Kevin Kelly cannae mind

Celtic Boys' Club founder guilty of shameless indecency; Anger over allegations suggesting that Jock Stein was involved in 20-year cover-up". Herald Scotland. 13 November 1998. Retrieved 7 December 2017.

Former Celtic directors Mr Kevin Kelly, 61, and Mr James Farrell, 77, said they never heard of any allegations concerning the accused and Mr Kelly, a director in Torbett's Trophy Centre business, denied ever talking to Mr Birt about the matter.

How can you launch an internal investigation into "scurrilous allegations" if you've never heard of the allegations in the first place?

Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice To Deceive

Where do you start with this? Kelly is up to his neck in this in my opinion. As we all know. This is a cover up of industrial proportions. Govt, football authorities, the polis, where does it end. Has this country no human decency denying the victims and their families true justice.

Excellent post and completely agree. Nothing new in this country tho, they have covered up peados for years. BOTH sides of the borders.

Last edited:
Surely somebody has to pressure the police into a statement on this. Whether its true or not They will have to say they didn't tell him to say that therefore showing he is telling lies. They are really digging a massive hole here.
The justice minister?

This guy?

205qreh.jpg

Yeah, good luck with that.

This cuuunt should be door stepped pronto.....

What a pathetic lying bastard Kelly is

Why has it taken 21 years since Torbett was first convicted for the newspapers to ask Kelly for comment and question him on who knew about the abuse

If we had proper mhedia outlets Kelly and McGinn would have been pushed for comment at the time

Now this lying bastard is embarrassing by trying to go down the “I can’t remember” line

Scumbag

Agreed, I would go one further and ask why the POLICE never investigated this further ...after the 86 scurillous claims coverup bullshit and then 91 cairney new jersey coverup then 96 torbett jailing etc fucking etc....

Strathcylde Police did %^*& all as well. They have a lot to answer for in this, as well as the mp's old and new. The Media, Police Scotland, Past and Present Governemtns have blood on their hands

Last edited:
The only thing that I can take from this whole sordid affair, and painting the most successful club in the world in the worst possible light, is this; we were hammered, almost put out of existence for dodging a few quid in tax. They are about to get done for sexually abusing children. What will be their punishment?

The only thing that I can take from this whole sordid affair, and painting the most successful club in the world in the worst possible light, is this; we were hammered, almost put out of existence for dodging a few quid in tax. They are about to get done for sexually abusing children. What will be their punishment?

Unfortunately I think the question is WILL there be a punishment?

Surely somebody has to pressure the police into a statement on this. Whether its true or not They will have to say they didn't tell him to say that therefore showing he is telling lies. They are really digging a massive hole here.

I'm sure the authorities could refresh his memory, the incredible thing in all this is the lack in urgency from the SNP hierarchy and the Police, remember the slow burn with Saville as those who had championed him ran for cover but once the dam bust then all hell was let loose as the truth came out, it will need the same scenario here to get to the bottom of all this, I think somebody will talk and then watch the conflagration erupt.

Anyone else suspect that the Rhecord ran this story( a story incidentally that could have been published years ago) by Mr Liewell?
Throw a soon to be diagnosed dementia dinosaur under the bus to take the heat off the present powers that be and their fake inquiry.

We need to calm down on the conspiracy theories, the Record and others have various information which is being drip fed for a reason. Mr Lieswell will not be controlling any of this, wait and see......

I have mutual friends with one of the victims family members. Word from them is that this cover up goes to the very top. The people who have kept this horrible tragedy suppressed from public scrutiny, and who continue to try and stop any or all talk of it are high up.

The Lawrence Haggert lad was mentioned aswell as being part of this.

Make no mistake, when this all unravels that club are going to be left with no where to turn. They must be punished for allowing those evil monsters to ruin countless lives while hiding behind the good name of Celtic.

Tic Toc......

