Kevin Kelly cannae mind

t
There appears to be a culture of corruption bubbling underneath the surface of Scottish society.
One that takes its lead from the political class in Holyrood who seem incapable of separating their selfish political interests from their job of overseeing a modern liberal democracy where answering to the electorates requirements should be their first and foremost duty.

Sadly the big boys in Westminster seem unaware that they have allowed a banana republic to fester under their noses and one where political midgets are running wild and out of control.

When we see the sheer arrogant manner that allows evidence to be casually mislaid in major criminal cases to suit the political establishment and where the police are little better than goosestepping party members, we have to wake up.

Scotland is tumbling into a political crisis and at the very heart of this decay is Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish National Party.

Wake up before it is too late!

thats what holyrood and westminster have in common then,corrupt to the core all of them

Maybe some of the bears who use Twitter could ask our favourite police spokesman if he'd like to comment on Kelly's claims about what the police told him .....you know the guy who lied about us after Hampden a few years ago along with that cow from the record....can't remember his name.
Steele ?

Hope this all speeds up before any of the liars croak it. They must all be tried for what they knew about and chose to ignore it.

There is no way the police would say stick to your statement. Clearly that's their lawyer who has told him to say that.

As for not remembering you were a director of trophy centre, come on, how long before he plays the dementia card?
It’s ok we will help him out the fukin nounce

Genuinely cringing reading that, he can’t remember being a director of the trophy centre yet he was one for years and Celtic paid a fortune into them.

The police told him to stick to his story??

What in the name of %^*& is going on here?
It’s truly horrifying mate.

With every story that comes out it gets more sickening, they need to put an end to this shit!

Admit it, look after the victims and move on the best you can.

Told by the police to stick to his story eh? More evidence they're hoping this is all going to fizzle out without outing CFC as conspirators. The thing is Kevin, you fûcking lying beast, Alan Brazil has already publically claimed that senior figures in the Celtic boardroom knew all about it, including your brother Michael

The cover up continues to this day. It's a fucking disgrace
Imagine any scenario were ur mates or work folk sit a bunch of u down and explain how to cover up child abuse, I’ve no doubt the guy would take a kicking! How was there not one, not a single one with a backbone to stand up for these kids

Pants on fire

This goes so deep and is needing to be unearthed - No stopping this now !

Only one man woud take on manager of this rancid club and that is TLB - they are discredited now and he is one who also knew !

FORMER Celtic chairman Kevin Kelly has claimed ignorance of his business links with Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett.

And Kelly, who was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – has told the Daily Record he has “no knowledge of the past”.
Speaking for the first time since the abuse scandal emerged, he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

The Daily Record revealed last month details of a 1986 probe by the Celtic FC board into allegations of boys being taken to weekend tournaments that did not exist, boys being taken out socially and boys being late home from training.
It appeared to be at odds with Celtic’s claim that the boys’ club was “entirely separate” from Celtic FC and that the club had first learned of allegations against boys’ club predators in the 90s.

Four paedophiles from the boys’ club have been convicted in recent months of preying on children.

At the time of the 1986 probe, Kelly, now 81, was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.
When we visited Kelly at his home, he was reluctant to discuss the abuse scandal. Asked about the 1986 probe, he said: “I’ve nothing to say about that.
“The club are looking into all these things, so I’m quite happy about that.
“No, sorry about that. As I say I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything.”

We put it to Kelly the 1986 probe by Celtic FC had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”.

Many of Torbett’s victims were abused after he had been cleared by Celtic FC. Kelly said: “I’m quite happy for the club to do whatever they have to do. Those who committed crimes are in jail and that’s where they should be. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

When we asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he said: “I wasn’t a director.”
We put it to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company.
He said: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”
Asked if he had knowledge at the time of what was going on, Kelly said: “Not at all, I’d never have joined it if I knew that.

“A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”
Records show Kelly became a director of the Trophy Centre in October 1989. Torbett was first convicted of sexually abusing three boys in 1998 and jailed for two years. But Kelly remained a director of the Trophy Centre until 2005.

