Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha ha lovely, more Deludamol please Doctor. ;)
Aye, seems reasonable.

Has it not been known for a while that these far flung markets only exist as a potential commercial vehicle for the already truly global brands of man u, liverpool, real Madrid and perhaps a few others?

He also makes a good point rarely raised of why would Chinese or Korean people care about a Japanese guy in Europe. For example, Japan are still largely vilified by the Chinese because of history.

Its only knock off nights who get excited about the players and teams of another country. :p

On their Dutch wonderkid defender from Sheff Weds reserves:
"He doesn't seem to have mastered control of his body, a bit like a puppy that's still figuring his legs out."

"He is certainly a unit.
Unfortunately like one of those from IKEA that when I try to build them are all over the camp"

Who says them lot aren't humorous?
He is one of their worst signings in recent memory, the guy is an absolute shambles and looks like he should be playing rugby.

He shouldn't take long to get up to speed with Angeball either, Wilder's overlapping centre back carry on was to allow the wingback to play inside, much the same as how we're trying to go. ;)

Almost every West Ham goal involved at least one defender being horribly out of position, and at least two or three involved one of them chasing the WH player but then running away from them as if they expected another teammate to put a tackle in. I genuinely didn't expect just the highlights to be that embarrassing, but they were.

West Ham are clearly a far slicker team than any in the SPL, not counting us, but that defence has disaster written all over it right now.
The 3rd or 4th goal the whole defense goes to the player with the ball leaving the WH player wide open behind them, school boy defending.

E7Ee1qiX0AI33ga
He couldn't make himself any wider and any smaller if he tried.

Aye, seems reasonable.

Has it not been known for a while that these far flung markets only exist as a potential commercial vehicle for the already truly global brands of man u, liverpool, real Madrid and perhaps a few others?

He also makes a good point rarely raised of why would Chinese or Korean people care about a Japanese guy in Europe. For example, Japan are still largely vilified by the Chinese because of history.

Its only knock off nights who get excited about the players and teams of another country. :p

A Rangers or Celtic could make money from having a Japanese first team player, but it'd need to be someone who already has a following in Japan. And the days of the best Japanese players hanging around the J League going unnoticed are gone. Singing some also-ran from the J League won't mean plenty of merchandise starts getting shifted there, even if the player does tremendously well here. (And that's without taking into account that the club would need to have a commercial party ready and waiting in Japan - they're going to import from the club's UK based shops.)

Japanese pop culture is also very quick to move on in terms of trends and fashions. Even if Shinsuke Nakamura was really popular in Japan during his time at Celtic - and I don't really know if he was - that doesn't mean there's still thousands of Japanese fans just waiting to buy Celtic tops again. They would have moved on as soon as he left Celtic.

on griffiths :D

CelticWay

Occasional Substitute
16 minutes ago#6381

I don’t want him anywhere near this club, he is the opposite of what we stand for. He has gotten a lot of money from Celtic for doing absolutely nothing jn years, and to add insult to injury he looked yet again over weight yesterday,

But if Ange chooses to put a player on the park she shouldn’t ever boo them, make our opinions known off the field, but I don’t agree with booing our players ever, sets such a negative tone for the entire team not that one player

Almost every West Ham goal involved at least one defender being horribly out of position, and at least two or three involved one of them chasing the WH player but then running away from them as if they expected another teammate to put a tackle in. I genuinely didn't expect just the highlights to be that embarrassing, but they were.

West Ham are clearly a far slicker team than any in the SPL, not counting us, but that defence has disaster written all over it right now.
Its worse than that - West Ham played from deep for 2 of the goals and ran right over their midfield too - they are all blaming the weans in defence but the "house of cards" tactical problems goes much deeper than that - whats nice is all the "green on green" attacks on each other on Sharkheid Street, them against the so called "Tory" Board, attacks on Agnes Postalorder, loads in on CreepyGriff, even Celticdas, and especially blokes who wear 3/4 length trews Celtic shirts and bush hats, - they are all fair game and they all loathe each other! Its a "house of cards" right enough if all the cards hated each others guts - fear and loathing in Las Giros. Long may it continue...

on griffiths :D

CelticWay

Occasional Substitute
16 minutes ago#6381

I don’t want him anywhere near this club, he is the opposite of what we stand for. He has gotten a lot of money from Celtic for doing absolutely nothing jn years, and to add insult to injury he looked yet again over weight yesterday,

But if Ange chooses to put a player on the park she shouldn’t ever boo them, make our opinions known off the field, but I don’t agree with booing our players ever, sets such a negative tone for the entire team not that one player
How far back is “used to” because they’ve been as low as anybody could ever imagine for at least 5 decades. And I’d put a good bit of money on a long time before that. They only formalised it through Torbett when somebody got him to set up the boys club.

