Kicked Out Of Europe This Season – It Can Happen

I personally think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.
If not, I believe we face being banned from Europe next season.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

Imagine being banned from Europe.
Just think about how horrific that would be for our club.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘Fuck UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

I really can’t see a positive outcome here.
This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.

The problem is even if all that comes to pass, we get kicked out of Europe, Stevie G effs off and the bheasts win 10+ in a row and move light years ahead of us financially, the ned element in our support will still sing the banned songs. They don’t give a fcuk, the ‘culture’ is more important to them than the team.

I personally think that it’s going to be quite likely that we will be kicked out of Europe this season if we win on Thursday.
If not, I believe we face being banned from Europe next season.

If UEFA want to, they can find us guilty for a second and third time from the games already played this season.

Imagine being banned from Europe.
Just think about how horrific that would be for our club.

The damage to our reputation would be terrible, the money lost would be catastrophic, and I can’t see someone like Steven Gerrard hanging about.

Sadly, I don’t think that even this doomsday scenario will change the mindset of the idiots in our support who will adopt a ‘Fuck UEFA’ attitude and continue to sing what they want.

I really can’t see a positive outcome here.
This is only going to get worse and worse and it could potentially set us back many years.
Very good chance we are already out tbh, morons keep singing about 19th Century Terrorists pope and terrorists are dinosaurs... Grow the fuk up

I doubt we'll be kicked out for offences committed prior to the charges being brought upon us. They'll give the club time to show it's taking action and steps to get our house in order. After the partial stand closure next week, if the offending songs and words persist then no doubt it'll end in tears for us. We'll get some leeway but not a lot.

This is conjecture on my part but I genuinely do not believe they will escalate their way through the processes that quickly. Otherwise they'd have to hit us with all they've got just now and awarded the tie to Legia anyway. However if we go out and carry on regardless as an act of defiance on Thursday. Then we could conceivably be punished again quite quickly. Same goes if we qualify and do the same during the groups. We don't know what the process is but no doubt they'll be keeping the club in the loop

There are Eastern European teams with “******” chants at players, monkey noises, fascist salutes, piro fkin extravaganzas to the 10th degree and yet we get singled out. I wonder what the correlation is.
We aren’t getting singled out. Even in the same disciplinary release that covers our citation there are multiple partial closures to other clubs for the same thing. It does look as though the intensity to punish for this offence is ramping up with UEFA.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I agree with you.I think this is done and dusted.As soon as "racism" is quoted we are on a hiding to nothing.
Whilst I agree completely, this whole notion of ‘racism’ is utter bullshit and should be challenged in court. A complete bastardisation of the definition of the word which an organisation of this size should not be allowed to perpetuate.

We aren’t getting singled out. Even in the same disciplinary release that covers our citation there are multiple partial closures to other clubs for the same thing. It does look as though the intensity to punish for this offense is ramping up with UEFA.

UEFA have been kicked from pillar to post on the racism front for the last few years throughout various European press outlets. Since they stopped their flagship campaign a few years back. This is a new offensive. In light of recent racial issues across Europe, it makes sense they've upped the ante on it.

UEFA have been kicked from pillar to post on the racism front for the last few years throughout various European press outlets. Since they stopped their flagship campaign a few years back. This is a new offensive. In light of recent racial issues across Europe, it makes sense they've upped the ante on it.
Thanks for that, that makes sense.

Can we block FARE from our grounds. We need to go after these people. No bear should EVER employ these people. They need fixing.

This is going to require stepping out of our comfort zone.

I seriously doubt wether some of us are strong enough to do it.

Years ago after our last uefa fine for singing I challenged a guy in the govan front who was trying to get folk around him to sing the BB. He squared up to me and my dad. I'm 33 my dads 59. Would I do it again? Aye probably but I dont doubt itll go the same way each time.

I don’t understand why we aren’t denying FARE tickets when we know they have an agenda. We maybe shouldn’t sign these thing but there’s a lot worse goes unpunished

Something else.

This is the next attack on us by Liewell and the scum, they are sinister bastards.

They see us coming for them, they know they are struggling in the field, so they have one last roll of the dice and that is to try and cut our financial gains.

We need to take this seriously and do the same to them, get them reported for every single misdemeanor.

We have to fight back and put them in the spotlight, highlight their behaviour and demand puishment.

Last edited:
Years ago after our last uefa fine for singing I challenged a guy in the govan front who was trying to get folk around him to sing the BB. He squared up to me and my dad. I'm 33 my dads 59. Would I do it again? Aye probably but I dont doubt itll go the same way each time.

Others should have backed you up and chased the prick.

Or had him removed, I wish the club would ban them, they would be in their rights.

The problem is away matches also, it could be just as well Bheasts starting trouble there though.

A match behind closed doors will cost us not far off £1.5m in revenue. Enough to pay the wages of an Alfie or a Tav for a season.

The cost of a ban isn’t worth considering, especially when you think that it’s the only avenue for the club to make proper revenue and make the business sustainable.

