Kicked Out Of Europe This Season – It Can Happen

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
I personally think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.
If not, I believe we face being banned from Europe next season.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

Imagine being banned from Europe.
Just think about how horrific that would be for our club.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘Fuck UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

I really can’t see a positive outcome here.
This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.

I personally think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘Fuck UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.
Time for us as fans to grow up and knock it on the head. Self-policing in the stands will help

This is how it feels to be nailed to the floor.

Right now I could just walk away from it all, we’ve no chance of ever being treated fairly. What is the point, we’ll never be allowed to compete.

I agree with not singing the add-ones before I have to listen to that again. Sick of the blatant corruption against us.
What a lot of nonsense.

Maybe if we didn't have idiots in the support who continue to sing songs which we are repeatedly told not to sing, we wouldn't be in this situation?

Whether you like it or not we broke the rules of the competition. That is no ones fault but the fans involved.

Stop the self pity and realise the behaviour must stop. It's our fault. Noone elses.

Thursday will prove this. Too many arseholes will appear on Thursday full of defiance (and whatever cheap cider they drink) thinking they are doing the club and support proud by continuing the songs and add ons that are causing the problems.

The real fans will resort to self policing and we'll end up with scuffles in the stands.

It's time to ditch these songs and sing proper Rangers songs that do not need "add ons".

I would say the chances of us getting kicked out are high, in fact I would say it’s patently obvious it will happen.

They are dishing out retrospective punishments for previous games, they are not going to just turn a blind eye to the games that have happened since.

If they are looking at R2 and R3 then it may happen before we kick a ball next week. If we do make it to the groups then def no away allocation. Do we get a clean slate from now ?

Seen a video from last night with super Rangers in full flow. Damage may already be done

i am not so sure they will come back at us for games already played,but our card has been well and duly marked today,how it goes from here on in now is anyone"s guess, my hunch is that a fair number will refuse to heed the warning

I would say the chances of us getting kicked out are high, in fact I would say it’s patently obvious it will happen.

They are dishing out retrospective punishments for previous games, they are not going to just turn a blind eye to the games that have happened since.

Not being funny but wtf is the point of playing next week then??

Save the unacceptable behaviour line number in your phone guys. Only way this will get sorted. No point reporting it to stewards etc

So why haven’t they kicked us out today then?

This is how it feels to be nailed to the floor.

Right now I could just walk away from it all, we’ve no chance of ever being treated fairly. What is the point, we’ll never be allowed to compete.

I agree with not singing the add-ones before I have to listen to that again. Sick of the blatant corruption against us.

Totally agree. Frustrated at a small number of our own support, but the punishment is completely unjust, with no obvious way to appeal. The fact the overwhelming majority of our support behave doesn’t seem to be worth a dime.

I think the whole point of issuing the first offence is that the clubs involved have a chance to put things right and learn from it. I don't see how they can issue more sanctions until they give us a chance to change our ways but of course if similar songs are sung next week then all bets are off.

What a lot of nonsense.

Maybe if we didn't have idiots in the support who continue to sing songs which we are repeatedly told not to sing, we wouldn't be in this situation?

Whether you like it or not we broke the rules of the competition. That is no ones fault but the fans involved.

Stop the self pity and realise the behaviour must stop. It's our fault. Noone elses.

The people involved in this single minded agenda find our very existence sectarian. You’d think the dead rubber against St Joseph’s was some seething hotbed of bigotry when it was nothing of the sort.

This is all bullshit. I’ve already said people need to stop singing the add-ons however this won’t be enough, there will always be something else and no-one else will be held to the same standard. FARE will have the bit between their teeth now, nothing is going to stop them reporting us. The ball is well and truly burst.

Look at the fuss about Steve Clarke last season. A few hundred of our fans were wrong but 60k belting the same song at Steven Gerrard passes without comment. This is what we are up against.

I think the whole point of issuing the first offence is that the clubs involved have a chance to put things right and learn from it. I don't see how they can issue more sanctions until they give us a chance to change our ways but of course if similar songs are sung next week then all bets are off.
If similar songs are sung next week we would be committing suicide.

Surely not even the hard of thinking in our support would be that fucking stupid.

This has actually made me have a look at the songs we’ve been singing.
I’ve always had the opinion of Feck it it’s our club and we’ll sing our songs.
But the the punishment from uefa and probably more to come makes me think we really need to control ourselves in European nights especially.

Maybe it is time we really think about what we’re singing on Euro nights as it could have a massive effect on our club

Why would you grass in fellow Rangers supporters?

Maybe have a word with them first.

Fuckthat
The clubs had a word
The managers had a word
If they do it they deserve the book flung at them
How can they be deemed supporters if they’re doing more harm to the club than our enemies.

The only way this stops is if we start weeding them out. It’s easy to hide in a crowd. As another poster said, would they stand in front of the cop shop shouting it out? No.

I agree.

Whatever the offending song or songs it was that we're being punished for against St Joseph's, were undoubtedly also sung against Progres and Midtjylland.

We were warned before each game that FARE were going to be in attendance and this is the punishment for the contents of the FARE report on the St Joseph's match only just being handed out now.

For all we know the writing could already be on the wall for our Euro Campaign.

The folk who continually sing the songs with total disregard for the sanctions our club (and fellow fans) face as a result of their actions even after warnings from the club, are obviously the ones to blame - of that there is no doubt. However the whole thing stinks to the high heavens, whataboutery or not.

We're being targeted in a way others aren't. Just another example of being made an example of.

The next infringement comes after the punishment, there wont be anything else about previous matches IMO.

It might, but it might not. UEFA could well just say that the rules were in place before those matches and infringements took place, so tough, you're out.

The people involved in this single minded agenda find our very existence sectarian. You’d think the dead rubber against St Joseph’s was some seething hotbed of bigotry when it was nothing of the sort.

This is all bullshit. I’ve already said people need to stop singing the add-ons however this won’t be enough, there will always be something else and no-one else will be held to the same standard. FARE will have the bit between their teeth now, nothing is going to stop them reporting us. The ball is well and truly burst.

Look at the fuss about Steve Clarke last season. A few hundred of our fans were wrong but 60k belting the same song at Steven Gerrard passes without comment. This is what we are up against.

There are plenty on here that dont seem to care about justice or equality. They dont understand what we're up against or how to deal with it. Much like our board.

Why would you grass in fellow Rangers supporters?

Maybe have a word with them first.
Wouldn't exactly call it grassing them in. They've had plenty of warnings, if you had to choose between us being kicked out of Europe or reporting someone for signing songs that will be the cause of us being kicked out, what would you choose?

Time for us as fans to grow up and knock it on the head. Self-policing in the stands will help
Got to agree with self policing if somebody was calling somebody a black b they would quite rightly be told by the support to shut it or would complain to police it's not grassing it's commen decency so please guys for the sake of the Rangers cut the add ons out

I’m with you bud. We need to smarten up but I think a ban is unlikely.

We need to go to war with FARE though. They seem to attend every one of our games. Don’t see any other clubs getting that level of scrutiny.
It would certainly be interesting to see how many games they have attended at Ibrox in comparison to other grounds

If the guy next to you starts this singing, shut him up from now on. Unite and fight this. Although this is a mega hatchet job we are snookered here.

Back