Kevin Clancy is the personification why English refs are required to state their footballing allegiances

So, I'm not the best with words and articulating things the way it sounds in my mind, but I'll give this a go cause it bothers me the amount of fans who come out with the naive ideas that "as long as we play well, it doesn't matter bout the ref". It does. Last night shows that.

Those with this view, don't clutter up ma thread. I'm no disagreeing with you that we were gash last night. But at the same time, on the same pitch, something else was occurring. The two things can be exclusive

So, in England, the sensible agreed idea is that referees are like everyone else and support a particular team. Stands to reason, they don't ever officiate that teams matches. In Scotland, it's purely because of the numbers of refs we have that we can't follow suit, but that leaves the undoubted truth the refs still support certain teams.

Kevin Clancy clearly does, and more accurate, holds a genuine disdain for Rangers. In big matches, he struggles to hide it. This logic, and his otherwise inexcusable performances repeatedly against us, is also the reason the club SHOULD be calling him out, and officially requesting he doesn't referee any of our matches again.....he simply cannot be trusted, and in practice repeatedly has failed, to be impartial.

Not that I feel compelled to be nice to this cretin, it's almost and to a certain degree, not his fault. He has an innate predisposition to view and make decisions against us given his makeup. You can't switch this off for 90mins. It's like you or I refereeing that game last night. Even if we tried hard (and I'm not too sure Clancy does), we will simply view things different than if an Aberdeen fan was refereeing. And both of us will be different from a real life 'neutral'

Clancy hates Rangers. So when he sees borderline ridiculous clown antics of Brown, he genuinely thinks blame lies with the Rangers player. He thinks when Aberdeen players go down, it must be a Rangers player doing wrong. He can't accept an Aberdeen player makes contact with a Rangers player nose, despite blood from the impact, as anything other than a mistake. But other way around, same scenario, would undoubtedly have seen a card for one of ours.

The man awarded 21 fouls against us, sent off a player for 2 non existent bookings, yellow carded Hagi early on when he could easily have not (don't bring out the 'rule book' cause same rule book was ignored at the moving ball penalty), booked Morelos for penalty shitey handball and missed Hayes elbowing 2 Rangers players.

Refs make mistakes. Clancy made one last night at the McGregor (non) penalty. Don't think for a second cause that wasn't awarded that either Clancy isn't kicking himself in hindsight when he realised there was contact, or that it somehow discredits the idea he hates us and this hatred directly influences his decision making.

I saw a ref at the weekend AC Milan game make a howling mistake, apparently he was in tears thereafter. Mistakes happen. Bad games happen. Some refs are just poor - Alan Muir, Steven McLean et al

In Scotland, some refs are tainted by their fear to award against Celtic due to years of a wise PR machine- step up Madden and Beaton.....that's a different story

And some refs hate teams, but hand on heart, none fail to hide it more than Clancy versus Rangers (though Don Robertson comes close and last nights 4th official David Munros worth the watching)

Some are able to be impartial despite things - I think Collum and Walsh fall into this category

Numbers of refs apart, were we to have the same sensible rule as England, Clancy wouldn't be allowed near us. He is simply unable to be fair minded any more than I could if I had to referee Celtic, or any game involving Brown. His cheating did and always will, impact us whe were playing.....its just when were on it, it's less noticeable.

The man can't be allowed to referee Rangers ever again. But of course, he will. That's what's wrong and that's what should be questioned

M8, I agree 100% on Munro.

But hey we know we have the yellow bellied non domination refs to sit beside the compliance officer. And all other are cheats and bigots. The only ref that seem to be worth his salt is Collum who calls it as he sees it. And yet he is pathetic at him job, in fact I would go as much to say he should never be a ref.

But hey ho!

Whilst these refs bend over backwards to appease the club that is FOREVER calling them out. In fact their chairman only did so a month back at the AGM. Demanding they want Foreign refs in Scotland. Our wet hankie Managing Director backs the Scottish refs to the hilt. I think he needs to go back to Spec Savers as I honestly dont see what he does and cant understand his motive. If its to try and make friends then the only board room he should be attending is an under 7 tiddlywinks group.

