Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were the better team for an hour but saying that the Danes were really a poor outfit & I agree we will tear the league up this year but they will be 2nd by a long distance .

I agree with you mate but a lot of us on here are just a bit over the top , they are better than some say & they will bring a few in before the window shuts , but we will win the league by double figured points , that am sure .

I've not been this confident of a title since Advocaat's second season. Like Recoba I can admit when they have played well/have good players at their disposal but, they are in utter shit order. Their best player last night was Ralston, who's face had gone a shade of purple before half time, he was so knackered. Their manager is already letting the fans know that the board aren't backing him and their best player has thrown in the towel.

We, by contrast, just look ready and have strengthened. It's not cockiness or arrogance it's just looking at what's in front of you. Like you, I think they'll finish second but at this rate The Sheep and Hibs will be closer to them.

I’ve said this before and I’ll probably say it again. But i cannot understand how they have got in this shape. It’s mental. If I was made ceo/manager/dof what ever, there is no chance I could run them into the ground as quickly
They threw everything into winning the 10 last year. They never sold the ones who wanted away and let their contracts run too near to expiry, they invested heavily in players who are under contract on good money and are worthless and they signed duffers and johnjo on loan who cost a fortune and we're worse than useless. It turns out the ones who wanted away are now gone or going for buttons, the ones on loan are back home and shecht is still on the books getting well paid. Players shy, Ralston and griffiths get new deals when they should have been chased and we are left with a dream scenario for us. Remarkable really as our class of 2012 would now give them a game. There's zero chance of this mob lording it over us unless covid wipes out our 40 first picks.

They threw everything into winning the 10 last year. They never sold the ones who wanted away and let their contracts run too near to expiry, they invested heavily in players who are under contract on good money and are worthless and they signed duffers and johnjo on loan who cost a fortune and we're worse than useless. It turns out the ones who wanted away are now gone or going for buttons, the ones on loan are back home and shecht is still on the books getting well paid. Players shy, Ralston and griffiths get new deals when they should have been chased and we are left with a dream scenario for us. Remarkable really as our class of 2012 would now give them a game. There's zero chance of this mob lording it over us unless covid wipes out our 40 first picks.
There is a very plausible scenario that could see them finish above us.

If there was a free, fair, and uncoerced vote to call the league tomorrow "because scary COVID", they'd finish second and we'd finish 9th.

Will stick this in here.

Where have we heard game of two halves, if we’d scored the 2nd goal it was fine while looking as awkward and beaten as possible.

Nope not just Angelos Postecoglou last night in his 2nd competitive match.

Pedro Caixinha the night before he got sacked

Will stick this in here.

Where have we heard game of two halves, if we’d scored the 2nd goal it was fine while looking as awkward and beaten as possible.

I don’t think Ange really knows what to say in interviews now. He was threatened to always be truthful the minute he walked through the door so he seems to just stand there and describe bits of the game as truthfully as possible.
“We scored then had another chance and they went up the other end and scored then some stuff happened and they scored again”.
Their fans are at the “I could listen to him talk about football all day” stage. That doesn’t last long when you’re losing matches.

At times like these I like to remember that stupid, unwashed wank who did the ‘I cannae see the Ranjurs anywhere’ thing at the top of the Empire State Building.

I imagine him sitting in his crappy wee house in Carfin crying into his Rustlers Burger tea and feel an enormous sense of satisfaction.
Ha ha. I just picture him leaving the house, Celtic hoody on, hood up, shielding his face, hiding behind bus stops, hedges and post boxes as he weaves his way Ryan Kent-esque to the corner shop to pick up his copy of The Rangers News.

Can you see us now?

Gutted I missed all the hilarity the other night on here after getting a ban. :( apologies to the admins. But with regards to celtic....hahahhahahahaahhahaahhaahahahaahhaahhaaahahaha

Only 3 players with below par scores? One of who was subbed off at HT I think.

For me 6/10 is good. The first positive score if you like. 5 is not good enough.

Out of Europe without a whimper and there’s no 3s or 4s. Mostly 7s. An 8. Wild.
Sky sports ad a more realistic player scores. The media up in Scotland always gloss over their failure, even now they’re not giving honest opinion on them. They’re tore, terrible and moving backwards. The difference in the way they reported on our demise and shitshow is stark.

Will stick this in here.

Id take Pedro over Ange

They were the better team for an hour but saying that the Danes were really a poor outfit & I agree we will tear the league up this year but they will be 2nd by a long distance .

I agree with you mate but a lot of us on here are just a bit over the top , they are better than some say & they will bring a few in before the window shuts , but we will win the league by double figured points , that am sure .
I didn’t see the whole game, probably from about 55 minutes onwards, it looked like the Danes changed it up and started pressing them higher and they couldn’t handle it.

Sure, they were probably tired which would have had an impact but it looks like they still have no answer to an aggressive pressing game.

I didn’t see the whole game, probably from about 55 minutes onwards, it looked like the Danes changed it up and started pressing them higher and they couldn’t handle it.

Sure, they were probably tired which would have had an impact but it looks like they still have no answer to an aggressive pressing game.
I can't believe that they aren't fit as fiddles, with World class coaches like Kennedy and IPad Boy drilling them every day.

The danish coach said as much pre match. He mentioned he expected Celtic to run out of legs after 60 minutes so clearly their approach was to save something in the tank for the last 30 minutes and it paid dividends.

The danish coach said as much pre match. He mentioned he expected Celtic to run out of legs after 60 minutes so clearly their approach was to save something in the tank for the last 30 minutes and it paid dividends.
Defensively as weak as I have ever seen them and any team having a go will be in with a real chance.

