Kevin Thomson reply to a celtic fan on twitter

uneasydaz

:D

20190112-121016.jpg

Kevin Thomson was a ready made replacement for Ferguson in terms of captaincy, very underrated footballer aswell.

I always look back at the core of the team from 2008-2011 and if it wasnt for financial stuff off the field I genuinely believe those players would would be bona-fide legends.

Just look at Davis and McGregor.. 3 titles each and they were both just hitting their prime as it all went tits up. Both would be on 6/7 titles easy.

The wee mentally challenged still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and sweating.

Thomson was a brilliant player, he wasn’t just a hard-tackling defensive midfielder. His footballing quality was the same as other midfielders of that era. There’s a reason he was trusted with set-pieces more than Davis at the time, he could whip in some corner.

What a player. I was dumbstruck when I bumped into him out running in the Colinton Dell, in Edinburgh a few days after that tackle. I have been in the company of the Royal Family and actually danced with the Queen at Balmoral, but I was more in awe meeting him and I blabbered some shit to him. He must've though, who is that sweating loonball, but it was worth it.

He got banned from a crucial game at Parkhead for taking a free kick too quickly when beating them at Ibrox.

We lost that game and lost the league on the last day. Still think that ridiculous booking ended costing us a treble.

What a player. I was dumbstruck when I bumped into him out running in the Colinton Dell, in Edinburgh a few days after that tackle. I have been in the company of the Royal Family and actually danced with the Queen at Balmoral, but I was more in awe meeting him and I blabbered some shit to him. He must've though, who is that sweating loonball, but it was worth it.

That's just blown apart the staunch barometer :D

Ever considered a career in name dropping, mate.

Why wouldn’t that tackle be mentioned regularly? They predicted the signing of Keane would be a title winning deal, even Peter Maguire suggested so on Radio Catolica, and within a few minutes of the biggest game he’d play in up here, he was battered like a ginger step wean and subsequently disappeared out the game.

It was a thing of beauty.

Thomson is a gent, he coaches kids down at Bo'ness for free and guy I work with said after a single session his granddaughter was involved in he had memorised and was calling all the kids by name.

He was a far superior player to Brown and in the end I'm really glad we only got 1 of the 2... shame about the injuries and the effect it's had on his career but like many I had him as a captain in the making if he hadn't left.

Can't believe he's only 34, just 3 months older than Steven Davis.

If it wasn't for injury he could have been back with us as a player.

Some quite rightly so dislike his 'crags' patter on BT Sport and it can get a bit annoying, that a side I have a lot of time for KT he calls it as he sees it, I like many expected him to go on and be a great Rangers captain but injurys didn't help.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him in a Rangers strip and he was one of few who never shirked a tackle, an exceptional professional.

The mentally challengeds have an unhealthy obsession with stalking our players and ex players on social media
Never a truer word spoken, I don't do twitter but looked at Defoe's last week after he put a tweet on about Rangers, hundreds of replies, thousands of retweets and loves but you guessed it, first post by a beggar.
"Yous payooor died an aw rat, yeez don't exist"
But here they are 6 years on still absolutely obsessed with everything Rangers online, we must have scarred them mentally more than even Torbett ever did.

Back