Kevin Clancy referee on Sunday

The push on Helander was flagged for what it was a foul to us but it would have been very easy to give ,Thomson would have blew a penalty every day of the week .
Helander booking bizarre to say the least but overall got most things right.

Never a penalty what game were you watching

I was watching the same game as yourself, I assume.

I didn't say it was or should have been a penalty.

It would have been easy for Clancy to say he had not seen the initial foul on Helander that resulted in the St Mirren player hitting the deck if he was a "cheat".

Started making stuff up the later the game went. Still felt his performance was low level corrupt at times. Stealth cheating in the Thompson mould ..... but diluted a bit. He made plenty of non-existent fouls up after we scored.

I was watching the same game as yourself, I assume.

I didn't say it was or should have been a penalty.

It would have been easy for Clancy to say he had not seen the initial foul on Helander that resulted in the St Mirren player hitting the deck if he was a "cheat".

Lol.

For Clancy, he had a good game.....
Was delighted Alfredo gave him nothing to flash a card at.

He's a clown, we picked up the ball on the edge of the box yet he pulled play back for a free kick even though Tav got up & got on with it it advantage was lost due to his idiotic decision making.

The booking of Helander was ridiculous trying to justify it by pointing at different areas of the park the player did no wrong.

A complete fraud masquerading as Impartial.

He had a good game today.

In fact, the refs have been mostly ok in all our games so far.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

I can't either. He wasn't as bad as he usually is but, then, that's no real standard to measure by, is it?

We didn't give him much to do us harm with, although he could have blown for a laughable penalty for them when Helander got fouled in our box. Two other Helander incidents, when he got fouled and then when he got booked were just ridiculous. Ditto foul given against Aribo when he won the ball cleanly, without studs showing, and the SM boy injured himself kicking JA's foot.

Last edited:
Christ some of you are like that east end bunch of whingers. Yes he made mistakes but haven't we all when required to make an instantaneous decision.

I thought that he had a goos, and fair, game

Christ some of you are like that east end bunch of whingers. Yes he made mistakes but haven't we all when required to make an instantaneous decision.

I thought that he had a goos, and fair, game

Yeah, they even themselves out, don't they? Tell me any blatant mistakes he made, or has ever made, that have gone in our favour.

A surprisingly good game for him apart from the bizarre Helander booking. I thought they were supposed to be sure of what they saw?
It was a good game ‘apart from the bizarre helander booking’’
Are you for real?

Hellander getting booked was his only error, which for a full game is fine.

Hopefully makes a few tin pot conspiracy theorists think again. I doubt it though.
You can level that with him not booking Tav early on.
A couple of iffy decisions, got the main ones correct.
I think 'Crags' is still poring over replays in an attempt to find something that shows St Mirren should have had a penalty.

It was a good game ‘apart from the bizarre helander booking’’
Are you for real?
That’s a load of rubbish.
Was he %^*&.
The ref today cheated.
Where you watching the same game as me?
No he wasn’t
No it wasn’t a good game for the ref,he cheated and it was blatantly obvious.
iStock-511477996.jpg

You can level that with him not booking Tav early on.
A couple of iffy decisions, got the main ones correct.
I think 'Crags' is still poring over replays in an attempt to find something that shows St Mirren should have had a penalty.
For a supposed Rangers man ‘Crags’ does come out with some amount of crap.

He is just trying to keep himself relevant in his media position I suppose.

For a supposed Rangers man ‘Crags’ does come out with some amount of crap.

He is just trying to keep himself relevant in his media position I suppose.

I get that they'll analyse any contentious decisions but after several replays, even Sutton laughed off the penalty claim, he still wanted to see something there.

He also tried to claim that St Mirren should have had a free kick instead of us getting the one Borna scored from.

If anyone actually believes this guy is a Rangers fan then perhaps they can help me get my personal fortune of $500m from Nigeria.
All I need is their bank details.

Only mistake for me was the Helander booking- over all, good game from him
At least we know the strips are made out of good material as the St. Midden player that had a handful of Helander's earlier stretched it about 2ft. and it didn't rip we should do a short video on it showing the merits of the strip and for Clancy's sake as well.

Clancy had a decent game by his standards. Did really well for the penalty claim as most refs would be choking to give it regardless of the foul in the build up. I agree with the Helander booking, looked soft to me and the other dodgy one was Helander and Morais. Morais just about took Helander's shirt off and somehow got the free kick. I think the ref's seem better because we have better control but I would like to be 2 goals up going into the last ten minutes as you can never trust them.

Clancy had a decent game by his standards. Did really well for the penalty claim as most refs would be choking to give it regardless of the foul in the build up. I agree with the Helander booking, looked soft to me and the other dodgy one was Helander and Morais. Morais just about took Helander's shirt off and somehow got the free kick. I think the ref's seem better because we have better control but I would like to be 2 goals up going into the last ten minutes as you can never trust them.

This is exactly how I saw his performance yesterday.

It was noticeable watching on TV as compared to being there how much talking he did with players. That surprised me.

'Clancy had a decent game by his standards' Agree with this, apart from the bizarre booking of Helander. It is just a pity that his usual standards are lower than a snake's balls in a hole.

Back