Couldn't agree more. I was actually shocked at how bad the Danes were, and to lose to them is a total indictment on how bad that mob are. They will strengthen for sure, but we are miles ahead of them in every department and that gap isn't closing anytime soon.

I am absolutely convinced we will win the league and my only concern this season is that we get to the CL group stage to maximise income and pull so far ahead of them financially that it will take them years to catch up. Ideally we will further widen the gap.

I think it is realistic to hope that we get to the CL group stage and drop down to the EL and get to the last 16/8 whilst they struggle in the Conference.

An automatic CL placing next season should see us out of site for several seasons, resulting in flags and banners buying ST's at the piggery.

I truly believe the house of cards is collapsing at a rate I wouldn't have thought possible.

The great oracle that is King did predict that there was more chance that we would get the 10. Who am I to argue.

He did say exactly that. Fitness is probably the only attribute in which Midtjylland are not poor.

I've not been this confident of a title since Advocaat's second season. Like Recoba I can admit when they have played well/have good players at their disposal but, they are in utter shit order. Their best player last night was Ralston, who's face had gone a shade of purple before half time, he was so knackered. Their manager is already letting the fans know that the board aren't backing him and their best player has thrown in the towel.

We, by contrast, just look ready and have strengthened. It's not cockiness or arrogance it's just looking at what's in front of you. Like you, I think they'll finish second but at this rate The Sheep and Hibs will be closer to them.
I agree with most of this. I would say though that if a few results go against them early doors they are going to face heavy, heavy pressure from the stinking hordes. It could go south very, very quickly and we don't yet know how the newer players will stand up to it. They could have an even bigger collapse than last year. 3rd or 4th is not guaranteed. They might have a fight on for that.

Last edited:
I agree with most of this. I would say though that if a few results go against them early doors they are going to face heavy, heavy pressure from the stinking hordes. It could go south very, very quickly and we don't yet know how the newer players will stand up to it. They could have an even bigger collapse than last year. 3rd or 4th is not guaranteed. They might have a fight on for that.
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. The rest of the league are simply not good enough to finish above them over the course of the season.

We are stronger in every department than they are and barring a catastrophe will surely be Champions again. If we can navigate two rounds in Europe and land the CL windfall we'll be almost out of sight by the time they get their act together.

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. The rest of the league are simply not good enough to finish above them over the course of the season.

We are stronger in every department than they are and barring a catastrophe will surely be Champions again. If we can navigate two rounds in Europe and land the CL windfall we'll be almost out of sight by the time they get their act together.
I don't expect that they will fall below 2nd. Just saying it is possible. It all depends on how they start the season. I am not convinced they will be able to stand up to the fallout from the most entitled fans in football. They are already seething and that brings extra pressure.

The sheep have definitely strengthened, I would say Hibs as well but losing Marciano is a blow for them imo. It is still to be seen if the mhanks have improved or not. Nothing so far suggests to me they will be better than last season. It's not a given they will get their act together either. Flange may be the first of a few appointments on that path. All speculation? Of course it is but isn't that the same every year?

I don't expect that they will fall below 2nd. Just saying it is possible. It all depends on how they start the season. I am not convinced they will be able to stand up to the fallout from the most entitled fans in football. They are already seething and that brings extra pressure.

The sheep have definitely strengthened, I would say Hibs as well but losing Marciano is a blow for them imo. It is still to be seen if the mhanks have improved or not. Nothing so far suggests to me they will be better than last season. It's not a given they will get their act together either. Flange may be the first of a few appointments on that path. All speculation? Of course it is but isn't that the same every year?
Of course.
Football, even in this country is cyclical. We'll have our days in the sun but so will they.
What happened, or should I say was inflicted upon us,in 2012 threw that cycle out of sinc. I'm utterly convinced it was a pre-determined outcome and that they were up to their scrawny necks in the whole business. They'll never have to suffer anything like that, so their recovery is highly unlikely to take the time ours did.
So we should,and no doubt will, enjoy the next few seasons but it won't last forever.

Defensively as weak as I have ever seen them and any team having a go will be in with a real chance.
If hearts go for them from the off and put in crosses and harass the dodgy defence and get shots on target against whatever bombscare keeper they pick, then they'll go away with at least a draw. Tynecastle isn't a comfortable place for them and hearts will see how weak they are and know they've got a good chance to get points.

I’m actually starting to debate in my head if hiring Brenda might have done more damage to them in the long run. The wages they took on from that point, Lawwell and their board getting comfortable thinking the success they had would forever be a given, that they couldn’t get caught and would have a free run into the CL each year, even with someone as clueless as the bigot in charge.
They panicked last year after seeing our improvement and spunked a load of money on absolute dross while not taking care of the assets they had in place. They’re already looking at a massive downsize, their only saving grace is that our performances in Europe since Gerrard came in has given them extra chances at Europe for now. Had it not been for that they would be in serious trouble, it would effectively be a fire sale over there. If we keep our foot on their necks it might still be.
Beating them on penalties in 2016 seems to set in motion a chain of events that led to their collapse. We were told that the Celtic directors were so incensed that they went all out to bury us in our first season back. And go all out they did, essentially building a team that won 3 trebles and stole a 4th, which were mere bonuses to the ultimate victory: 10 in a row. Last season we saw the comedown from this high.

But we were so bad under Warburton and Pedro that Delia could’ve stayed and won the league anyway. It wasn’t until Gerrard arrived that we started to become dangerous. Had they chugged on for a few years after our return and then went all out, granted they won’t have won the trebles, but they may have got over the 10iar finishing line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back