Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-D Laughable

jocky1967

2 min. ago#124246
Connor Goldson is worth about a million quid…..he will never get a club that’s better for him than Rangers! No wonder he has signed on again.

Out new look attack is going to rip Sevco a new one!
Goldson will never get a team better for him than Rangers. Quite agree.

Their new look attack will rip us apart? Some Japanese no mark and a far, waster, junkie, paedo?

B-D Laughable

jocky1967

2 min. ago#124246
Connor Goldson is worth about a million quid…..he will never get a club that’s better for him than Rangers! No wonder he has signed on again.

Out new look attack is going to rip Sevco a new one!
They’ll be pinning their hopes on this 19 year old to be the next best thing. Think about that for a moment! Borna will have him!

E7Ee1qiX0AI33ga

Played 7s with a "goalie" years ago who was stood about 5ft 4, was pushing 50 and generally a bit of a moon-unit. Any shot on target had a fair chance of beating him.

Yet, he would have had better positioning at that. Even the WH striker appears to be looking at the situation and thinking "Seriously? Fair enough then".

Played 7s with a "goalie" years ago who was stood about 5ft 4, was pushing 50 and generally a bit of a moon-unit. Any shot on target had a fair chance of beating him.

Even he would have had better positioning at that. Even the WH striker appears to be looking at the situation and thinking "Seriously? Fair enough then".
To be fair he is lined up with the post. Just the wrong post.

Watching the goals

1. The new young CBs entire game seems to involve throwing himself into challenges that he can never hope to win and leaves the defence wide open

2. Welsh loves getting put on his arse
Thought Welsh was flying into challenges on the ground Porteous style v the Danes

The thing is, they'll get better once their new signings come in. Although that wouldn't be hard.

But the defensive frailties aren't going to change because the structure doesn't change. It's not Van Dijk and Ramos back there. AT BEST it's Starfelt and Welsh/Julian.

Postecoglu has had his teams playing this way for as long as he's been manager.

They'll finish 2nd and give some teams a 'doing' over the season because that's just Scottish football. But it's not going to end well.

Which is a shame :))

They'll finish 2nd and give some teams a 'doing' over the season because that's just Scottish football. But it's not going to end well.

Which is a shame :))
Just a reminder to FF they put 5 past Hamilton and Ross County in the first 5 games last season.

Remind me how last year went.

Still won’t stop the “errr ma gawd, what about the goal difference” posts until we’re 15 points ahead in the league.

Watching the goals

1. The new young CBs entire game seems to involve throwing himself into challenges that he can never hope to win and leaves the defence wide open

The thought of Kent against that defence is stauner inducing, especially after watching the goals video from yesterday.

I'm very much aware of the old adage that you can't take much from a pre-season friendly, but what happened yesterday isn't a lack of match fitness. It's a lack of ability and/or coaching. I think they're in big trouble this season.

Especially if Midjylland put them out.

God, what times we live in.

*strokes furiously*

The penny has dropped...

4:11 PM - 1 day ago#2500
And i'm not a goalkeeper, but i know keepers are always told to make themselves as big as possible in front of the striker, Peter Schmeichel was the best in the world at this, but it looks like Barkas is doing the exact opposite of that in the photo above, and as well as providing the striker with the whole of his right post, he is also making his frame as small as possible too!!

This is quite possibly the worst 5m we have ever spent, and i include that Brazilian defender 22 years ago in this too, at least he didn't get on the pitch to cost us games.

It is even more glorious than I remember, thanks. I just wanted a laugh but I have re-listened and there are so many highlights:

"Plan A is attractive aggressive style of football. Plan B is to make plan A better." (lolburton)

<Ange is> "the perfect Manager for a neutral, home fan or even opponents"

<Don't Check my hard drive> mentions City Football Group and the two guys arses pucker up enough for them to visibly shift in their chairs.

"J-League is a top 10 league in the world" in which a 54 year old appeared in competitive matches last season.

<Don't Check my hard drive> talks about how Ange's team recently lost to a 4th tier Japanese team as an example of how competitive Japanese football is. B-D

<Don't Check my hard drive> states that Ange has never been in a two horse race and that he has been in regular 7-8 horse races (as if that is relevant). Both guys visibly wince.

"I am not here to defend Ange on his defending. Even Ange will not defend Ange's defending." B-D

"Ange is not a Manager who comes in and flips a switch and everything is better. If the Celtic board were not aware of that then that is their problem" B-D

Mentions that Ange's team conceded 54 goals in a season then says "Don't worry about the defence, it will work itself out" B-D

Justifies this bombshell by pointing out that his team's goalkeepers know how to run and says "when they {plural!?!} have given up, lets call them dumb goals, Ange hasn't thrown them under the bus as he knows it's not their fault for playing how he wants them to play" B-D

Talks about how he finds it an admirable quality for backing his keepers for conceding dumb goals.

<Don't Check my hard drive> is directly challenged on concerns about Ange's apparently inability to organise a defence and responds, seriously, with "I promise you that nobody has had more fun than Marianos fans. Winning is fun but this is a great chance for Celtic fans to discover different joys" <pucker, pucker, face rub, pucker> B-D

"He needs patience and understanding" B-D

"Green Brigade should do a thank you Yokohama banner"

"Don't worry about winning, it will be fun" B-D
If I get the opportunity to make a third Celtic Downfall video this will give me half my content B-)

That would be both hilarious and utterly ridiculous in equal measures.

No mark manager is plucked from complete obscurity on the other side of the world and handed a plum job in British football only to threaten the board with walking out after less than a month because he feels they’re not backing him?

If it happens, and I very much doubt it will, it will be because he’s realised he’s totally out of his depth, not that he’s disgruntled that his Z list managerial status hasn’t been adorned with top stars.
I don’t agree. I mean he IS out of his depth and he’ll come to realise that before very long.

But Celtic have signed 2 players for money and 2 free youths from a relegated English team, the guy is being completely mugged off. They have been a shambles for months, knew a rebuild was required since January d they’ve signed 2 unknown players.

The guy has been hung out to dry by their board already

There's a lot of pop psychology out there about how it'll mean certain things, but there's no exact science to it. Just a trait he has, most likely.
There's a good youtube channel with 4 body language experts. The Brit's quite hard work but it's still worth the watch if you're into that kind of thing. It's mental how many factors there is to consider.

I sometimes wonder if Barkas has a twin brother playing in goal somewhere else in the world who couldn't resist taking £5 million from the Green Mhugs and setting his brother up with a wee job.

He probably told him to pack in the supermarket trolley-boy job and get to Glasgow!

Nobody will ever notice - Hahahahahaha!

Watching the goals

Almost every West Ham goal involved at least one defender being horribly out of position, and at least two or three involved one of them chasing the WH player but then running away from them as if they expected another teammate to put a tackle in. I genuinely didn't expect just the highlights to be that embarrassing, but they were.

West Ham are clearly a far slicker team than any in the SPL, not counting us, but that defence has disaster written all over it right now.

I’ve never seen a manager look so pissed off in a job as early as this

Been there a matter of weeks and looks a broken man already
I noticed in that interview that was posted on here yesterday he barely lifted his head or made eye contact with the camera . I wonder what the new CEO over there thinks about it all. It’ll be reflecting on him before much longer too hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back