Kevin Kyle looking for work

TQ3

Certainly not the worst player in our recent history, and he has always spoke well of Rangers, seems a decent guy. Best of British to him in his search for work.

Reactions: SSR

Der-goalie

I’m sure he won’t be short of offers for work due to being on open goal etc and a bit of publicity - also free advertising for whoever hires him also on open goal , win win

Gmcg95

Fair play to him reaching out looking for something. Although he is probably comfortable financially everyone still needs a wage coming in each month to get by. Don’t mind the big fella

GovanRearLoyal

does he stay in Cumbernauld these days?

keep think I see him when dropping off my kids at the school
Has done for a while mate, Craigmarloch Dullater area, his taxi job was for one of the Kirky taxi companies. On a side note Jon Daly is delivery parcels in this area too just shows maybe we weren’t paying these guys as much as was speculated

Newtown Bear

Fair point , and fair on the big man for looking out there for work .

What I will say is people seem to be under the misconception he’s on his uppers and skint judging by some replies , I can confirm no need to worry he seems to be doing fine in a nice big house in a decent part of cumbernauld , nice car and family always well kitted out .
A mate of mines lives in his street and his house cost over 300k so KK must be doing ok for himself and his family

BlackIsleBlue

In footballing terms he wasn’t on awful lot at us or Hearts (less than £2k P/W) considering footballers most likely have larger bills or whatever.

This is why I’m big on players getting a trade or education in tangent with their footballing education. So when they retire or fall out of them the game they have a skill set to forge a career out of.

Hope he sorts something soon, it’s admirable trying to earn a wage by whatever means necessary and he’s harmless.

The career may be short but the only reason for a footballer to have higher bills is decadence. £100k+ a year is plenty to be able to save and invest while living a decent lifestyle.

I agree though, the reality that they aren’t going to hit the big time doesn’t ever seem to dawn on some players. I have such respect for those with the sense to make plans for after.

erskine bear

The career may be short but the only reason for a footballer to have higher bills is decadence. £100k+ a year is plenty to be able to save and invest while living a decent lifestyle.

I agree though, the reality that they aren’t going to hit the big time doesn’t ever seem to dawn on some players. I have such respect for those with the sense to make plans for after.
Yeah I agree mate, was just getting at some people have a belief that every footballer is a billionaire.

I agree on decadence part, however to throw in something I know personally is footballers insurance contributions are much larger than the average fella. Albeit that won’t send them into bankruptcy.

More & more players these days seem to be getting involved in coaching or their own academies.
My mate is a goalie at a championship club but out with that he does coaching for a prospering academy too. I think this may be something we see more in the future.

RFC_Champions

I admire ex-pros who are grounded like this and aren’t afraid to explore various “normal” avenues to earn a living.

Was it also him who not so long ago was a store-man for a company in the Shetland’s or on the rigs?

Latest posts

change consent