:D

CelticWay wrote:
1:21 AM - 1 day ago
The only sevco player I would take is Kent. I hope they sell him, but they don’t seem to be getting any bites for any of their players! It’s hilarious.

I’m not sure I will ever get my head round how they manage to purchase player after player, for millions, without ever having sold a player for decent money, added to the fact they have been knocking out £10-£15m in losses year on year. The ‘share issue’ method they are leveraging is financial doping plain and simple, and you can guarantee it’s laundered.

CelticWay wrote:
The only sevco player I would take is Kent. I hope they sell him, but they don’t seem to be getting any bites for any of their players! It’s hilarious.

I’m not sure I will ever get my head round how they manage to purchase player after player, for millions, without ever having sold a player for decent money, added to the fact they have been knocking out £10-£15m in losses year on year. The ‘share issue’ method they are leveraging is financial doping plain and simple, and you can guarantee it’s laundered.
"McGregor or McLaughlin, na, I'll keep Barkas thanks.
Goldwon, Helander, Balogun, Katic, na Welsh and Bitton are the CBs for me.
POTY Tav, not a patch on oor Ralston.
The maestro Davis? Please, I'll take hacking machine, Soro..."

And on and on

What an absolute deluded fuckwit

CelticWay wrote:

They think it’s hilarious that we don’t sell our best players(although it reminds me of the meme with the crying poet with a happy mask on). That’s the difference between us and them, we want to keep ours to win football things, they want to sell theres because their board has conditioned them over the years that it’s a good thing. They have a weird thing that because they do something every club should do it and it’s right. Everything we do is wrong(even though they end up desperately wanting and usually doing everything we do).
David Low suggested a few weeks ago they’d have a share issue and they started creaming themselves about what to do with the investment.

James Forrest|14:53 25/07/21
Even without making any bold predictions about how Celtic will do, the idea that we will somehow conspire to have an even worse season than last is manifestly ludicrous, as is the suggestion that the club at Ibrox might improve enough to open a bigger gap. Even if we didn’t improve this squad with a single additional footballer.

We would still have a competitive team capable of going on a lengthy winning run.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

James Forrest|13:00 25/07/21
Yesterday the lack of planning and the poverty of certain parts of the playing squad were exposed in their full gory detail.
A West Ham team without key players and three weeks behind us in their preparations almost casually swatted aside this team.

Poor wee demented James Forrest he can't seem to make up his mind if they are woeful or world beaters in two blogs written seven minutes apart.

The Maribor game under Gerrard when we won 3-1 was absolutely electric. One of the most understated atmospheres as no one really mentions it. Place was rocking.

There is no doubt the last decade has galvanised and made us appreciate the club more.
Was that the game that Coulibally scored? He basically just ran into the ball :D

There's a lot of pop psychology out there about how it'll mean certain things, but there's no exact science to it. Just a trait he has, most likely.
The only thing that has kept the wolves from the flange's door so far is that he has a stilted press who don't have a clue as to how to assess this situation, or too scared to speak out Plus a yahoo fanbase who have deluded themselves into thinking this has been a managerial masterstroke.

They all think it's a case of The Emperor's New Clothes (the we deserved all three points v the Danes) yet they said sod all to rebuke him, being a case in point.

But, crash out in the CL this week and start to drop points early doors in the league and it will all change.

This compliant, pathetic, yahoo press and flange friendly Finbar will change from Rab C's well spoken bother Hugh, to 'Mad Mental Shug' in the blink of an eye, after a few sherbets.

Last edited:
"McGregor or McLaughlin, na, I'll keep Barkas thanks.
Goldwon, Helander, Balogun, Katic, na Welsh and Bitton are the CBs for me.
POTY Tav, not a patch on oor Ralston.
The maestro Davis? Please, I'll take hacking machine, Soro..."

And on and on

What an absolute deluded fuckwit
It’s probably the username for that MSM journalist who thought only 3 of our side would get into a combined 11 last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back