Any singing of these songs at future games, like it or not, hands 10 in a row to the Filth and impacts the club massively off the field, in income and knock on effect of commercial deals.

If someone still wants to sing these songs then the club need to ban them. And sad as it may sound, maybe it’ll take a couple of hundred bannings before we’re able to make the change.

Nobody likes being in this position, but we are. The rules are not there to be fought. We fall in line with them or we pay a serious cost.

Hopefully enough of us put Rangers first.

A match behind closed doors will cost us not far off £1.5m in revenue. Enough to pay the wages of an Alfie or a Tav for a season.

The cost of a ban isn’t worth considering, especially when you think that it’s the only avenue for the club to make proper revenue and make the business sustainable.

Any singing of these songs at future games, like it or not, hands 10 in a row to the Filth and impacts the club massively off the field, in income and knock on effect of commercial deals.

If someone still wants to sing these songs then the club need to ban them. And sad as it may sound, maybe it’ll take a couple of hundred bannings before we’re able to make the change.

Nobody likes being in this position, but we are. The rules are not there to be fought. We fall in line with them or we pay a serious cost.

Hopefully enough of us put Rangers first.

Can't add a thing to your post.

But I agree solidly 100%.

Explain the ten fines for the mentally challengeds then minus stand closures.
The fines were for various things and they were over a period of years. We have had more than our fare share of fines over the years too for other things without stand closures.

It seems like there is a lot more focus now from UEFA on what we have been charged for this time - Racist behavior. Below is a link to the most recent charges and many of them are for racist behavior. They all come with partial or full stadium closures.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

We are absolutely guilty of what we have been charged with. We don’t get to control who gets charged with it, UEFA do. The one thing we can control is our own behavior. And it’s high time we do that.

Last edited:
The fines were for various things and they were over a period of years. We have had more than our fare share of fines over the years too for other things without stand closures.

It seems like there is a lot more focus now from UEFA on what we have been charged for this time - Racist behavior. Below is a link to the most recent charges and many of them are for racist behavior. They all come with partial stadium closures.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

We are absolutely guilty of what we have been charged with. We don’t get to control who gets charged with it, UEFA do. The one thing we can control is our own behavior. And it’s high time we do that.
What was the racist behaviour?

Can we block FARE from our grounds. We need to go after these people. No bear should EVER employ these people. They need fixing.

They have a partnership with UEFA. I'm not 100% sure on the details but I would imagine their presence is seen as a requirement and Ibrox is viewed as a potential hotspot. We have been warned as a support not to play into the hands of these people, time and time again through various official and unofficial channels. Nobody employs them they are their own entity with a very strong relationship with UEFA. Banning them would be bad optics.

Last edited:

The word 19th Century Terrorist is viewed as being racist in the eyes of UEFA. The banning of the song TBB several years ago is nothing new, UEFA banned all iterations of that song. They don't care about minutiae of it mate. Not a battle our Club is ever going to win and would be a highly frivolous activity to engage in trying to argue for the unbanning of it.

What about Spanish and Italian clubs and Eastern European where you can hear the racist chanting against Coloured players nothing is done about it seem's like a witch hunt from FARE and UEFA against our club.

What about Spanish and Italian clubs and Eastern European where you can hear the racist chanting against Coloured players nothing is done about it seem's like a witch hunt from FARE and UEFA against our club.

Several Eastern European clubs have been cited for similar instances on the same day we were. As far as Italian or Spanish fans aiming monkey chants at Black football players during European competitions, I'm unaware if they've been cited recently. That's besides the point though. We've known the lay of the land on this issue for years now. We've nobody to blame but ourselves for those charges.

Can’t see that happening to be honest.

We’ve played 7 games so far with no warning or caution about our offences.

We’ll have to accept this partial closure then buck up our ideas to stop any further sanctions.

They have further defined racist behavior as sectarian chants in our case.

Charges against Rangers FC:
- Racist behaviour (sectarian chants) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

FK Partizan were also done with racist behavior. They will be playing their next two games behind closed doors.

Like @ronadamus_prime mentioned in a reply to me, it looks like UEFA are definitely ramping up the racist charges and the penalties with them. More so than in previous years.

They have further defined racist behavior as sectarian chants in our case.

Charges against Rangers FC:
- Racist behaviour (sectarian chants) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

FK Partizan were also done with racist behavior. They will be playing their next two games behind closed doors.

Like @ronadamus_prime mentioned in a reply to me, it looks like UEFA are definitely ramping up the racist charges and the penalties with them. More so than in previous years.
Didn't know that"19th Century Terrorists" were now classified as a race. Whatever next?

They have a partnership with UEFA. I'm not 100% sure on the details but I would imagine their presence is seen as a requirement and Ibrox is viewed as a potential hotspot. We have been warned as a support not to play into the hands of these people, time and time again through various official and unofficial channels. Nobody employs them they are their own entity with a very strong relationship with UEFA. Banning them would be bad optics.
From last year but undoubtedly still in effect.

