Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Ange was going to get Barky going........ since you know he speaks Greek an that.

Two weeks later, its confirmed Barky still doesn't know he can extend his arms to reach items.

I mean how did this guy make it as a professional goalkeeper?
Theres been a few shit keepers over the years but he is surely the worst. Infact, I cant think of another goalie that gets close to his levels of shite.

And at that price….

I thought Ange was going to get Barky going........ since you know he speaks Greek an that.

Two weeks later, its confirmed Barky still doesn't know he can extend his arms to reach items.

I mean how did this guy make it as a professional goalkeeper?

Did Barkas not say in the press that he doesn’t want to be a GK, that he’d rather be a left back? :)). I’m sure he did, have a look on google. How can you sign a GK who doesn’t want to be a GK? :)) B-)

Did Barkas not say in the press that he doesn’t want to be a GK, that he’d rather be a left back? :)). I’m sure he did, have a look on google. How can you sign a GK who doesn’t want to be a GK? :)) B-)

He said he doesn't like being a goalkeeper. He would rather play outfield, can't remember if he specified a position. It was like his first interview after joining Celtic for £5m.

Just so bizarre, it really does look like he has never played in goals before.

It just shows you need to do a bit more than watch a youtube video and consider the two games he played against your own team before you sign someone. As that seems like all the scouting department at Celtic did.

Now Celtic have 3 of the worst keepers in the league.

Was at a mates BBQ last night, he put the game on, they did look no bad up front.
Defence is poor
Never a second yellow for the dane
They can’t last 90 mins with the high press stuff.
If they go a goal down 1st will be interesting
You have to remember that Midtjylland were all over the place defensively. That said, I doubt septic will be worse in attack than last season. They will likely have less ability and strength (compared with Edouard + Elyouwhatever) but I expect there will be more energy so probably it will balance out.

Defence, unless they upgrade significantly for CB, RB/RWB and GK, will be even worse. Midfield will be the same as last season i.e. capable of playing but not even remotely up for a fight.

On the whole their squad is paper thin. If they get an injury to any one of McGregor, Turnbull, Christie or maybe even Welsh (lol) they are staring down a barrel.

Last edited:
I watched the game and going forward they looked no bad but at the same time the Danish keeper made 1 save the whole game from edouard early in the 2nd half.

That defence though will get smashed by a half decent forward line, the thought of kent up against ralston if you were a tim doesn't bear thinking about, the guy will be retiring at the end of August. There were 2 instances where they were caught out with long throws over the top, a throw in.

I think their game plan will be to try and blow teams away in the first 20 minutes, if they don't then they will struggle. Overall nothing for us to fear

Take this with a huge pinch of salt but a guy I work with who is one of them (who actually gets a lot of info right tbf) told me this morning that big Ange is at war with the board already over transfers and the respect he feels he's being shown (or rather not) and is threatening to chuck it if they don't get the chequebook out ASAP. Apparently he's given them a deadline of the end of next week to start sanctioning some proper established players or he's packing it in.

Take this with a huge pinch of salt but a guy I work with who is one of them (who actually gets a lot of info right tbf) told me this morning that big Ange is at war with the board already over transfers and the respect he feels he's being shown (or rather not) and is threatening to chuck it if they don't get the chequebook out ASAP. Apparently he's given them a deadline of the end of next week to start sanctioning some proper established players or he's packing it in.
Don’t even care if true, just funny that the state they are i that this is believable

If that's their back 4/5 they'll be lucky to finish second. Literally none of them would even make our bench.

It won't be. They've got Julien still recovering from injury and have signed another centre back. Taylor is the only one of that back four with half a chance of starting unless there's injury or suspension. (Bitton too, but he'd be moved back into midfield.)

That would be a shame. (And I'm not being sarcastic.)

If Celtic don't change their back 4 drastically then they won't finish 2nd, fact. It'll be Aberdeen or hibs, I'd say, both stronger squads defensively

I'm very surprised Edouard is sticking around for another season. He looked as if he couldn't be arsed last season so god knows what his effort levels will be like now.

Christie as well as he thinks he's a world beater.

In fairness I'd admire the balls on him if that were true and he did walk out.

Celtic fans would be absolutely seething with the board.

This was like a section of our support under Pedro they didn't want to see what was staring them in the face. They come away with phrases such as " you can see what he's trying to doi " or " we're so much better on the ball" and " the squad needs time to bed in" ect two months down the line the stark reality will have kicked in when there miles off it
I thought Warburton had us playing some great football considering the level of player he had at his disposal.His problem was he had no clue how to defend.I remember watching Pedro's team and its wtf there was no shape to it at all,it was like watching10 outfield players just doing their own thing brutal stuff.

Havent seen sakala play at all but with a few posters mentioning his pace, would this not be the perfect game for him to play in with celtics high line. Sakala on 1 side and kent on the other ?

One other thing I thought I saw in Sakala vids online (yes, I know, can't get too excited by them) is that if he is in the box and thinks he can shoot and score then he shoots. Not pass, or tap sideways. Hits it hard towards goal.

