Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
“One thing I found unpleasant was he kept referring to sevco as noisy neighbours”

Is he upset that their new CEO isn’t a full blown sevco howling lunatic.

No manager, no director of football, no keeper, no full backs, no centreback partnership you would want, no real midfield and no strike force when the stroppy frog leaves.

But my biggest concern is he doesn’t use a childish name to refer to the Champions.
Wait till he mutters Old Firm. The sharks will be flying

“One thing I found unpleasant was he kept referring to sevco as noisy neighbours”

No manager, no director of football, no keeper, no full backs, no centreback partnership you would want, no real midfield and no strike force when the stroppy frog leaves.

But my biggest concern is he doesn’t use a childish name to refer to the Champions.
That’s how their board will play them for a long time yet. Just do what you want as long as you say stuff about sevco.

Listen to this fruitloop on Clyde. From barking about ten for years, to scrapping the bottom of the barrel, clutching at straws pish. Get well soon Mark!

One thing that struck me is that they need to shift 53,000 season tickets or recruitment will be affected. That not only suggests money is tight but they can’t start buying until they know how much they have to play with.
That seems to be what many of them are taking from it. They need to spend a lot of money but don’t really know how much they’ll have, between non-renewers and other pressures on income streams. Many are demanding refunds and “added value” which they were promised and are basically being told to bolt. I suspect the promised added value was delivery of 10. Their board never even considered that they might have to add value in another way because they took it for granted.

The narrative is and has been for some time "Never mind lads, we used to be great, these things happen, this season doesnt really count anyway. We move on".

All fine an dandy, aside from:-

Having your best players desperate to leave

A new manager pending who'll want to sign a lot of new players at huge cost

Facing massive losses on assets after making a pigs ear of your transfer market strategy

Plus all that aside, a squad that has been embarrassed all year, particularly in Europe and no moreso vs Rangers, meaning you'll need to heavily invest money you dont have, whatever happens.

Doing simple Maths with the number of players left and leaving they really need to buy at least 7 or 8 players. Virtually impossible in 1 window.

Now we have disgruntled grunts not wanting to buy season tickets, a Club shop forced to close in case someone sticks a V sign up as they walk past and merch at 86% off and counting.

Wont someone please think of the biscuit tin?!?!

The narrative is and has been for some time "Never mind lads, we used to be great, these things happen, this season doesnt really count anyway. We move on".

Facing massive losses on assets after making a pigs ear of your transfer market strategy

Plus all that aside, a squad that has been embarrassed all year, particularly in Europe and no moreso vs Rangers, meaning you'll need to heavily invest money you dont have, whatever happens.

Doing simple Maths with the number of players left and leaving they really need to buy at least 7 or 8 players. Virtually impossible in 1 window.

Now we have disgruntled grunts not wanting to buy season tickets, a Club shop forced to close in case someone sticks a V sign up as they walk past and merch at 86% off and counting.

all spot on, but you missed the point that when they say the "never mind lads/we move on" part, inside they are screaming and crying with rage that the title they sang about for 10 years is sitting in OUR trophy cabinet.

I would suggest 7 to 8 players is incredibly kind.

Ajer, Penoard, Ntcham and Christie are down to their last year with the first 3 strongly expected to leave.

Laxalt, Duffy, Kenny and Elynousi are on loan and will all go back to their parent clubs.

Thats 7 to 8 players just to get back to the dross level of this season. Never mind if anyone else leaves. And the fact the fans will demand improvement.

A new first choice keeper (if not his back up too) will be demanded.

Julien is expected to be out until around Nov at least. If Ajer goes, as expected, they need a minimum of 3 centre backs really.

Already we're into about 11-12 players and i've not even got beyond defence.

Last edited:

Noisy neighbors?

That’s no way to speak to your elders, and betters.

today is the day it seems.

