Kevin Thomson

Possibly my favourite player of Walter's 2nd stint. Never shirked a tackle, had plenty of dig and the jersey never looked too heavy for him. I also had him down as a future captain.

Streamed the game in Florida. Thoroughly enjoyed KTs commentary, and like others comments, saw him as a future captain, but never worked out that way.

KT chatting with David Edgar is one of my all-time favourite H&H podcasts. Humour, passion & insight in equal measure. A joy.

When Kevin Thomson is co commentating Tam does seem to talk more about the game which I think is because KT is constantly talking about the game, tactics, players etc
That's a fair point, keeps him on track.

When he was with Derek Johnstone for a few games, a couple of years ago, he was chronic.

always look forward to KT on RTV, Hugh Burns is not a technician in anyway but he makes up for it with his "enthusiasm" for the gers. Loverkrands is very much a fan too. Still give me anyone on RTV over any of those spanners like walker, sutton and anyone from the bbc.

He's a class act.

For those who haven't watched his Si Ferry interviews, would recommend taking half an hour out. He's a great guy.

Ferry is an irritating wee mentally challenged though.

When we were getting slapped around in midfield under Warburton a prime KT was the player I was longing for.

An aggressive ball winning midfielder was badly needed.

Really liked him at Rangers and his tackle on Robbie Keane will be one i will always remember.

Someone on has a cracking gif of that on here, he fires him to the ground right after it.
Need more of this in 2 weeks time, I'm getting pumped up already!

He was a terrific player who we didn't get enough years out of.
He really should have been a Rangers captain.

If anyone hasn't seen his Open Goal interviews I'd urge you to give them a watch. An honest insight into football politics with Collins, Peatrie, Ferguson, Smith etc

We've got him coming to do a Q&A down at our club in December. Guy was a pleasure to deal with as well. Would be great to get him involved back at our club. His academy work is excellent through in Edinburgh.

Back