Kevin Nisbet

He's really struggling.

With players from other SPL teams, there are usually certain attributes which indicate an ability to step up to a better level e.g pace/movement (Miller) or finishing (Boyd).

With Nisbet, there isn't really much to pick out. It was probably finishing during his purple patch but even then it wasn't that impressive. Now that has slumped, you are left with a player who is very average across all departments & doesn't even have any pace to rescue him

Taking a balanced view, there are prolonged periods where he has been really good, but over the last few months he hasn’t hit the standards he previously set, last night he was terrible. I would go as far as he looked like he didn’t want to be there.

I watched their game last night and you can see why they are fawning over the 1st half performance. In terms of perceived effort/ movement it was levels above a Lennon/ Kennedy performance of last season. I wouldn’t say the quality was levels above though. The constant turnover in possession and attack turning into defending was pretty frantic. On attack they get the ball wide for someone with pace to run at the opposition but there wasn’t much end product. If Hibs had put in a decent defensive performance they could have taken something. Some of Hibs play was kamikaze. Not at all concerned about going there.

Not many Scottish players I would take , excluding Soutar given we have signed him. The only one that comes to mind is Ramsay at Aberdeen. I can't think of any other Scottish player that stands out.

He’s shite, anyone thinking of signing him is still living in the Warburton time, Shankland too. I was happy that Gerrard and now Gio know a player!

The miss last night was bad, should have buried it but with the pace on the ball and the defender missing it right in front of him I can understand how he's missed it.

He is awful and Doig got turned inside out last night off Abada ffs, absolutely embarrassing stuff.

Some people wanted to part with 4 million for each of them.

Doig getting hooked for 34 year old Lewis Stevenson tells you all you need to know.

He was like a rabbit in the headlights against Abada and got skinned regularly.

The ironic thing is, the scum support regularly criticise Abada for never going past the full back.
Not last night they weren't.

Yet not so long ago the Football Manager experts on here were prepared to spend £millions on them.

Morelos out, Nisbet in.
Barišić out, Doig in.

Not one of them has an outstanding quality. Doig can’t defend, Nisbet is lazy, can’t hold the ball up and his composure is shocking.

I never saw the game last night but I’m not surprise both were not very good - because they aren’t very good.

Nisbet is one of the worst strikers of a ball I’ve ever seen. He’s immobile, has a poor touch and not much pace. What am I missing? An awful footballer

Morelos out, Nisbet in.
Barišić out, Doig in.

Not one of them has an outstanding quality. Doig can’t defend, Nisbet is lazy, can’t hold the ball up and his composure is shocking.

I never saw the game last night but I’m not surprise both were not very good - because they aren’t very good.
To be fair to these players and other scottish players, you spent every day for a year saying the same about souttar and id guess you and the others now believe hes going to be an important player.

While 5m for Nisbet did seem nuts i do find this idea we are so far ahead of all the clubs no one gets near our team, or even the squad, a bit arrogant and quite childish.

To be fair to these players and other scottish players, you spent every day for a year saying the same about souttar and id guess you and the others now believe hes going to be an important player.

While 5m for Nisbet did seem nuts i do find this idea we are so far ahead of all the clubs no one gets near our team, or even the squad, a bit arrogant and quite childish.

Nisbett and Doig don’t get in our squad.

I don’t recall Gerrard wanting/trying to sign him. He spoke highly of a lot of players too.

His want for Nisbett in the summer was pretty openly spoken about on here,

“Two honest kids with huge potential and the future is looking bright for Scotland in terms of full-backs because I think those two have got real big chances of going all the way.” - in reference to Patterson and Doig,

It is pretty decent praise TBH and reads, quite clearly like a manager showing his acknowledgment of potential.

The Gerrard comment in reference to these two is just miles off.

He is awful and Doig got turned inside out last night off Abada ffs, absolutely embarrassing stuff.

Some people wanted to part with 4 million for each of them.
I’ve never understood the hype around Doig, he’s bang average. People compare him to Patterson, Tierney, Hickey, christ even Ramsey of the sheep is better.

He's just another one of the Hibs players who aren't professional enough to play more than a couple of games a season.