Aidybhoy

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

3 minutes ago#7979
Don't profess to be in the know and my contact at CP isn't really known for giving me scoops but messaged a short time ago to say the Howe announcement is today and season ticket details on Monday. Don't shoot the messenger. Also don't know any more than this.
Lets see

From KDS Green beggars

This is the end of my active participation as a supporter Celtic football club - illegal streams, fake strips and BBC live updates from here on in. I haven't put money into the club for over a year, and won't again. When things get back to normal it will be a lot easier to go and buy a ticket at my local club and stop kidding myself that I am supporting an organisation that reflects my beliefs, or that is the same club my grandfather supported, or that is providing entertainment on the park that is value for money. Celtic want blind loyalty - it's not for me in any walk of life.

They really are a different breed

CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?????

The way read it, he was concerned because he did use a childish name.
Anyway - very pleasant reading

glorious

aldo
15K3,592

Off treasure hunting in Holland

10 minutes ago#564
Theflyingcolumn wrote:
7:26 AM - Today
The club is in a very poor way at the minute, and the board should resign because of their gross mismanagement. We have went from being comfortable and dominant, to needing an entire overhaul of the playing squad and management with cash reserves depleted. Fan engagement at an all time low. The people in charge have to be held accountable. Their days of riding the gravy train should be over. This season has exposed them for the lazy, greedy charlatans they are. They are ripping the heart and soul out of Celtic, but doing it in a way that is costing the club millions and setting us back years
Totally, but they only way to make them accountable and force them into resignation is to deprive them of revenue, it's the only language they understand, but that just isn't going to happen. There are just too many in the Celtic support who wouldn't be able to get their heads around not going to games, it's what they do and is what they've always done, even when they know, deep down, the Board are taking the piss; that they are treated like sht.

Other forms of organised protest might help, things that don't necessarily need 100% supporter buy-in, things the media couldn't fail to see and report, like permanent displays in the environs of the stadium, wildcat actions mid-match, bushwhacking Desmond on the golf course. Then again, we have seen how they reacted to the spontaneous protest last year.
I've never felt more disconnected from Celtic. I fell out of love with football in general and Scottish football in particular the aftermath of 2012 and the cover up of what should be recognised as the biggest corruption scandal in British sporting history. I'm not interested in the welfare of Scottish football, with it's rotten officialdom, cheating match officials, anti-football plastic pitches and dinosaur coaches with their anti-football 'tactics'; it's near-empty Lego 'stadiums', it's shtty kick off times, sterile matchday experience and the most amatuerish, agenda-laden print and broadcast media: that's the way it is and will always be, it can GTF. I only care about Celtic.

Our success in the last 9 years has been a massive GIRFUY to Scottish football, our revenge for their complicity in that scandal, but for those in charge of Celtic to be so negligent as to halt that success and not even have the decency to admit their failing - never mind resign in shame - and then, to compound that with a barely disguised contempt for supporters? Well, that gives me a decision to make. We've always been up against the rest of Scottish football, there's nothing new there and it's never been a fair fight, but our own Board are willfully tying one hand behind our backs! I dearly want the new appointments to be the very best we can hope to attract and that they will give us the best football team we can reasonably hope to have, but I fear it will be a typical half-measure, like a good coach but underfund him, or another journeyman with loads of money to spend but not the ability to manage the talents he buys, or great a DoF but with a sht coach under him etc. I have no faith in Desmond and his minions making the right decisions. I'm almost willing them to fck this up to make my decision easier.

glorious

aldo
15K3,592

10 minutes ago#564

Totally, but they only way to make them accountable and force them into resignation is to deprive them of revenue, it's the only language they understand, but that just isn't going to happen. There are just too many in the Celtic support who wouldn't be able to get their heads around not going to games, it's what they do and is what they've always done, even when they know, deep down, the Board are taking the piss; that they are treated like sht.