Boys’ club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years. Former general manager Cairney was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and Celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school, but avoided jail. Records also show that Kelly and Torbett were the sole directors of a now dissolved company – Panrole Ltd – set up in April 1991.
Helene Gray, 71, whose son Andrew was a victim of Torbett at Celtic Boys’ Club, said: “There are many who held authority who continue to deny and deflect from what my son and many other young boys suffered whilst in their care at Celtic Boys’ Club. Their silence and denial is sickening.”

Andrew died after an accident on holiday aged 41. His testimony helped convict Torbett.

DrV1bTxXQAEpBI1560170454.jpg

He will probably be found wandering the streets in daylight in his pyjamas and housecoat, an old Mafia don trick.

Similar to the former SNP MSP Natalie McGarry who somewhat coincidentally managed to get herself pregnant roughly 6 weeks before her court date when she knew she was in for jail time.

The levels these creatures will go to in an attempt to avoid justice beggars belief.

‘I’ll be in the nick in 2 months, quick, pump me and get me up the stick, I’ll get some time off’

I would not be at all surprised to see Kevin suddenly developing Alzheimer's so as to exclude himself from being called as a potential witness in any ongoing investigation.

It's not the iron clad defence that people believe.

As long as the case against is using reasonably evidenced material all that happens now is that he can't refute it due to mental impairment.

Anyone who thinks that the ex labour diaspora politicians who defected to the SNP, their handlers, the diocese et al were not mobilised so as to lessen the impact of this horror story is patently deluding themselves.

The attempted murder of our club was no accident either, nor was it’s timing, coinciding with a fervent nationalism. The control of the media, general disaffection for our club, place men in positions of influence, banks HMRC etc were all used to create an opposition vacuum in Scotland.

They have thus far got away with state aid, preferential interest rates through cronieism, fraudulent land deals, more state aid, the infiltration and control of our football bodies and establishment through garnering control of the recruitment process.

They, up until now have been exceedingly cock sure of themselves, such has been their control of the political, legal, mass media and football landscapes. This scandal has undoubtedly shaken their confidence, but unlike our tax woes they don’t have the rest of Scottish football and fervent nationalists with a vested interest baying for blood 24x7.

Unless the rest of Scotland and it’s football clubs can be mobilised to see the damage this whole sordid affair has wrought on its thus far disenfranchised victims and the potential damage to the country’s reputation. I can see no more than a slap on the wrist and some financial inconvenience being meted out to that disgusting club.

We should be asking Scotland’s football clubs who actually benefited from the demise of our club other than the filth. The economics of our game, it’s image (uncompetitive one horse race), the National side all suffered due to the unprecedented and illegal treatment of Rangers FC.

If sporting integrity and the moral high ground were their rational for screwing us then surely the case against Celtc which includes over and above the cataclysmic systemic child abuse, fraud, state aid etc, etc...Should see them demoted to the ranks of the Junior game or more appropriately, closed down in perpetuity.

The Kelly’s, Mcginn’s et al are up to their eyes in this cover up of that there is no doubt.

Anyone else suspect that the Rhecord ran this story( a story incidentally that could have been published years ago) by Mr Liewell?
Throw a soon to be diagnosed dementia dinosaur under the bus to take the heat off the present powers that be and their fake inquiry.

Coppers have serious questions to be answered now also.

I think that might be the problem getting to the bottom of this. Too many people with influence could get dragged into this if it isn't shut up. Too may people with influence would have to find answers to some difficult questions. Also, I don't doubt for a minute there were/are people in the media who knew about this but sat on it.

is it not very very sinister that this piece of excrement didn't just tell them to FO or no comment his way out of the doorstepping

its almost as if he thinks his body swerve is in the bag what with the "i'm happy" with "the investigation"

what is now of utmost importance is an outside Police Force is called in to investigate this

Genuine point/question and doesn’t absolve anyone in the slightest.

A lot of the accusations against the mhank Board of the mid 80s is that they covered the abuse up. That they knew about it and swept it under the carpet.