Their back line and keeper will struggle.

This was like a section of our support under Pedro they didn't want to see what was staring them in the face. They come away with phrases such as " you can see what he's trying to doi " or " we're so much better on the ball" and " the squad needs time to bed in" ect two months down the line the stark reality will have kicked in when there miles off it

Exactly this!

the desire to accept mediocrity as an improvement or validation that there’s a proper manager in charge afflicted many on this site for months when Pedro was in charge.

They are now suffering in the same manner. The need to be able to back team overrides the actualities of what’s being played out in front of them.

They drew, at home, to a shit team. That’s reality. The fact they expected to get beat and didn’t is them damning their own team with faint praise, but the fact this is now providing them with confidence should be cause for alarm amongst their support.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boss Puppet Dom chucks it before long too. It's a certainty he'll be hamstrung with Lawell still calling the shots. All the minions reporting back to the real boss undermining McKay. I can't imagine anyone with his background putting up with that. Unless he knew exactly what he was getting into, of course.

Their fans and the media really think they play some brand of revolutionary football that's going to resemble a top European side in a few months and romp this league. All this reaction after a score draw at home against a very poor Danish side.

Gerrard since he came in has had us playing some great football, especially in Europe and barely a peep about it from our media even with our league record last season and European runs. I hope the team are hungry for even more success this season that lot need slapped down even more.
Angie invented football, and taught the likes of Cruyff, and Guardiola how to manage a team.

Copyright, Keef.

I'm very surprised Edouard is sticking around for another season. He looked as if he couldn't be arsed last season so god knows what his effort levels will be like now.

Christie as well as he thinks he's a world beater.
I don't think Edouard is sticking around, I just don't think anyone has came in for him yet as they're seeing his attitude stinks.

I still believe when they don't qualify for the champions league, moves will be made to shift him out the door.

The pass, pass, pass video clip? He's a genius, nobody ever thought of asking players to pass to each other until his revolutionary idea.
Nah there's a longer one.

"We never stop during the game. If the opposition stops, good for them cause we'll fuckin take advantage."

"Once we get to the front third we gotta be super sharp, super efficient, goes wide, early cross, score our goals"

"If we lose the ball I fucking want us to win it back"

I’m expecting him to walk as surely he didnt agree to travel half way round the world to then be given the old back room staff , find his best players wanting to leave and then not getting players in quick enough , it would be magnificent if he did and fully blamed the shambles on the board

I thought Warburton had us playing some great football considering the level of player he had at his disposal.His problem was he had no clue how to defend.I remember watching Pedro's team and its wtf there was no shape to it at all,it was like watching10 outfield players just doing their own thing brutal stuff.
Under Warburton we must have had 50+ passes a game within a couple of yards of the box and 0 within. It was the most frustrating football I'd ever seen us play. No shots, no incisive passes, just tapping it about in front of a back ten followed by a nervy last few minutes! He got us out of the Championship but he also flattered based on his reputation at Brentford.

He said he doesn't like being a goalkeeper. He would rather play outfield, can't remember if he specified a position. It was like his first interview after joining Celtic for £5m.

Just so bizarre, it really does look like he has never played in goals before.

It just shows you need to do a bit more than watch a youtube video and consider the two games he played against your own team before you sign someone. As that seems like all the scouting department at Celtic did.

Now Celtic have 3 of the worst keepers in the league.
I have never seen him make an outstanding save or even a hard to get 50/50 save. Best keeper they ever had IMHO lol

Under Warburton we must have had 50+ passes a game within a couple of yards of the box and 0 within. It was the most frustrating football I'd ever seen us play. No shots, no incisive passes, just tapping it about in front of a back ten followed by a nervy last few minutes! He got us out of the Championship but he also flattered based on his reputation at Brentford.
Haha yes his teams did tend to overplay it around the box at times,teams would sit in against us until the last 15 minutes and it was torture.

Haha yes his teams did tend to overplay it around the box at times,teams would sit in against us until the last 15 minutes and it was torture.
He was terrific for us for what we brought him in for, ie win the championship and do it in style.
He also overhauled our youth set up as well.

But that was his level, he was found completely wanting at premier league level.

I’m expecting him to walk as surely he didnt agree to travel half way round the world to then be given the old back room staff , find his best players wanting to leave and then not getting players in quick enough , it would be magnificent if he did and fully blamed the shambles on the board

In fairness, apparently Lennon wasn't allowed his own backroom staff he was basically given Kennedy & co.

In the phone in last year some of the pundits confirmed this and Hugh Keevins said that's on Lennon for not standing up to Lawwell.

Sounds like Ange might be working in the same conditions.

Can any of them still register wildcards for the second leg? Obviously FCM are selling players for some decent fee's, I would imagine they have some players lined up for the players that are or have left that will improve their team.

By the sounds of it, FCM were absolutely stinking last night. I watched them last season against Liverpool, both games and Liverpool were lucky in both games. To then struggle against this Celtic team is just bizarre. Surely the fist advice to their players last night would've been, shoot from anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back