team should have far too much for them. The further the big teams get in the Europa the more serious they take it.

2) Arsenal – Very hit and miss but Arteta’s only hope of gaining entry into the CL and playing his best side.

3) Ajax – In brilliant form and going all out to win it with a good cushion in the League. No Sebastian Haller though, their main striker after an admin error left him out of their squad and Onana, their GK is suspended for a year due to a drugs ban but even so they have a great squad of attacking players.

4) Spurs – A side I don’t hugely rate and think Jose has regressed them, but similar to Arsenal, their only realistic chance of CL football by winning it so will be going all out.
5) Villarreal – Going well in La Liga, although have hit a dip. Good team that strengthened over the summer and have experience of playing them. Beat a very good Salzburg team over two legs.

6) Roma – Playing very well in the EL. Very inconsistent in Serie A but will be a hard team to play.

7) Milan – A team I don’t rate to be honest. Needed penalties to get in against Rio Ave. Punched unbelievably above their weight early in Serie A mainly thanks to the genius of Zlatan. I expect them to fall away in Serie A and will likely go with a second string again in the EL so on paper looks a very hard draw but in theory not as bad as you would think. We even managed to go 2-0 up in the San Siro at the peak of our crisis and were actually good value for it at the time.

8) Skakhtar – Beat Real Madrid home and away in the CL and EL Semi Finalists. Seasoned pros and a very hard draw.

9) Granada – Knocked out Napoli and were going very well for the first third of the La Liga season. Seconds away from Knocking Barca out of the Copa Del Rey as well and will be going all out to win this.

10) Slavia Prague – A very good side. Draws away at Barca and Inter in last seasons CL Groups and a good win over Leicester. Tough draw.

11) Olympiacos – The Greek league all but won so will try and go on another run in this after beating Arsenal in the last 32 last year and PSV his year.
12) Dinamo Zagreb – technically a very good attacking side who are seasoned regulars at European level and in recent seasons have been flying. Only conceded one goal in the group stage, topping a group with Feyenoord and CSKA Moscow and a good home and away win over Krasnodar.

13) Young Boys – Flying in the Swiss league and with their star striker back from missing both legs v Leverkusen. Took four points off them last year and seem to have improved with a brilliant home and away win v Leverkusen.

14) Dynamo Kiev – Poor side if you ask me and I’ve watched them a few times. I reckon they will win here. Came third in their CL group as only narrowly beat Ferencvaros on aggregate. Beat an absolutely Covid decimated Club Brugge in the last 32, otherwise it would have been a very straight forward Brugge win. Lucescu has made them hard to beat in terms of quality, quite low.

15) Molde – Finished second by a distance in Norway and had to come through their EL Group with Rapid Vienna and Dundalk, so not exactly stiff competition. Absolutely battered by Hoffenheim, but a deflected goal and a goal with the last kick got them through. Handy enough draw

%^*& me. Obsessed much.

By confronting them with facts.......

- Fc Midtjylland Champions of Denmark and finished 10 points ahead FC Copenhagen who beat them 4-2.

- Galatasaray top of the Turkish league right now.

- Porto ranked 15th in Europe and just beat Juventus last week.

- Young boys just beat Bayer Leverkusen in Germany

- Benfica came within 3 minutes from putting Arsenal out last night/4th biggest spenders in world football last season.

- Standard Liège/Royal Antwerp both from a top 10 ranked league.

- Willem II defeated Ajax (away) & PSV in the league last season.

- Villarreal from a top ranked league.

- NK Maribor beat Lennon's yahoo side with Virgil Van Dijk playing.

We've beaten all these sides outright or in the head to heads over the last 3 seasons apart from Young Boys.

But...but.. Lazio!!

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Funny how much he rates Shaktar but not Kiev. Wonder who is top of the Ukrainian league btw?

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

16) Rangers - Running away with the Scottish premiership undefeated, 18 points clear and on course to win the league at their arch rivals ground in a few weeks, also undefeated in Europe this season too having played 11 games. Only defeat this season came from a last minute winner in a league Cup game.

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Jesus fûcking Christo_O

It’s February, and the only remaining excitement they have for the season is looking at who our potential Europa League opponents are.

We have absolutely broken them. They have been reduced to rubble.

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Someone should thank him for that...saves me from trolling through the clubs we may face.

latest re-tweet by Kerryfail

Not even 1 game postponed for the COVID breach... Didn’t we get 2 games postponed for a trip the government & SFA agreed to

The players involved not missing 1 game n just over a week later are scoring in Europe

Perfect example of - if you didn't obsess on our team, you'd maybe get the facts right for your own team
B-D

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Thanks for the effort you poet loser. Hopefully we get Molde.

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Haha. Reminds me of our 2008 season where we got to the final. I recall them getting worse and worse and one of them who claimed he was a teacher claiming he was in tears and physically sick at the thought of us winning in the semi. :D

Imagine being that devoted to Rangers results and opponents!

I don't know why they are even that worried. James Forrest was injured for a bit which surely casts a shadow over the Europa League as a whole... ;)

latest re-tweet by Kerryfail

Not even 1 game postponed for the COVID breach... Didn’t we get 2 games postponed for a trip the government & SFA agreed to

The players involved not missing 1 game n just over a week later are scoring in Europe

Lmao. They don't even have a clue what Celtic are doing, when they are playing, and what games got skipped. Yet they know exactly what's happening at Rangers.

Confirms again, if it ever needed it, that many of them aren't Celtic fans but just obsessed with Rangers.

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

If we weren't even in a competition would you do a detailed breakdown of all their potential opponents in an upcoming draw.

Obsession. For tims

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

You just know that if we can get through this tie, the edit button will get smashed on that post to change point 10 to something like

“Affected by Covid the most out of any team in the draw, not to mention the secret mitigating circumstances meaning this will be the easiest draw possible”.

CM22

1 minute ago#108306

Jesus Christ...

If the roles were reversed and we were contemplating who the scum might have drawn then my post would've been along the lines of

"I don't care who they get, but I hope they get royally pumped home and away". The end.

Apparently UEFA have leaked to the bookies that their bent refs are gonna let us win the whole thing

"Can't quite get my head around the odds for winning the thing, Slavia knock Leicester out so i would assume they are at least half decent, yet they are 66/1 and the other mob 16/1, do the bookies know something we don't?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back