The biggest cheat in Scottish football history. Barely a peep about it.
He was called out by Michael Beale after his disgraceful performance at the piggery, Beale was given a 5 match ban, It should have been mentioned at the next press conference that we as a club are not happy regards our coach getting banned for telling the truth, instead we remained silent and basically condoned the punishment, I know some will say we would get another punishment but even the blind can see this referee cannot leave his allegiances in the dressing room
We were dreadful on Tuesday, make no mistake, but it does not take away the clear inadequacy or clear bias that this man portrays whilst refereeing our games

There wasn’t any way we were winning that last night. He was pure and utter cheating there’s no doubting it. 21 fouls to 7 tells you everything you need to know, when Aberdeen were kicking us all over the park.

Hayes should’ve been off, burst Bornas nose with nothing done about it when on a yellow. The penalty shouldn’t have been given as there was a foul before it, it then should’ve been retaken and even the Aberdeen manager said he thought it would be a retake when the ball moved. Mccrorie should’ve been on a yellow before his dangerous foul on Morelos, should’ve been off. Kent being red carded for two nothing fouls after Aberdeen players were getting away with brutal fouls. Even playing an extra bit at the very end for no reason whatsoever, the Aberdeen keeper had the ball at 94:00 but was allowed to go for one last attack. Aberdeen using rugby scrum tactics to push players onside ignored by the ref and linesman. Goldson was having his shirt near ripped off him in the box near the end, should’ve been a pen to us. Hagi getting a yellow for stopping a free kick, but brown can pick the ball up and throw it away with nothing being said.

I could go on and on.

I know we didn’t play well but it really wasn’t a level playing field last night. We couldn’t do anything, couldn’t win 50/50s, couldn’t shoulder tackle, couldn’t show any aggression, without being punished. The players must’ve been scunnered with it.
Spot on. Aberdeen fans are going to find out that Clancy is an out and out cheat when he is given their next game against separate entity fc. We'll see how much Aberdeen players get away with then. I'll make a prediction. Aberdeen will have six yellows and be moaning about decisions.

So, I'm not the best with words and articulating things the way it sounds in my mind, but I'll give this a go cause it bothers me the amount of fans who come out with the naive ideas that "as long as we play well, it doesn't matter bout the ref". It does. Last night shows that.

Those with this view, don't clutter up ma thread. I'm no disagreeing with you that we were gash last night. But at the same time, on the same pitch, something else was occurring. The two things can be exclusive

So, in England, the sensible agreed idea is that referees are like everyone else and support a particular team. Stands to reason, they don't ever officiate that teams matches. In Scotland, it's purely because of the numbers of refs we have that we can't follow suit, but that leaves the undoubted truth the refs still support certain teams.

Kevin Clancy clearly does, and more accurate, holds a genuine disdain for Rangers. In big matches, he struggles to hide it. This logic, and his otherwise inexcusable performances repeatedly against us, is also the reason the club SHOULD be calling him out, and officially requesting he doesn't referee any of our matches again.....he simply cannot be trusted, and in practice repeatedly has failed, to be impartial.

Not that I feel compelled to be nice to this cretin, it's almost and to a certain degree, not his fault. He has an innate predisposition to view and make decisions against us given his makeup. You can't switch this off for 90mins. It's like you or I refereeing that game last night. Even if we tried hard (and I'm not too sure Clancy does), we will simply view things different than if an Aberdeen fan was refereeing. And both of us will be different from a real life 'neutral'

Clancy hates Rangers. So when he sees borderline ridiculous clown antics of Brown, he genuinely thinks blame lies with the Rangers player. He thinks when Aberdeen players go down, it must be a Rangers player doing wrong. He can't accept an Aberdeen player makes contact with a Rangers player nose, despite blood from the impact, as anything other than a mistake. But other way around, same scenario, would undoubtedly have seen a card for one of ours.

The man awarded 21 fouls against us, sent off a player for 2 non existent bookings, yellow carded Hagi early on when he could easily have not (don't bring out the 'rule book' cause same rule book was ignored at the moving ball penalty), booked Morelos for penalty shitey handball and missed Hayes elbowing 2 Rangers players.

Refs make mistakes. Clancy made one last night at the McGregor (non) penalty. Don't think for a second cause that wasn't awarded that either Clancy isn't kicking himself in hindsight when he realised there was contact, or that it somehow discredits the idea he hates us and this hatred directly influences his decision making.

