Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
On ascom yesterday or the day before they said they'd get 40 mill from Ajer, Eduard, Ncham and Christie. Lol.

Id suggest they are way off - Ntcham is going for nothing (they will be trying to get him off the wage bill) 15-18k a week the chat of going to AEK is on a free.

Ajer - 6 to 8m
Eduouard - 12-15m
Christie - 2-4m

so bottom end 20m - top end (ie what the SMSM will tell us) 27m and I think that's me being fairly kind value wise.

id imagine Christie wont start in either the next 2 Euro games and was rotten (no shock) against the Czechs so there hope of him having a great Euros and bids flooding in isn't going to happen.

the fact they need at least 7 first team regulars 20-27m is not a lot to work with and the good Bosmans or pre contracts have already been snapped up long ago.

GK – all 3 are garbage

RB – I don’t think they have any on the books at all
CB – Julien (injured til oct/nov) Welsh Bitton Hjelde
LB – Taylor / Boli ?

RM/RW – Forrest Dembele
CM – Turnbull Soro Rogic McGregor Connell Shaw
LM/LW Johnston Shved

Strikers – Ajeti Bayo

Ntcham away to AEK
Griffiths out of contract
Brown away Aberdeen

Assuming Ajer / Eduaord / Christie all get punted.

Makes fun reading :D considering they will be lucky to get more than 22m for the 3 star men,

Yeah, I remember looking their squad list up at the tail end of last seaon and was stunned at just how light they were in a number of areas. It's very much not the sort of problem that's easily fixed in one window.

They're similar to what we were when Gerrard came in. There's only three or four you'd be really happy with for a starting XI. There'll likely be a couple of the rest retained who can make up squad numbers but to sign the seven or so needed to make a significant and immediate impact, is nigh on impossible.

If we can get our summer recruitment bang on and manage any sales we make, we've got a very good starting point compared to them.

Yeah, I remember looking their squad list up at the tail end of last seaon and was stunned at just how light they were in a number of areas. It's very much not the sort of problem that's easily fixed in one window.

They're similar to what we were when Gerrard came in. There's only three or four you'd be really happy with for a starting XI. There'll likely be a couple of the rest retained who can make up squad numbers but to sign the seven or so needed to make a significant and immediate impact, is nigh on impossible.

If we can get our summer recruitment bang on and manage any sales we make, we've got a very good starting point compared to them.

IMHO they need as a minimum

1 x GK (would be surprised if they didnt try to get Barkas away back to Greece and cut there losses)

2 x RB
1 x CB
1 x LB (assuming Boli is persona non grata)

1 x RW
1 x LW

and at least 1 striker (more likely 2 assuming Bayo isnt going to pull up any trees)

and that's building the team round Julien / Turnbull / Soro / Forrest - 7 first team players i reckon.

that's a monumental task in normal times - but for a fairly unknown / unconnected manager to try and do that in 1 transfer window (2 if he makes it january) with a limited budget is verging on impossible.

The Daily Record has not one clue about who theyll sign, when was the last time they themselves actually broke a story? Utterly clueless.

In terms of who they may actually sign I suspect youll need to see sales before anything can happen given the state of the money. Its already not looking good so they cant/wont make purchases without the guarantee of money coming in to fund them.

Id suggest they are way off - Ntcham is going for nothing (they will be trying to get him off the wage bill) 15-18k a week the chat of going to AEK is on a free.

Ajer - 6 to 8m
Eduouard - 12-15m
Christie - 2-4m

so bottom end 20m - top end (ie what the SMSM will tell us) 27m and I think that's me being fairly kind value wise.

id imagine Christie wont start in either the next 2 Euro games and was rotten (no shock) against the Czechs so there hope of him having a great Euros and bids flooding in isn't going to happen.

the fact they need at least 7 first team regulars 20-27m is not a lot to work with and the good Bosmans or pre contracts have already been snapped up long ago.
The 12-15 million for Edouard will be the transfer fee, they'll only make a few million in profit because of the big the sell on fee, is it not 9 million to PSG?

The 12-15 million for Edouard will be the transfer fee, they'll only make a few million in profit because of the big the sell on fee, is it not 9 million to PSG?

from reports its 40-50% sell on clause on profit - so assuming they get 15m

PSG will get £2.4/£3m so realistically Celtic are set to make very little money off Eduard who cost them 9m (plus his wage over his time here) which again is nice ... it will be a profit none the less.

again it will be reported as an HUGE undisclosed fee ... but realistically absolute top end if 2/3 big hitters were interested i think 18m is the ceiling of a realistic non media spun fee.

What ever £££ they get ( less PSG % ) for Edouard is £££ that shows up in their accounts to reduce their debt.

We’ve fućked them from pillar to post last season, we don’t need to use mathemagics to point score.

Last edited:

1 x GK (would be surprised if they didnt try to get Barkas away back to Greece and cut there losses)

2 x RB, 1 x CB, 1 x LB (assuming Boli is persona non grata), 1 x RW, 1 x LW

and at least 1 striker (more likely 2 assuming Bayo isnt going to pull up any trees)

and that's building the team round Julien / Turnbull / Soro / Forrest - 7 first team players i reckon.

that's a monumental task in normal times - but for a fairly unknown / unconnected manager to try and do that in 1 transfer window (2 if he makes it january) with a limited budget is verging on impossible.

Yup, it was part of the reason I accepted, though it wasn't fantastic suffering through the some of the stutters at times, what Gerrard was doing as it looked to be on course to get somewhere. We also came from a point of almost rock bottom (finishing 3rd in the league and Progres) so you could see improvement.

That's the other thing they have to contend with. They're not over their period of domination being ended yet. They won't be easily persuaded, from the position they were in so recently, that it's not easily rectified. It all adds to the pressure of what they've got on their plate.

