Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they have left now is reminiscing over Diouf and Bougie, wish i was a lurker and could post this

_52126276_gersplayers466.jpg
The greatest picture of all time.

How many comfort blankets do one support need? :)). That thread about “playing football the Glasgow Celtic way” is comedy gold. Playing football “the Glasgow Celtic way” has led to them not winning a European knockout tie since 2004 and being back to square one after having a four year free run at titles and champions league money. I’ll settle for playing football the Rangers way. B-)

How many comfort blankets do one support need? :)). That thread about “playing football the Glasgow Celtic way” is comedy gold. Playing football “the Glasgow Celtic way” has led to them not winning a European knockout tie since 2004 and being back to square one after having a four year free run at titles and champions league money. I’ll settle for playing football the Rangers way. B-)
Lumping the ball forward, and kicking everything under wibble, barnes and Dalglish utter shite, mowbray utter shite. Rogers decent enough against shite. Complete myth.

This whole "no fans in attendance is helping us but hindering them" and "not a real league title" because of no crowds stuff is nonsense.

In my opinion, this has been the purest test of "best team wins" football that we have ever seen, or likely to see.

No 50 or 60k advantages for the old firm this season. No baying crowds at pittodrie or easter rd to try and pressurise officials.

This season has just been about 2 teams taking to the field, with no distractions in the stands, and going at it, with the best team coming out on top.

If they believe that their players cannot play, without a huge crowd in the stands, then that just proves even more that they are not in the same league as us footballing wise, this season.
Over there there would have been pitch invasion, fisticuffs and genuine carnage. The league table never lies. they have to learn to suck it up. They're pish and they know they are

Just thinking about and gazing at Rangers like they always have. Just like they have for 9 years when they should’ve been trying to advance in Europe but were happy just to get one over the Rangers. What a sickener that must be. Absolutely nothing to show for it.
They wish they were us. We will never forget this season. If they are honest with themselves,the Rangerless leagues will be an empty footnote and it says something about them going all teary-eyed about the Ronny years. The have spunked the last decade and the world knows it

Last edited:
I have almost every top, if we’re losing or drawing at half time I’ll change whatever one I’m wearing and put on the 87-90 home top! Every time we’ve went on to win the game.
i had the new retro kit on for the Antwerp game 1-1 at HT, raging, I dug out old faithful....the rest is history lol.

Was 2-1 at HT but your point still stands :D

Super AllyB-D
After lennons obvious racism towards Diouf I wouldn’t be surprised. An absolute poison in this country. It’s been so satisfying watching the hordes abuse him and affect his mental health more than anybody else in the country has. Surrounding the stadium hoping to hit him with bricks, fences or a shark and chase them out the car Park. A glorious ending which I don’t think any of us could’ve written.

"The Sellic Way"
Pile of shite.
We've heard for years how they need to play 'ra sellic way.
Another myth is "TCW" in Europe.
We were and still are lambasted for the so-called anti-football thing vs Barca. But here's the truth.
2007-8 Champions League we both played Barcelona. We lost 2-0 on "aggregate", draw 1 and lost 1 in the group.
Timmy lost 4-2 in the knock out, losing 3-2 at The Knew and 1-0 at The Nou.
Here's a chart of both games at Nou.
What happened to the mythical Sellic way? Both teams seemed to have played very similar defensive games away in Europe. One team kicked Barca off the park.
The top image/graph shows their attacking dynamics in their 2-1 defeat at Nou in 2012.
It's a myth and happily peddled by the media and desperate Timmys every time history slips through their fingers.
2012 game at the top, stats for both 2007-8 games at the bottom.
DPfKwth.jpg

"The Sellic Way"
Pile of shite.
We were and still are lambasted for the so-called anti-football thing vs Barca. But here's the truth.
2007-8 Champions League we both played Barcelona. We lost 2-0 on "aggregate", draw 1 and lost 1 in the group.
What happened to the mythical Sellic way? Both teams seemed to have played very similar defensive games away in Europe. One team kicked Barca off the park.
The top image/graph shows their attacking dynamics in their 2-1 defeat at Nou in 2012.
It's a myth and happily peddled by the media and desperate Timmys every time history slips through their fingers.
DPfKwth.jpg
There's those dam pesky facts that Celtic and Scottish media don't like dealing in

Great post mate

"The Sellic Way"
Pile of shite.
DPfKwth.jpg
Cracking post Edweird, shows them up for the fantasists they are.

I recall the self proclaimed GFITW had about 60 of their number arrested in Barcelona in 2008. Yet not one single Bear was arrested earlier that season. Doesn’t quite fit the narrative

I admit to having a look at their Sevco thread recently and they are a weird delusional bunch.Incredibly they think the BBC,SFA and the Refs are all against them and that's before you get to the worldwide Masonic conspiracies.There is one guy who clearly spends a lot of time composing posts which he thinks are smart and witty and you see a few of them gushing over him.I n reality he comes over as a total fanny.
Its not an experience I would recommend as the mixture of thick priks and the ones who think they are pseudo intellectuals make you feel queezys after a couple of minutes.

I love how they're trying so hard to put across the "don't care, we won the quadruple treble" narrative. This season has been a death from 1000 cuts for them. It's prolonged and their sanity is dwindling day by day.
I spoke to one of them recently. He said “I’m just glad we beat hearts and got that quad treble, that’ll never happen again”. 5 minutes later as I’m gushing over us stopping ten he says, “I don’t pay much attention to the football now anyway”.

I think I speak for all bears when I say that them getting ten would’ve been tremendously more heartbreaking and sickening than their trebles were.

"The Sellic Way"
Pile of shite.
DPfKwth.jpg
Somehow, I get he impression that you are your Avatar - keep up the good work.

Good post.

I spoke to one of them recently. He said “I’m just glad we beat hearts and got that quad treble, that’ll never happen again”. 5 minutes later as I’m gushing over us stopping ten he says, “I don’t pay much attention to the football now anyway”.

I think I speak for all bears when I say that them getting ten would’ve been tremendously more heartbreaking and sickening than their trebles were.

We didn't stop 10, we won #55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back