If that was the case why would they report their findings in public in the Celtic View.

Playing devils advocate - they received complaints, investigated said complaints, found no evidence and reported it in the Celtic View.

Now was the investigation thorough? Clearly not - the fact there’s been so many convictions tells us that.

Should the complaints have been passed to the police? Absolutely - although they may argue they didn’t have any evidence and by putting it in the public domain it raised attention.

Did they cover it up? That’s where I’m confused now. They clearly weren’t as transparent as you’d expect - but if covering it up why would they report it in a public magazine?

As I say - the Celtic Board at the time have serious questions over their handling of the situation, and individuals clearly didn’t do all they should have.

But responsibility from what I’ve seen is more at the corporate level than an individual one. The club is responsible, not the individuals. Too easy for Celtic and the media to hang an old man out to dry.

Celtic Boys' Club founder guilty of shameless indecency; Anger over allegations suggesting that Jock Stein was involved in 20-year cover-up". Herald Scotland. 13 November 1998. Retrieved 7 December 2017.

Former Celtic directors Mr Kevin Kelly, 61, and Mr James Farrell, 77, said they never heard of any allegations concerning the accused and Mr Kelly, a director in Torbett's Trophy Centre business, denied ever talking to Mr Birt about the matter.

How can you launch an internal investigation into "scurrilous allegations" if you've never heard of the allegations in the first place?
It’s easy when you are lying scumbag bast@rd in the first place, I guess.

Anyone who thinks that the ex labour diaspora politicians who defected to the SNP, their handlers, the diocese et al were not mobilised so as to lessen the impact of this horror story is patently deluding themselves.

The attempted murder of our club was no accident either, nor was it’s timing, coinciding with a fervent nationalism. The control of the media, general disaffection for our club, place men in positions of influence, banks HMRC etc were all used to create an opposition vacuum in Scotland.

They have thus far got away with state aid, preferential interest rates through cronieism, fraudulent land deals, more state aid, the infiltration and control of our football bodies and establishment through garnering control of the recruitment process.

They, up until now have been exceedingly cock sure of themselves, such has been their control of the political, legal, mass media and football landscapes. This scandal has undoubtedly shaken their confidence, but unlike our tax woes they don’t have the rest of Scottish football and fervent nationalists with a vested interest baying for blood 24x7.

Unless the rest of Scotland and it’s football clubs can be mobilised to see the damage this whole sordid affair has wrought on its thus far disenfranchised victims and the potential damage to the country’s reputation. I can see no more than a slap on the wrist and some financial inconvenience being meted out to that disgusting club.

We should be asking Scotland’s football clubs who actually benefited from the demise of our club other than the filth. The economics of our game, it’s image (uncompetitive one horse race), the National side all suffered due to the unprecedented and illegal treatment of Rangers FC.

If sporting integrity and the moral high ground were their rational for screwing us then surely the case against Celtc which includes over and above the cataclysmic systemic child abuse, fraud, state aid etc, etc...Should see them demoted to the ranks of the Junior game or more appropriately, closed down in perpetuity.

The Kelly’s, Mcginn’s et al are up to their eyes in this cover up of that there is no doubt.

I'm inclined to agree with most of that.

Any independent enquiry will likely take years and I'd imagine be inconclusive

I can't see how they can wriggle out of compensation though given the inextricable links between CBC and CFC (a point that is being wilfully rewritten by the media at the moment is McCafferty as part of the Boys Club when he was an employee of the football club at the time his crimes were committed).

I think they'll be forced to bite the bullet on the compo, but I strongly suspect it'll be a manageable sum they're eventually forced to stump up (I'm guessing here but, something in the region of £5m).

The political-media axis will then be at pains to commend Celtic for righting the wrongs of the past then everyone will just dust their hands off and carry on as if nothing ever happened.

A lot of the accusations against the mhank Board of the mid 80s is that they covered the abuse up. That they knew about it and swept it under the carpet.

If that was the case why would they report their findings in public in the Celtic View.

