Kevin Keegan (still alive)

About 12 years ago my wife had a wee cafe in Castle Douglas. i came in from work for lunch & walked right past him. He was sitting at a table on his own having a snack & reading the paper quite happily. My Mrs said she recognised him from somewhere & I had a look & told her who it was. He was friendly to our waitress who came from Wigan & he was happy to chat away to her for a while. Came across as very down to earth & just wanted to be treated as an ordinary punter.Nice lad.

Was just coming on to post the same thing. I haven't read the book, just listened to their 44 episode breakdown/loving piss take of it, but the impression from that was that was that Keegan came across as a decent, and genuine (but slightly eccentric) bloke, maybe a bit too honest for his own good.

People will either love this or be on here posting how the podcasters are completely unfunny twats and they switched it off after 10 minutes.

If anyone does like it, go back and listen to their World Cup reviews and initial breakdowns of 90s premier league seasons. The opening 5 mins of the South Africa one featuring Colonel Gaddafi, Zacumi the World Cup mascot and a scaffolding poll is my personal favourite.

My mate put me on to this podcast, I listened to the episodes on Keane's books, then Keegan book, found both of them pretty funny.

Back