I saw a ref at the weekend AC Milan game make a howling mistake, apparently he was in tears thereafter. Mistakes happen. Bad games happen. Some refs are just poor - Alan Muir, Steven McLean et al

In Scotland, some refs are tainted by their fear to award against Celtic due to years of a wise PR machine- step up Madden and Beaton.....that's a different story

And some refs hate teams, but hand on heart, none fail to hide it more than Clancy versus Rangers (though Don Robertson comes close and last nights 4th official David Munros worth the watching)

Some are able to be impartial despite things - I think Collum and Walsh fall into this category

Numbers of refs apart, were we to have the same sensible rule as England, Clancy wouldn't be allowed near us. He is simply unable to be fair minded any more than I could if I had to referee Celtic, or any game involving Brown. His cheating did and always will, impact us whe were playing.....its just when were on it, it's less noticeable.

The man can't be allowed to referee Rangers ever again. But of course, he will. That's what's wrong and that's what should be questioned
Excellent post sir

It is always something we have had to contend with, we had Thomson and before that Khenny Clarke, all out and out rhabids who dont hide it with no criticism on them.

I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure in England, if a ref said he supports a team this just means he can't referee his team's matches. It doesn't preclude him from refereeing his team's rival's matches. I'm sure I heard that on a podcast.

If we were to copy their setup it might actually hinder us here!

The problem is in Scotland the majority of support is Rangers or Celtic. It wouldn't be possible to have matches without a Celtic fan as a ref in our games and vice versa.

One possible solution is we start using refs from oversees. These days they could ref it remotely by watching anywhere in the world. Have comms set up with an official on the pitch who simply informs the players of the remote refs decision.

The days of trying to influence the ref would be over as the decision maker isnt even on the pitch.

This ofcourse won't happen but atleast I killed some time at work typing this up haha

Albion Rovers and Partick Thistle would never be able to play a match with the number of Tims that would declare for them.

Clancy and Robertson cannot hide their dislike if Rangers. They are unable to go about their work in a professional manner. In any other profession they would be out the door in a heartbeat.

I think it's down to the Rangers media that are in for press conference's such as David Edgar and other Rangers fans to start highlighting it at press conference's to get it out there and not let it go silent every time. Hopefully it gets brought up on Thursday at the press conference
Yes I agree, Rangers media will have to highlight it for us fans plus should our SLO not be doing same? Something has to be done, it is us fans who are the club, we have spoken so our mouth pieces need to listen and do as we are demanding.

La liga refs accumulate points and if theyre crap theyre relegated. Simple. It seems like its aw jobs for the boys with the sfa at this stage. How fan an incompetent ref be allowed to make the same mistakes again and again.

I suggested our MD stopped backing refs and instead released a political statement at an organised press conference today, with the words:

"With a heavy heart, myself and indeed our club today believe now is the right time for the introduction of foreign refs as Celtic have demanded."

I posted this earlier but it was removed by admin (maybe they deemed it did not warrant a thread on its own), dont know why really as got no indication!

Its time to get political.

RCs make up approx 17% of the population in Scotland, so proportionately 1 in 6 refs MAY support celtic. This means a much larger number probably have Rangers leanings. Unfortunately we know which team would successfully turn the narrative so they were the victims.
I see this falsehood stated as fact on here all the time, it simply isn't true and hasn't been since the seventies. I'd say it's more like 30 to 40% in the central belt and slightly lower in the rest of the country.
Intermarriage has decimated the the protestant majority over the last 40 to 50 years
The 17% myth is one that they're happy to peddle as it suits their agenda.

I see this falsehood stated as fact on here all the time, it simply isn't true and hasn't been since the seventies. I'd say it's more like 30 to 40% in the central belt and slightly lower in the rest of the country.
Intermarriage has decimated the the protestant majority over the last 40 to 50 years

Its actually 15.9% in Scotland according to demographics in 2011 and was forecasted to be falling since.

Go on give me your source. And dont give me the demographics of a specific village unless we can only source refs from Croy.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Scotland

Kevin, check
Clancy, check
RC, check
Scum supporting family, check
Former visitor to Parkhead for games, check

I don't know how much more proof we need.

The 90s zapped it out of them, anyone who was around then will remember the programme that was on TV and they sang "who's the Mason in the black". They then insured that decades of their own got involved.

