Kerryfail thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a scathing piece from Tom English on the BBC website regarding Lemmon although he did manage to squeeze this in.... 'Lennon has overcome an awful lot in his life. He's been subjected to sectarian abuse, physical attacks in the street and deeply sinister plots in the post'. Everybody say awwwwwwwe. Shame.

As have Lafferty, Novo & Beasley - yet you wont ever hear Tom English mention that!!!!

not a chance imo

Lennon has spent over £30 million and their signings are suspect

£5 million for barkas
£5 million for ajeti
£3 million for turnbull
£3 million Taylor
£3 million bolingoli
£2 million soro
£7.5 million big julie

plus there another £10 million or so for a stack of guys like klimala , bayo etc

Loan fee and wages for Duffy , elyounoussi , Miss Laxalt

add in their extension to their credit facility to £13 million and the non existent £60 million war chest that never was , they need to sell and offload before they buy .

eduard , ntcham , mcgregor , Christie and ajer are their most sellable assets . Some have 18 months left and clearly don’t want to be there so it’s bound to affect their valuation
Looking at your numbers, if they are correct - and from memory they are certainly the fees being reported at the time - you’re talking more like £40mil spent no? Duffy £2mil loan fee, no?

Also, I noticed a classic bit of skullduggery recently. Saw a video going round comparing the start of the season and “Celtics best ever transfer window” and recent phone in comments. Back in the summer they were calling Barney their £6million keeper. Whereas this week he’s £5mil.

I’m also sure one of their fullbacks, I think Taylor, has his transfer fee quoted as £2mil recently, rather than the £3mil we were told at the time. Lying fcuks. Whatever suits their latest narrative.

Was just about to post that. Have to say that one pissed me off. Absolutely no irony that Celtic have only been in their position of dominance as they benefited by our problems and not being in the league, it was good enough for them, but not the other way round! If only that were true all the same! Celtic have the past 2 seasons spent tens of millions backing Lennon. Last season was over £15m odd on the defence alone, this season he’s spent £5m on a keeper and the same on a striker as well as other monies he’s spent. His board have backed him to the hilt with money for big signings, when these players were rolling in he was a hero and the board were backing their false 10 in a row. Now these players turn our to be shite, Lennon shite too it’s them taking a step back for the sake of competition in Scottish football! Well is it %^*&, you’ve bought utter dross and the fact of the matter is we’ve been going about our business very well and are now better than you in every position! So %^*& you!

They don't like it when you counter their argument that the board haven't backed managers when you point out that they've spent 48m in last 3 season. The rest of Scottish football (aside from us) have probably not spent 48m combined since they were founded.
Agreed

Was just about to post that. Have to say that one pissed me off. Absolutely no irony that Celtic have only been in their position of dominance as they benefited by our problems and not being in the league, it was good enough for them, but not the other way round! If only that were true all the same! Celtic have the past 2 seasons spent tens of millions backing Lennon. Last season was over £15m odd on the defence alone, this season he’s spent £5m on a keeper and the same on a striker as well as other monies he’s spent. His board have backed him to the hilt with money for big signings, when these players were rolling in he was a hero and the board were backing their false 10 in a row. Now these players turn our to be shite, Lennon shite too it’s them taking a step back for the sake of competition in Scottish football! Well is it %^*&, you’ve bought utter dross and the fact of the matter is we’ve been going about our business very well and are now better than you in every position! So %^*& you!
Good post

hopefully their fans go mental and demand signings - i think the pressure will be on. hopefully they do. eat into cash reserves, wage bill up & their recruitment hasnt been good since Van Dijk - even Dembele was a stroke of luck and just a good opportunity for them
I get the feeling they will spend big in the January window. They are obsessed with this 10IAR thing so I can see them pulling out all the stop if they are still trailing us.

Question is, will it be TLB doing the spending?

