Kevin Thomson on Open Goal

Probably didn't quite merit the fawning he used to get on here, and definitely doesn't deserve the abuse he now gets as a backlash to that

Don't mind KT in the slightest. However, I do mind people who feel the need to put the word thoughts at the end of a post as if the reader doesn't understand the purpose of a question mark that follows the original point they make or that an opening post on a forum is generated with the entire intent of illiciting a response formulated from the posters thoughts and opinions. Those are my thoughts. B-)

Love KT. Blootered in to Robbie Kean playing for the mhanks twice in the same match.

Staunch as f**k.

End thread.

Listened to the interview.

Clearly didn't like part-time football.

Sounded like he wants to walk into a bigger job now, rather than earning it over a few years with Kelty.

(Think he applied for the Dundee job, for example)

I'm not so sure he's gonna get a job right away at the level he clearly sees himself at. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Why are some of our fans such miserable bastards?
I’m a moaning faced bastard and I really struggle to see how some of our support gets on in life. The negativity and abuse directed at ex-players at times is embarrassing.
In fact make that current players, especially Roofe.

He was doing Comms for RTV recently, may even have been the Blackpool game

Said he's struggling to get a job at the moment.

I like KT is one of us, unfortunately has friends that are really strange to say the least Lego muncher just keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself KT we the bears hate that fcuk wit read the room. I wish him every sucess in his career

Kevin Thomson loves Kevin Thomson and even strayed into talking about himself in the third person.
He probably looks at himself in the mirror while having a wank.
He only did this to put himself in the shop window.
He talks a good game, that's for sure.

I know everyone loves a good moan, but struggling to see what he’s doing wrong here. He won League 2 manager of the Year and all other award winners have been interviewed.

As for keeping himself in media and talking himself up while he’s out of work, I’m not sure that’s something he can be criticised for either!

Kevin Thomson loves Kevin Thomson and even strayed into talking about himself in the third person.

That makes two of us

Th
I struggle to understand why so many are not a huge fan of him. I always thought he wired in and tried his best, and always speaks well of us. I know some don't like him as a co-commentator. But that's different from pulling the jersey on and speaking well of the club and fans.

Just my thoughts, :)
This

That patter about the weather changing after Harthill services is pish, he needs some new material. Jumping to the defence of his pal “Broony” didn’t endear him to me either.
So you’ve never had that one mate who’s a public embarrassment every time you go out?

"Footie and the Hibees".
Not a fan of him as co commentator but really pissed me off when he came out and stuck up for his "mate" Broonie after that disgraceful episode at Pittodrie. Mate or not he sided publicly with a sworn enemy who got one over on us, unforgivable in my eyes.
You maybe need to get out a bit more - mates do what mates do.

What did he exactly say regarding Brown at Pittodrie? I take it, it was to do with Kent’s sending off?

He's good pals with Si Ferry and he's been on the show 3-4 times already.

For such a "Celtic show" they've had some amount of ex Rangers players on it.

I enjoyed it. So he talks himself up, why not?
I like Open Goal, my only problem is it can be difficult to understand what they are saying sometimes. Si seems obsessed with nakedness and beef injections!

Good player tbf.

Terrible commentator however and seems absolutely full of himself and thinks he's a top manager when he walked away from Kelty.

That Open goal interview was just him touting for jobs which is fair enough but won't be a top manager IMO or anywhere near it.

Love the guy but what a daft move it was leaving Kelty now.
Was it really? Looking at their team they’ve not had much investment from the side that came up from league 2. Which is clearly one of the reasons why KT left. With no investment there is a good chance that team goes down given how strong league 1 this season. He stays there, they go down and his stock is very low, but he leaves on a high after winning the league and his stock remains decent.

He's good pals with Si Ferry and he's been on the show 3-4 times already.

For such a "Celtic show" they've had some amount of ex Rangers players on it.
100%, It’s not open goals fault that rangers largely don’t do press outside the club very often. They said last season that they would love to interview Gio but rangers tend to keep everything in house, Halliday said the same.

I actually think some on here are jealous of ex Rangers players.

How any Rangers fan can be negative towards KT is beyond me.

You wonder how some of these posters function in the real world with thier negativity mindset

Loved Thomson when he was at Rangers. Always speaks highly of the club as well.
Speaks better about our club in the media despite not being a fan as a kid than a number of other ex-players.

I like Si Ferry, shame Slaney is involved in interviews as he really drags them down, when it was just Si he was great at creating a platform for players to really open up. When Slaney is involved it just breaks down to nonsense

Enjoy KT on most platforms other than comms, find it refreshing how open he is when talking about football, actually sounds like he enjoys it unlike most who move into the media in Scotland

I can never take his commentary seriously ever since he said he hated players who fouled players who weren't going anywhere with the ball. A thing he was notorious for.

Back