Kevin Thomson RTV comment today

Polar bear

When the defender took a swing at Ryan Kent today.Kevin says:
“When he tried to kick him,he actually missed him a wee bit.”
I had a good chuckle anyway.:))

tenor.gif

Wish KT would stop portraying himself as a hard man, every commentary there's references to him getting bookings, dumping Robbie Keane etc.

I never heard Gough, Brown, Ian Ferguson, Hurlock etc talk like that but knew they were real hard men.

Wish KT would stop portraying himself as a hard man, every commentary there's references to him getting bookings, dumping Robbie Keane etc.

I never heard Gough, Brown, Ian Ferguson, Hurlock etc talk like that but knew they were real hard men.
Certainly a serious problem that should be rooted out. Have RangersTV come back with a response yet to you about it?

Kevin is an excellent analyst. I could listen all day to the way he describes how the on-field play comes about and also what happens behind the scenes at Ibrox. This so-called ’hard man’ jibe is a load of piffle. He may refer sometimes to his red card at Tynecastle but only in as much as it wasn’t a red card. So, some people on here are trolling for no good purpose.

Honestly such a weird take. I’ve never gotten the impression he’s trying to portray himself as a hard man at all, more as a tough tackling midfielder, which he absolutely was. He knows the fans loved the way he dominated Keane (people mention it on his social media all the time) and so he probably plays up to it which is fair enough.

Lastly, he’s not Gough, Brown, Ferguson or Hurlock and there’s really no reason why he should pretend to be; also to the best of my knowledge neither of those players are doing commentary on our games regularly. I think KT comes across fantastically well at all times and I hope he continues to be himself.

giphy.gif

Love Kevin Thomson.... By far the best commentator on RTV for me. Love the way he speaks about Rangers.
Absolutely. The way he speaks of our club leaves no doubt that he loves The Rangers.
If I am allowed one wee moan about his punditry, it’s his regular use on the word ‘frae’ instead of from.
Pedantic Loyal :))

Absolutely. The way he speaks of our club leaves no doubt that he loves The Rangers.
If I am allowed one wee moan about his punditry, it’s his regular use on the word ‘frae’ instead of from.
Pedantic Loyal :))

He's frae Peebles, so I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to it!

Love KT

Someone on kerryfail has been boasting recently that he is a timposter on here with official ticketer status.
Plenty of tim posters are listed as official ticketer as they feel it gives them more credibility and TBH it does for a lot of people that don't know any better.

I think it is more that KT accepts he wasn't the most skillful but could do the tougher side of the game and break play up etc, rather than giving it I was hard.

I don’t know where folk are getting this about KT. The matter only crops up when Tom Millar starts it.

Sorry but this is bollocks. KT has never said he was a hard man, he knows he was a 'destroyer' and is self aware enough to admit it. IIRC KT has actually said he is not a hard man.

If you actually listen to what he says it makes a lot of sense. If a game is dead and the fans are quiet the team need to do something to lift that which injects it in to the game. His way was to go through someone.

To back this up he speaks about the time Walter and Mixu had a bit of a set to v hibs at Ibrox. This was to lift the crowd as well.

Thomson knows what it takes to be part of a title winning side. He talks about that in his commentary. He's instilling that in to our youth teams as well.

Easy to see the players are doing their job on the park when all some have got to moan about is Kevin Thomson :D

For me KT is the best pundit they have & he's a credit to our club. In fact the whole RTV setup is top notch & one we should be proud of. The only thing missing is a cameo slot for Boyd after his shows this season.

I don’t know where folk are getting this about KT. The matter only crops up when Tom Millar starts it.
This is bang on. It's only mentioned when Tom Millar brings it up, generally in a jocular way. Great analyst KT and passionate about his boys during commentary.
3 more points towards the title is what matters.

Strange strange comment.

Very insightful person and his punditry is superb !

When the defender took a swing at Ryan Kent today.Kevin says:
“When he tried to kick him,he actually missed him a wee bit.”
I had a good chuckle anyway.:))
Not sure what you're point is here to be honest.

But in general Thomson is a fantastic pundit. Doesn't speak in clichés and therefore actually has useful things to say.

Don't don't this feeling at all.

He was a ball winning midfielder (and a very good one at that, who could play a bit of football too), not some sort of Brown-eqsue hatchet man. I think it's more referencing the "get stuck in" attitude that was needing under Walter. He isn't trying to highlight than he was some sort of midfield enforcer though

He made a wee boob when he said, after the Kent goal, "folks at home don't realise just how easy that was" when I assume he meant "hard" :D but so what? As others have said, he knows all our players and adds a "been there don that worn the celebratory T-shirt" to his commentary

What I noticed most yesterday was his sharp intake of breathe whenever a shot went in or a tackle on a Rangers player was being made :D just like 99% of us watching at home would be doing

More power to him, I think he'd fit in very well to this team we have

Plenty of tim posters are listed as official ticketer as they feel it gives them more credibility and TBH it does for a lot of people that don't know any better.

imagine spending hours of your week in your opposition fans forums? What a sad pathetic life that must be. I actually feel a little bit sorry for the fucking gimps.

Back