Other forms of organised protest might help, things that don't necessarily need 100% supporter buy-in, things the media couldn't fail to see and report, like permanent displays in the environs of the stadium, wildcat actions mid-match, bushwhacking Desmond on the golf course. Then again, we have seen how they reacted to the spontaneous protest last year.
I've never felt more disconnected from Celtic. I fell out of love with football in general and Scottish football in particular the aftermath of 2012 and the cover up of what should be recognised as the biggest corruption scandal in British sporting history. I'm not interested in the welfare of Scottish football, with it's rotten officialdom, cheating match officials, anti-football plastic pitches and dinosaur coaches with their anti-football 'tactics'; it's near-empty Lego 'stadiums', it's shtty kick off times, sterile matchday experience and the most amatuerish, agenda-laden print and broadcast media: that's the way it is and will always be, it can GTF. I only care about Celtic.

Our success in the last 9 years has been a massive GIRFUY to Scottish football, our revenge for their complicity in that scandal, but for those in charge of Celtic to be so negligent as to halt that success and not even have the decency to admit their failing - never mind resign in shame - and then, to compound that with a barely disguised contempt for supporters? Well, that gives me a decision to make. We've always been up against the rest of Scottish football, there's nothing new there and it's never been a fair fight, but our own Board are willfully tying one hand behind our backs! I dearly want the new appointments to be the very best we can hope to attract and that they will give us the best football team we can reasonably hope to have, but I fear it will be a typical half-measure, like a good coach but underfund him, or another journeyman with loads of money to spend but not the ability to manage the talents he buys, or great a DoF but with a sht coach under him etc. I have no faith in Desmond and his minions making the right decisions. I'm almost willing them to fck this up to make my decision easier.
He's never going to recover from Terry Munro .

From KDS Green beggars

This is the end of my active participation as a supporter Celtic football club - illegal streams, fake strips and BBC live updates from here on in. I haven't put money into the club for over a year, and won't again. When things get back to normal it will be a lot easier to go and buy a ticket at my local club and stop kidding myself that I am supporting an organisation that reflects my beliefs, or that is the same club my grandfather supported, or that is providing entertainment on the park that is value for money. Celtic want blind loyalty - it's not for me in any walk of life.

Celtic aren't giving him entertainment on the park so he's off to watch Stenhousemuir or Elgin or someone?

Anyone else think that reads like "cannae take not being top dogs so pretending I don't care"?

glorious

aldo
15K3,592

10 minutes ago#564

I couldn't read that lunacy.

They have some cheek talking about scandals in football with all the young boys their club raped and covered up

From KDS Green beggars

I’m sure there will be another inbred monobrow Crackpot waiting to snap up that ticket. Great value to watch the collapse of that rancid club.

Celtic aren't giving him entertainment on the park so he's off to watch Stenhousemuir or Elgin or someone?

Anyone else think that reads like "cannae take not being top dogs so pretending I don't care"?

that in a nutshell
and the same club his grandfather supported was allowing the abuse of young kids for decades on an industrial scale - funny how his support didn't wane for that

first time I'd heard of this i think was after the 2-0 Goldson game, then i remembered this guy and his jumper. :)

10iar.png
Is that Bill Leckies long lost sister??

glorious

aldo
15K3,592

10 minutes ago#564

Fell out of love with football in 2012, but has been fine saying nothing for 9 years while they were winning, but as soon as Rangers win he pulls this out to console himself. Right you are pal.

You had a good (unchallenged) run, but it's over now. Suck it up & put your dummy back in.

Last edited:
From KDS Green beggars

So they’re a different club now?!?!

glorious

aldo
15K3,592

10 minutes ago#564

What utter shite. I’m sure he gave up on his club when they were winning trophy after trophy bullying jobbers! This mantra that there was a cover up or a conspiracy because we got up off our knees and started bullying them is Celtic reverting to type! I didn’t expect things to go back to normal as fast as what it has!

From KDS Green beggars

Wonder what that bit means? What are his beliefs? How have the club changed? Are they not 19th Century Terroristy enough for him now?

I thought they are a club open to all? Surely expecting your club to take a hardine stance on political and religious issues in line with your own bigoted beliefs is quite the opposite of being open to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back