Key moment in today’s game?

I reckon the key moment was before the game - Celtic bleating about players who wouldn't take the field. What message did that send to the rest? They looked defeated as soon as they crossed the white line which meant we didn't have to get out of second gear.

I reckon the key moment was before the game - Celtic bleating about players who wouldn't take the field. What message did that send to the rest? They looked defeated as soon as they crossed the white line which meant we didn't have to get out of second gear.

That’s probably true Tbf.

The key moment was the Elyanousi (however the %^*& you spell it) miss.

We were very much on top but Goldson made a silly mistake and should’ve been punished. Thankfully he put it into the stand.

Think that re-focussed the defence and reminded them that although Celtic were shite, one mistake and the game could be back in the balance.

Was a bag of nerves this morning but the turning point for me was seeing the our players walk / stroll out off the tunnel onto the pitch.

Might sound bat shit crazy but something clicked seeing our players and at that point I thought we're up for this today

When a team cannot muster a single shot on target then I don’t think there is a ‘key’ moment. We had plenty more in the tank today and even if something had broke in their favour I think we would have handled it and still gone on to win. We shoulda had more than two.

I loved that today. But between our goal and half time I was shitting myself.

Second half it seems like Gerrard handed out 11 spliffs in the dressing room and we were so relaxed and chill in the second half. Embarrassingly so, for them.

Our second goal total deflated them. It totally extinguished any hope they might have had of a 2nd half comeback after managing to go in at half time only a goal down despite being outplayed.

The body language of their players spoke volumes

Helanders magnificent block early doors. Could easily have resulted in a goal for that lot and had us on the back foot. From there on we were the dominant team and only team that ever looked like winning the game.
I 100% agree.

Even in the most dominant matches or scorelines, there are moments that happen that are of the smallest of margins that can change a game.

That block was huge imo. Who knows from there what happens. I still back us, but doesn't take away it's importance.

He got huge credit from me for that.

The key moment was the Elyanousi (however the %^*& you spell it) miss.

We were very much on top but Goldson made a silly mistake and should’ve been punished. Thankfully he put it into the stand.

Think that re-focussed the defence and reminded them that although Celtic were shite, one mistake and the game could be back in the balance.
The way it fell required an immense finish. The angles were incredibly difficult. Looking back it's no surprise he missed it.

Not key in terms of result defining, but just a marker in terms of us showing we're capable of football no other team in the country can come close to.

The move that ended with Tav's volley was an absolute sensational passage of play featuring a long raking switch from Goldson, sublimely controlled on Kent's outside of the foot, a backheel to release Barisic then 6 intricate passes, 5 of them first-timed, 2 more of them backheels, a wee 1-2 between Alfie and Scotty to tee up Tav whose volley flashed wide. Had it been inside the post it would have been on the short list of greatest goals ever scored because there was no way the keeper was stopping it.

The moment some wee guy in Wuhan had a bat supper for his tea.
Lennon deciding to approach Brighton to loan Duffy
AC Milan ripping the piss by sending a ball boy to Sellik on loan

The game was won before it kicked off. Been saying it all week. All they went on about was such and such is missing. They were running scared. We have their number now. It's like when folk used to go into a fight with Tyson at his peak. Defeated before a punch is thrown lol

Back