Remember the abuse one of their own took in the 3.1 game. Collum got abuse all over the place for seeing and giving a penalty.

Add the fact that there has been a downturn in folk attending CoS.

They numbers are about right IMO.

The problem is in Scotland the majority of support is Rangers or Celtic. It wouldn't be possible to have matches without a Celtic fan as a ref in our games and vice versa.

One possible solution is we start using refs from oversees. These days they could ref it remotely by watching anywhere in the world. Have comms set up with an official on the pitch who simply informs the players of the remote refs decision.

The days of trying to influence the ref would be over as the decision maker isnt even on the pitch.

This ofcourse won't happen but atleast I killed some time at work typing this up haha

That's waaaaaaaaaayyyy out there mate. Get back to work :))

FFS, a Rangers leaning referee. Where do we find one of them. Tiny Wharton was the last.
How did you know Wharton was Rangers leaning?
Genuinely interested.
I watched his career and found him totally impartial, if not perfect.
His career encompassed Celtc's best period ever, as well.

Even if the question were asked, he would lie about it. That's what they do.

It shouldn't be left to the individuals word...it wouldn't be hard to prove me a liar if I tried to make out I didn't support Rangers to get a certain position of responsibility.

Simple investigation would catch all these referees out if they claimed to support a small SPFL side or Junior team in their local area and while we all know how Scotland currency is I can't see it being difficult to catch the likes of Clancy out when he might tell his SFA employers he supports Dumbarton or the likes.

Where do you get the 30-40% from.?
The Scottish Social Attitude Survey of 2014 put the RCs figure in Scotland at 14%. The last formal Census of 2001 put it at 16% so unless there's been a massive recruitment drive or they've been breeding like rabbits your figures are grossly inflated.

Genuinely interested.
Genuinely interested.
It’s because he was straight and impartial that made him appear Rangers leaning. Could you imagine him reffing today. Broken windaes on a regular basis.

I think it's down to the Rangers media that are in for press conference's such as David Edgar and other Rangers fans to start highlighting it at press conference's to get it out there and not let it go silent every time. Hopefully it gets brought up on Thursday at the press conference
Excellent point. We know MSM won’t highlight it so surely our own fan media will not let it go silent.

Wouldn’t make a difference in Scotland.

What ref would deliberately sabotage his own career by excluding himself from the only high profile games in the country?

They would just pretend to support St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc.

Would are people actually proposing? It’s not only Celtic fans who hate us. Also, not every Celtic or Aberdeen fan is a bitter cheat, and not every St Mirren, St Johnstone fan doesn’t hate us. I don’t think this is workable in Scotland.

Would are people actually proposing? It’s not only Celtic fans who hate us. Also, not every Celtic or Aberdeen fan is a bitter cheat, and not every St Mirren, St Johnstone fan doesn’t hate us. I don’t think this is workable in Scotland.
It's not, but won't stop folk rattling on about the same unworkable scenarios such as foreign refs etc.

Add the fact aberdeens penalty should never have stood due to the push on Barisic and you have the perfect post mate.

If Sir Alex Ferguson thought a ref had it in for his team, he'd put that ref under pressure at a Press Conference before an important game was played. We know Clancy hates us, but we allow him to continue to cheat us, season after season.
This ^^^

In order to avoid this we've adopted the "keep your powder dry", "dignified silence" & "not befitting of a Rangers manager" mentality in the past.

It's time to put these guys under pressure.

So let's say that other refs see that performance. If they hate Rangers they can see exactly how much they can get away with and it's a lot. The scum can't remain professional. Clancy "wannabes" will be along soon.

Ideally I'd like to see professional English refs used in Scottish football, those that are away from the goldfish bowl that is the game up here. Won't happen though.

It’s because he was straight and impartial that made him appear Rangers leaning. Could you imagine him reffing today. Broken windaes on a regular basis.
I never heard any indication he supported or favoured Rangers.
Over the years there has been a lot of decent referees that emerged from Scotland, along with the poor ones, usually, it becomes difficult to say which team they support because they do their job so well and maintain a professional and neutral stance as much as possible when in public.

However, it is almost impossible for a person to come through the Roman Catholic school system in Scotland and support Rangers and usually not to support The Filth.
Almost impossible but I know some manage it.
This means that, unlike the State school system, already this part of the nurturing culture is turning out a very groomed mindset.

Back