I hope it's a disaster for them.

Last edited:
How have they managed to give Christie a contract that runs out at New Year? I've never heard of contracts running out then before outwith leagues that finish their season at that time.
Did they sign him in Jan? I've no idea but that's what I was thinking

Ajer - 6 to 8m
Eduouard - 12-15m
Christie - 2-4m

I would hazard a guess that if the Edouard fee is above £10mil that it will be staggered over years/several payments too. So may not be immediately available for this summer rebuild.

2 x RB
1 x CB
1 x LB (assuming Boli is persona non grata)

1 x RW
1 x LW

Bearing in mind Julienne’s injury is expected to keep him out until ~November if not later. Ajer expected to leave. Welsh the only fit centreback with any real first team experience.

They need 3 centrebacks really. 2 first choice and another back up alongside Welsh. Or gamble Julienne comes back sooner and slots straight in and only bring in 2 new CBs.

Has this be confirmed? Seems unlikely
Expires 31st May 2022 according to Transfermarkt. Would be astounded if it was until the end of 2021. MLS players get contracts until the end of a calendar year as that's when their seasons end. Finnish and Norwegian teams as well possibly, but I'm not 100% on that.
I've not seen it confirmed. The Mail on Sunday broke the story back in April and the rest of the media picked up on it. Its not been denied either right enough, which would suggest there's something in it.

The Filth’s wage bill is key in any plans to rebuild. It’s been enormous. It needs cut.

whoever they sell reduces that wage bill, but if they simply replace outgoing players with new players on similar wages, then there’s no progress.

they’re unlikely to put 100% of player sales into a recruitment budget - they need to shore up lost revenue due to covid, same as every other team.

that means they’re recruiting players at least one level, probably two levels, down from those who leave. And that’s just from a wages view point.

they might be lucky and uncover a gem or two amongst new signings - but there will inevitably be some donkeys amongst their newbies too

they’ll start the new season with a squad noticeably downgraded on last season, with significantly less income flowing in and struggling to move season tickets.

can’t help but smile

I've not seen it confirmed. The Mail on Sunday broke the story back in April and the rest of the media picked up on it. Its not been denied either right enough, which would suggest there's something in it.

So Christie can sign a pre contract with someone now?

The Filth’s wage bill is key in any plans to rebuild. It’s been enormous. It needs cut.

whoever they sell reduces that wage bill, but if they simply replace outgoing players with new players on similar wages, then there’s no progress.

they’re unlikely to put 100% of player sales into a recruitment budget - they need to shore up lost revenue due to covid, same as every other team.

that means they’re recruiting players at least one level, probably two levels, down from those who leave. And that’s just from a wages view point.

they might be lucky and uncover a gem or two amongst new signings - but there will inevitably be some donkeys amongst their newbies too

they’ll start the new season with a squad noticeably downgraded on last season, with significantly less income flowing in and struggling to move season tickets.

can’t help but smile

This is it 100% in a nutshell - however if they move on Griffiths / Eduoard / Ajer / Christie that will be a few of the big salary earners gone.

ones who are left on big money will be Forrest / Barkas / Ajeti / McGregor / Julien / Rogic and Bitton

don't imagine Turnbull / Taylor / Bain / Bayo etc will be on over 10k a week.

Given their rumoured signings so far, does anybody see a realistic chance of them finishing out the top 2? Who was the podcast guy who slagged our signings compared to theirs last season.

What about this on KDS lol

"I genuinely think Kamara is absolute garbage. Hun or not, he's pish. Walks about the midfield like a wee boy looking for his maw in Asda."

shows you how mental they are !! now i don't like Celtic - but i can still compliment a decent player if they play for them (ie Dembele)

shows how naive and bitter they are - next they will tell us again how pish Alfie and Kent are ...

According to transfermrkt it’s May 22
Not necessarily correct though. See post #14,533. The story broke that it was to end of December and there’s been no denial from the Dhims or the player at all. They are usually quick to quash that sort of story if it’s false (sometimes even if it’s true:rolleyes:).

Been without a club for a while, according to the Recrod.
He can’t get a game for Sellik’s CL opponents?
He’s going to be the guy being relied on to improve their defence and yet he can’t get a game for “not even a decent team” in Denmark.
Plenty of “likes” for this signing.:))

How have they managed to give Christie a contract that runs out at New Year? I've never heard of contracts running out then before outwith leagues that finish their season at that time.
Maybe not common but there are examples.
I’m struggling to think of one mind you.

Absolutely expecting us to get beaten handily here. If Ange and whatever cobbled-together side can acquit themselves with a decent performance I'll be reasonably happy.

Man, a few years ago with Rodgers I was hoping group stage of the CL on the regular could be a thing for us. Now...this is how it feels to be a Kilmarnock fan going into Europe.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Searched Kamara on Twitter and seen great reviews from people all over Europe.

One negative I seen was a T@rrier.

Funny that.
One of the biggest differences between our fans and theirs.
I, we, can look at a Sellik player and accept he’s decent, good, helluva good or whatever.
Celtic fans, for the best part cannot do that.
They are so toxic they cannot admit to something in blue being good.
Well, hold on that, they can but not without a caveat “he’s good but he wouldn’t get a game for us as we’ve got better”.
You’ll be wanting some examples?
“Laudrup was good but couldn’t cut it in Italy and wasn’t as good as Larsson or Di Canio!”
Okay, how about “Gascoigne was good but he wasn’t as good as, wait for it, Moravcik!”
Believe it or not, they aren’t the most incredulous.
Sit down everybody.
“Tavernier or Frimpong” asks I.
Yip, according to Timmy tosspot, it’s definitely Frimpong but they had another right back, El something or other, who was “streets ahead of both the previous players!”
I swear, all three are real Timmy mindset replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back