Kevin Van Veen

As soon as I seen the thread title I knew exactly what what it was.

Crazy. Absolutely crazy!

We ain't wrestling the title from the scum with players of this calibre.

Ex Scunthorpe Utd. Apparently they turned down £1m for him from some Asian outfit. Should have taken it.

This nonsense has to stop, we had Ginnelly being touted recently because of a few good touches in a game, Van Veen is 31, and Motherwell is the highest level he's played at, bed.

He is a decent player, I was quite impressed by his performance yesterday.

Don’t think he’s what we need though.

Theres plenty on here that slate Wilson for identifying player then theres suggestion of signing players like Van Veen,duk and nisbett

Had a good game today for Motherwell and caused our defence some bother, not for the first time. He’s been on good form recently for Motherwell. He’d be a good signing in my opinion.
He is an intelligent player and his link up is decent.

He’s the sort of guy that I wouldn’t mind seeing us sign as 4th choice, that only plays 20/25 times a season.

He’d be absolutely useless in 50%+ of our games but I think he’d do well in certain situations (home games v dross who play low blocks).
Cart Horse.

Jesus. First Liam Kelly and now this. As much as Ross Wilson deserves criticism at least he isn’t as poor a judge of talent as some on here.

To be fair to OP there are people on here who scream NO! to every single option ever suggested whilst watching that performance from Colak yesterday which was worse than being a man down.

This nonsense has to stop, we had Ginnelly being touted recently because of a few good touches in a game, Van Veen is 31, and Motherwell is the highest level he's played at, bed.

Don't forget the Cammy Devlin fan club. Mind you, they seem to have gone quiet now he's warming the Hearts bench.

Josh Ginnelly loading the bullets for big Kevin Van Veen next season.

7ezf8x.jpg

He was completely dominated by Leon King in the October game ffs.
But he scored against us , he could be the new Billy Urquhart.

He’s a good player for a side like Motherwell, and probably would do a good job for Hearts or Aberdeen, but he’s miles off what we need.

Nuno Capucho had a solid grounding in Portugal too , that ended well.
What a shocker of a comparison.

Duk is young and could improve. He’d also be on relatively low wages.

Capucho was finished at any sort of decent level and struggled to run the length of himself. He didn’t just have a grounding in Portugal, he’d given all he had to give and was being moved on for the next generation, and we were happy to cover his pension for a year.

What a shocker of a comparison.

Duk is young and could improve. He’d also be on relatively low wages.

Capucho was finished at any sort of decent level and struggled to run the length of himself. He didn’t just have a grounding in Portugal, he’d given all he had to give and was being moved on for the next generation, and we were happy to cover his pension for a year.
Ok you win let’s sign Duk and bring in Sam Cosgrove alongside him , he’s young and once played a couple of good games for Aberdeen.

PS Capucho no grounding ? Was at Porto and Sporting

Jesus. First Liam Kelly and now this. As much as Ross Wilson deserves criticism at least he isn’t as poor a judge of talent as some on here.
There are some people who would have us signing Liam Kelly, Barrie Mackay, Cammy Devlin and Lyndon Dykes as our four main players this summer and the terrifying thing is they are 100% serious.

Ok you win let’s sign Duk and bring in Sam Cosgrove alongside him , he’s young and once played a couple of good games for Aberdeen.

PS Capucho no grounding ? Was at Porto and Sporting
I’m not advocating we sign Duk, it was related to the comparison between signing a promising player on relatively low wages, and one who was finished on a fortune.

Read my post again - I didn’t say Capucho didn’t have a grounding, of course he did having played in Portugal his whole career. When you reach your early 30’s, your grounding isn’t really that important, it’s more if you still have ‘it’ or not.

Comparing signing a promising young player and someone who was finished is what the point of my post was.

And Sam Cosgrove? Not sure what you’re on about. His grounding came at Shrewsbury Town and Wimbledon.

He’s a scene too half spl striker, that’s is it, the only spl strikers that we should potentially look at would be Nisbet, Shankland and at a major push Miovski

Nobody is saying that Van Veen is the guy to take us to where we need to go, that would be ridiculous.

The point that some of us are making is that every successful Rangers team I can remember has always had a handful of bog standard SPFL players that don’t play every week but can do a job.

Guys like Velicka, Foster, Stevie Smith, etc etc have done a job in the past.
The 3 you mention says we shouldn't be signing Van Veen. :eek:

Liam Kelly is the epitome of bang average. He's a solid pro who can play in this league until he's 35, for Motherwell or the like

Had a good game today for Motherwell and caused our defence some bother, not for the first time. He’s been on good form recently for Motherwell. He’d be a good signing in my opinion.

I'd honestly prefer to sign my 64 year old Auntie Barbara than Van Veen.

Back