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and suggest the current board feel the noose tightening and are using their stooges at the Record to start playing the 'historic abuse' card now that all their previous ploys and denials are looking rather threadbare.

They are most definitely on the back foot and not nearly as cocky and offhand as they've been to date.

I'm guessing Kevin Kelly and his contemporaries are about to be chucked under a bus and Lawwell will appear as a saviour figure to offer (derisory) compensation payments to try to claim some form of moral high ground.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and suggest the current board feel the noose tightening and are using their stooges at the Record to start playing the 'historic abuse' card now that all their previous ploys and denials are looking rather threadbare.

They are most definitely on the back foot and not nearly as cocky and offhand as they've been to date.

I'm guessing Kevin Kelly and his contemporaries are about to be chucked under a bus and Lawwell will appear as a saviour figure to offer (derisory) compensation payments to try to claim some form of moral high ground.
That would have worked if they hadn’t paid to change the boys club and then come out with the separate entity nonsense. Liewell is actively trying to cover this up now, in 2019, he is as guilty as those in the past, but worse he is still in the position of power, when he is clearly not fit and proper to hold any of these positions! A suspension until all enquiries are over, I think would be standard procedure.

Another example - if it was even needed - of why so few child abuse victims come forward.

All they're met with at the first point of the complaint is a wall of silence and if they attempt to take it further they're attempted to be swept under the rug.

Celtic and CBC have shown utter contempt to the victims since jump street here.

I’m surprised there haven’t been more deaths from those that don’t have the strength to fight their case.

Kelly embodies this head in the sand attitude. I hate these threads because it reminds me how repugnant this whole thing is.

Hopefully he’s out himself right in the police’s sights.

The Police are as complicit as the media and politicians and COPFS, what are the Police waiting for? The Police should be launching an investigation and making multiple arrests - CBC in league with Barry Bennell, Jimmy Savile a frequent visitor, McGinn and Kelly links to Trophy Centre even AFTER the first investigation into Torbett in '86 and then the massive completely unjustifiable payments to Trophy Centre AFTER the investigation, signed off by a young Peter Lawwell.

The whole thing stinks and is rotten to its rancid core.

And the media lie about four convictions - there have been six convictions, the guy with all the photos and the the guy Strachan who ran Celtic Boys Club east, who also ran the UK's largest paedophile network, Plod must think it's a coincidence that Strachan ended up at Celtic, which means Plod is thick as %^*& or else Plod is in on it.

Frankly, members of Plod and politicians and the judiciary should be getting arrested for gross negligence and complicity.
The fact they only ever report there being 4 of the dirty bastards always makes me think that not only are they part of the cover they must be meeting to decide what to put out to the public.

They are all rancid scumbags.

“I’ve been told by police to stick to my statement and speak to no one”

Is that for a lawyer to tell him? Not the police? Oh let's get the police the blame now?

I have mutual friends with one of the victims family members. Word from them is that this cover up goes to the very top. The people who have kept this horrible tragedy suppressed from public scrutiny, and who continue to try and stop any or all talk of it are high up.

The Lawrence Haggert lad was mentioned aswell as being part of this.

Make no mistake, when this all unravels that club are going to be left with no where to turn. They must be punished for allowing those evil monsters to ruin countless lives while hiding behind the good name of Celtic.

Tic Toc......

YER DEAD ON, I once knew someone who got to "KNOW" Tam Paton in Saughton. According to him, Tam took the wrap for and was rewarded by, THE REAL BIG BOYS, IN SOCIETY.

The fact they only ever report there being 4 of the dirty bastards always makes me think that not only are they part of the cover they must be meeting to decide what to put out to the public.

They are all rancid scumbags.

It is now actually six(that we know about)

Torbett
Cairney
Kelly
Cullen
Strachan
McCafferty

Were the above on the list of gerry?

Who are the others unaccounted for?

Lets be honest scumtic arent going to be punished for this , best we can hope for is a groveling apology , compensation for the victims and there name to be tarnished worldwide .

Back