Raising their game against Rangers is about the sum of their ambition. They have a good game then down tools because they don't have the mentality to do it in the next game.

Big fish in a wee stagnant pool.

Taking a balanced view, there are prolonged periods where he has been really good, but over the last few months he hasn’t hit the standards he previously set, last night he was terrible. I would go as far as he looked like he didn’t want to be there.

he doesn't want to be there, didn't he try and wrangle a transfer a few months ago?

As others have said, he hasn't kicked a ball since Hibs knocked back the Birmingham bad.

He'd be powdepuff in the English Championship, it's a league of hard knocks and everyone looks 6ft3 and 16st of solid muscle.

Doig has been poor this season too.

He was deplorable last night, like most of that Hibs team

Boyle was embarrassing as was Jamie Murphy when he came on.

And Celtic weren’t much better

Nisbett and Doig don’t get in our squad.
The problem with this view is to have them in the squad we would have to pay quite a lot of money which im sure just about every one of us agree they aint worth. Not gonna happen but at the moment we are clearly short of strikers and while i dont want Nisbet i do think if he was our player he would make the bench for tonights game.

I will ask you again, take your time, ask around get some back up if you need it, why did you say Souttar crap, not tested, no history in top level football, not popular on sky not Rangers standard and so on, every day for a year, until the day he signed ?

If it happens with Souttar, and yes JS is a right good player most of us noticed it right away, it proves signings from our own league do happen and often these players are very good value for money. Your change of opinion overnight also proves its more to do with his club than what happens on the park.

I accept i probably should stay away from all the sky sports rubbish, its tough though when theres so much of it.

I've said this many times before, but the quality is just not available in the main in Scotland that we require outwith a few exceptions.

Any decent players ply their trade in the EPL and are sadly out of our reach financially to make it worthwhile for us.

Even Souttar is more likely to be a backup.
Ditto the likes of the St Johnstone keeper as an example should we choose to sign him or similar (as an example btw)

He was deplorable last night, like most of that Hibs team

Boyle was embarrassing as was Jamie Murphy when he came on.

And Celtic weren’t much better
Don’t forget the best passer of a ball in the Country; Scott Allan’s sole contribution was unnecessiarly bringing down one of the Japanese players outside the box, allowing Jota a free kick that he made an arse of.

And then the prick that is Hanlon who shepherded and protected a clear kick from a Hibs player out for a corner.

Doig getting hooked for 34 year old Lewis Stevenson tells you all you need to know.

He was like a rabbit in the headlights against Abada and got skinned regularly.

The ironic thing is, the scum support regularly criticise Abada for never going past the full back.
Not last night they weren't.
Doig got destroyed last night, it was painful to watch and he has been rubbish this season.

The scum are trying to say Hibs played really well last night they were pish.

The space they left for the first goal was unbelievable.

Last edited:
I don’t recall Gerrard wanting/trying to sign him. He spoke highly of a lot of players too.

There was never anything concrete about Nisbet. A poster on here was adamant we were in for him, but one of the admins denied it categorically and he seems to have been proven correct

The problem with this view is to have them in the squad we would have to pay quite a lot of money which im sure just about every one of us agree they aint worth. Not gonna happen but at the moment we are clearly short of strikers and while i dont want Nisbet i do think if he was our player he would make the bench for tonights game.

I will ask you again, take your time, ask around get some back up if you need it, why did you say Souttar crap, not tested, no history in top level football, not popular on sky not Rangers standard and so on, every day for a year, until the day he signed ?

If it happens with Souttar, and yes JS is a right good player most of us noticed it right away, it proves signings from our own league do happen and often these players are very good value for money. Your change of opinion overnight also proves its more to do with his club than what happens on the park.

I accept i probably should stay away from all the sky sports rubbish, its tough though when theres so much of it.
Itten is better than nisbet thats my take on it.

We all know they’re a team who can only put effort in certain games, namely v us. I seen parts of that last night, they looked to have control in the 2nd half but nothing up front. Celtic are not great also, space given up, poor defending, would have been punished against a side who could score.
Makes you wonder how they've managed to take so many points off of Celtic in recent seasons if they only try against Rangers?

Latest posts

Back