If anyone wants a real laugh go and listen to last night's Sportsound. Pat Bonner had a huge meltdown. He was using the convenient no fans excuse for our success and their failure this season. Richard Gordon tore him to pieces and pointed out it's the same for everyone. Stewart and English agreed with Gordon and basically mocked Bonner. The one person who dived in to support Bonner was Billy Dodds who referred to Tav's comments from last season as evidence that no fans is helping us. Bonner was almost at breaking point as he tried to argue their fans are so much more important to the team than other fanbases.
The only way having no fans is hindering them, is there's less pressure on the ref to award them everything ffs. Bonnar is a bellend.

Screenshot-2020-11-27-at-18.08.45.png

The poets really are a special breed of mutants.

Arrmed struggle against the board?? Not much could go wrong with that, is there? Its bound to force a change of manager, isn't it? :rolleyes:R
I would contribute to see that
Nothing like like tim on tim especially armed

Looking at your numbers, if they are correct - and from memory they are certainly the fees being reported at the time - you’re talking more like £40mil spent no? Duffy £2mil loan fee, no?

Also, I noticed a classic bit of skullduggery recently. Saw a video going round comparing the start of the season and “Celtics best ever transfer window” and recent phone in comments. Back in the summer they were calling Barney their £6million keeper. Whereas this week he’s £5mil.

I’m also sure one of their fullbacks, I think Taylor, has his transfer fee quoted as £2mil recently, rather than the £3mil we were told at the time. Lying fcuks. Whatever suits their latest narrative.

They spin the wording to suit.

eg. They will sign a player on a £3.5m 'deal'. 'Deal' being the transfer fee (£2m), plus wages (3 yrs @10k a week = £1.5m).

If it doesn't work out, he becomes a £2m 'signing'. 'Signing' being the transfer fee on its own.

not a chance imo

£5 million for barkas
£5 million for ajeti
£3 million for turnbull
£3 million Taylor
£3 million bolingoli
£2 million soro
£7.5 million big julie

plus there another £10 million or so for a stack of guys like klimala , bayo etc

add in their extension to their credit facility to £13 million and the non existent £60 million war chest that never was , they need to sell and offload before they buy .

eduard , ntcham , mcgregor , Christie and ajer are their most sellable assets . Some have 18 months left and clearly don’t want to be there so it’s bound to affect their valuation
Spot-on, Calvinist. The money's gone. A 3rd year with no CL, 2 under TLB, cost PL his bonus & sealed TLB's fate. Only concern is a new coach may galvanise them.

They will say anything they have to, to make them feel better. Bottom line is, we have spent wisely, we have a far superior and modern management and coaching team in place and it's showing on and off the park. They have been looking for us coming but we overtook them that fast that they didn't even see us. The future is bright.

not a chance imo

£5 million for barkas
£5 million for ajeti
£3 million for turnbull
£3 million Taylor
£3 million bolingoli
£2 million soro
£7.5 million big julie

In other words..they're fukt!!

Dear pete
i wrote but you still aint calling
i left my cell, my phone and pager
i sent 2 letters you ought notta got em
im a jakey and your biggest fan
i beat my ex and locked her in the trunk
but hey %^*& it
hey hows your desmond?
if i have a daughter imma name her Des too.

love Shady Neic

This has to be up there with the worst posts of 2020.

not a chance imo

£5 million for barkas
£5 million for ajeti
£3 million for turnbull
£3 million Taylor
£3 million bolingoli
£2 million soro
£7.5 million big julie

Other than that Boli the covid guy and Julie Anne, I've genuinely never heard of the guys you have listed.

But it is a wonderful list and better than any I'll be sending to Santa.

I get the feeling they will spend big in the January window. They are obsessed with this 10IAR thing so I can see them pulling out all the stop if they are still trailing us.

Question is, will it be TLB doing the spending?

There is something very apparent for all to see at the moment, would you rather a group of high priced individuals or a team, well drilled and working hard for each other at half the cost?