Playing devils advocate - they received complaints, investigated said complaints, found no evidence and reported it in the Celtic View.

Now was the investigation thorough? Clearly not - the fact there’s been so many convictions tells us that.

Should the complaints have been passed to the police? Absolutely - although they may argue they didn’t have any evidence and by putting it in the public domain it raised attention.

Did they cover it up? That’s where I’m confused now. They clearly weren’t as transparent as you’d expect - but if covering it up why would they report it in a public magazine?

As I say - the Celtic Board at the time have serious questions over their handling of the situation, and individuals clearly didn’t do all they should have.

But responsibility from what I’ve seen is more at the corporate level than an individual one. The club is responsible, not the individuals. Too easy for Celtic and the media to hang an old man out to dry.
'Scurrilous accusations' they called it,they denied it ever happened so by printing that they thought it would be 'buried forever', their words. That being published was part of the cover up.

FFS THEY don't do any investigation that is the job of the police

CALL THE FUCKING POLICE

"ur you a nonce?"

"naw"

"see? we telt yees"

Your post alone confirms that he's lying.

Just had a quick read through this thread and it appears that the foundations at the Chamber of Secrets are crumbling. The more people who try and distance themselves from this, or who try and protect that vile club, the more they look ridiculous.

They are in full blown panic mode now, that's clear to see and I hope the victims are getting some satisfaction in watching them implode. Hopefully they'll get what they more than deserve soon, including the important closure.

Every story we hear now, they're digging a bigger hole for themselves, but every story also must be heart-breaking for the victims. The rats are treating the victims appallingly and compounding their pain. This is a club that they loved and they're being treated like dirt by them.

The piece on Kelly is ludicrous. He can't remember. Is that right aye? Laughable and they'll do just that in court. He'll be ripped to shreds.

The police told him to stick to his statement? They want him to stick to a statement that may be full of errors and not amend it to show a more accurate, truthful and overall relevant one? Virtually no chance they said that.

If it did verbally happen in his own home, etc, (even though it happened in his head), cops wouldn't admit to that. They'd put their head on the block by doing so.

If it happened whilst being interviewed at a Police Station and was recorded on some form of media (tape/disc), then that's a whole new ball game.

This piece of excrement knows plenty, no doubt whatsoever there.

It only takes one or two and it all crashes down around them. House of cards I think someone said?

“I cannae mind” the 1986 version of “my phone was hacked”

As far as scandal in sport nothing comes close. They’ve lied for years do the decent thing and tell the truth.

Any Rangers fan who votes SNP should be ashamed of themselves.

SNP did a pact with the devil with Salmond deciding that demonising everything Unionist to gain the Catholic vote was essential to gaining Independence.

This pact has meant that the SNP have failed to undertake their duty to serve all their constituents.

Rangers Football Club must be the only club in UK where its local MP does nothing to assist one of the larger employers, an institution with a proud history that is in their constituency.

Contrast Salmond trying to assist Hearts with Nicola and Rangers.

When Rangers were being pillaged by Whyte then Green, Nicola uttered nothing and did nothing to protect our club.

Now with the biggest known paedophile ring in world football operating in Scotland for over 40 years, the SNP have failed to order a public enquiry.

You vote SNP, you vote to put Independence before Child Protection.
This from the party who are trying to get Named Person legislation through to protect children, kind of blows a hole in their argument I think.

Is it possible that the police would clarify that this advice is correct? if so, are they the police or his council? It reads to me like someone squirming to put distance between them and the question asked.
Spot on. The police have no remit to counsel anyone involved.

Police Scotland should clarify their position.

Similar to the former SNP MSP Natalie McGarry who somewhat coincidentally managed to get herself pregnant roughly 6 weeks before her court date when she knew she was in for jail time.

The levels these creatures will go to in an attempt to avoid justice beggars belief.

‘I’ll be in the nick in 2 months, quick, pump me and get me up the stick, I’ll get some time off’

Not sure if that option is open to Kelly.
Anyway, he looks like a shunter, not a grunter. Still you never know with these people, the pope might step in with a wee miracle.

Back