There is something very apparent for all to see at the moment, would you rather a group of high priced individuals or a team, well drilled and working hard for each other at half the cost?
Whether he said it or not, and some times I have my doubts.

But ba face is endlessly quoted as apparently saying a bad team with a good manager will always beat a good team with a bad manager.

What was noticeable on Thursday is that our manager has produced (and there's always room for improvement) a team that was well drilled and organised (two crucial lapses apart) that held their own against a team that cost a helluva lot more money to assemble than ours.

Kamara is a case in point. He cost 50k. He certainly has his off days but what price could you put on how crucial he is to the side when we are on form?

Obviously it has been borne out of necessity, but that doesn't matter. The main point is that our manager has proved that you do not need to shell out millions to find that vital cog for the overall wheel.

Other than that Boli the covid guy and Julie Anne, I've genuinely never heard of the guys you have listed.

But it is a wonderful list and better than any I'll be sending to Santa.
I had to google it and couldn’t believe the money spent on some absolute dross .

on thinking about their most sellable assets , eduard doesn’t want to be there and isn’t now a first team regular and in the final 18 months of his contract , I’d doubt they’d get the 20 million they’re hoping for .

ntcham Is getting game time but he’s looks terrible and had been lost in games versus our midfield , perhaps he only shone against poor rangers teams .

imo Lennon will be given a stay of execution at least until the game versus us . Hopefully by then we have opened up a real gap

I had to google it and couldn’t believe the money spent on some absolute dross .

on thinking about their most sellable assets , eduard doesn’t want to be there and isn’t now a first team regular and in the final 18 months of his contract , I’d doubt they’d get the 20 million they’re hoping for .

ntcham Is getting game time but he’s looks terrible and had been lost in games versus our midfield , perhaps he only shone against poor Rangers teams .

imo Lennon will be given a stay of execution at least until the game versus us . Hopefully by then we have opened up a real gap

Thing is bud, I don't know their run of games, but I don't believe any will be harder than last week away to Hibs and they salvaged a point at the death. So basically, I'm not looking for any favours there.

WE, need to stay focussed, that is the main thing.

Without hexing things, this time around, if we do take it 'one-game-at-a-time, we'll be in a better place than the last two seasons, when the title was there to be won.

Softly, softly, we don't get carried away and enjoy what could be the most wonderful of all timplosions.

We win this title and I fully expect the word 'timplosion' to make the official Oxford Dictionary.

ntcham Is getting game time but he’s looks terrible and had been lost in games versus our midfield , perhaps he only shone against poor Rangers teams .

One thing we can’t dispute is the they have managed to bankroll a decent chunk of their waste with 3 or 4 big incoming fees.
Without that they truly would be screwed as the amount they have wasted on utter dross over the past 5 years and the sheer numbers of them are joyful.
I think Edouard is a good player but he clearly doesn’t want to be there and neither do quite a few others (even admitted by Neic)
He’s not been arsed all season, scored a good goal on Thursday in Europe where there is some chance of getting other clubs interested then couldn’t get off quick enough when it was clearly another shit show.

We must keep the pedal to the metal as the pressure cooker over there is ramping up by the week. If we keep winning they can do nothing and the longer that gap stays the more chance it widens.

not a chance imo

£5 million for barkas
£5 million for ajeti
£3 million for turnbull
£3 million Taylor
£3 million bolingoli
£2 million soro
£7.5 million big julie

Far too many of their signings are bought on the basis of not what they can bring to the team or as a like for like replacement but the basis of potential profit which would make you think an accountant is making most of their signings
They have done well out of some signings but its probably levelled out by some of the dross that they have signed

Based on his contract and the fact they probably won’t sell him to the end of the season, I reckon they may be lucky to get £10mil

I think the bheast supporters believe that Liewell has too much input into their transfer policy. He likes to appoint managers he can control/bully.

Edouard will be eligible to sign a pre contract agreement this summer to a non UK side so they could end up getting zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back