UEFA & Fare team up to promote inclusion, diversity and accessibility in football”

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2576210.html

Didn't know that"19th Century Terrorists" were now classified as a race. Whatever next?
I would guess it’s been portrayed to UEFA as “Irish” or “ catholic” by someone over the years. There are a couple of folks who spring to my mind as candidates but I’ll leave it there.

The bottom line is there is no room to argue. Another instance of it and at a minimum it will cost Rangers over a million pounds, possibly more.

Well what should come next is our fanbase stops shooting itself in the foot by singing a song that UEFA have told us repeatedly to stop singing for several years. While also stopping this pointless compulsion to tack the word '19th Century Terrorist' on to a variety of songs old and new. Then we can all just enjoy watching our team hopefully put in some more decent performances in UEFA run competitions that massively boost our coffers and aid us in signing a better calibre of player. That would be the ideal scenario.

It’s really not difficult to understand.

Kick out the add ons and we will be fine
I’m afraid you still don’t get it, and this isn’t a dig about you as many others don’t either.

TBB is a banned song, along with super Rangers. It’s not just about the addons. If you have rangers interests at heart then don’t sing any of these. And don’t suggest changing the words either, these boats have well and truly set sail.

The club needs to come out and explicitly say what can’t be sung, any ambiguity needs to be removed.

I would guess it’s been portrayed to UEFA as “Irish” or “ catholic” by someone over the years. There are a couple of folks who spring to my mind as candidates but I’ll leave it there.

The bottom line is there is no room to argue. Another instance of it and at a minimum it will cost Rangers over a million pounds, possibly more.
And without opening up another line of discussion the Irish / catholic meaning is also what is meant by the use of the word by some of our support. They are not singing about their dislike of 19th century fighters or other historical groups or people. It's a battle we and the club will never win.

Well what should come next is our fanbase stops shooting itself in the foot by singing a song that UEFA have told us repeatedly to stop singing for several years. While also stopping this pointless compulsion to tack the word '19th Century Terrorist' on to a variety of songs old and new. Then we can all just enjoy watching our team hopefully put in some more decent performances in UEFA run competitions that massively boost our coffers and aid us in signing a better calibre of player. That would be the ideal scenario.
So the fans stop singing the Billy Boys or anything to do with 19th Century Terrorists and no one will bother us. Is that what you are saying? Because it was virtually stopped for almost 10 years and the scum and their allies still came after us.
By the way. Give me a piece of paper that says stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby sands, the pope etc and I’ll sign it. I just think some people are extremely fkin naive (including the club) if they think banishing these words and songs will stop the haters from trying to bury us.

So the fans stop singing the Billy Boys or anything to do with 19th Century Terrorists and no one will bother us. Is that what you are saying? Because it was virtually stopped for almost 10 years and the scum and their allies still came after us.
By the way. Give me a piece of paper that says stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby sands, the pope etc and I’ll sign it. I just think some people are extremely fkin naive (including the club) if they think banishing these words and songs will stop the haters from trying to bury us.

I did not claim this would happen. I said UEFA would get off our backs if we stopped all of the carry on while playing in their competitions. UEFA are not allies of the Scum mate, they've fined them multiple times. I don't subscribe to this idea that Peter Lawwell runs the entirety of European football for his clubs sole benefit alone and more importantly to the detriment of Rangers. It's daft and needlessly muddies the water and damages the discourse. No doubt he's got the ear of some powerful people within the organisation and we know the influence exerts within Scottish football. However we stop singing songs like TBB and tacking on various slurs on Catholics to songs and our relationship at least with UEFA, will marginally improve.

Do you actually need to sign a legally binding contract to get you to behave like an adult? Nobody is saying it's going to be easy or straightforward or that we wont stand our ground ever again in the future. We've been found guilty of charges by UEFA and in order to continue competing in UEFA run competitions we need to abide by their rules. Do you want the club to take on UEFA over this issue? In the face of the fact that the club has already accepted the ban on those songs and words several years ago? We would not be fighting from any position of strength.

Did UEFA/FARE actually fine us for anything (singing wise) when we didn't sing TBB or Super Rangers?

Seemingly loads of clubs got pulled mate not just us

Did UEFA/FARE actually fine us for anything (singing wise) when we didn't sing TBB or Super Rangers?
Where did I mention UEFA? And yes those FARE scumbags came after us and no I’m not trawling hrough 10 years of internet to prove a point. If you are saying that no one came after us when the BB was stopped you are lying or weren’t around. Which is it?

I did not claim this would happen. I said UEFA would get off our backs if we stopped all of the carry on while playing in their competitions. UEFA are not allies of the Scum mate, they've fined them multiple times. I don't subscribe to this idea that Peter Lawwell runs the entirety of European football for his clubs sole benefit alone and more importantly to the detriment of Rangers. It's daft and needlessly muddies the water and damages the discourse. No doubt he's got the ear of some powerful people within the organisation and we know the influence exerts within Scottish football. However we stop singing songs like TBB and tacking on various slurs on Catholics to songs and our relationship at least with UEFA, will marginally improve.

Do you actually need to sign a legally binding contract to get you to behave like an adult? Nobody is saying it's going to be easy or straightforward or that we wont stand our ground ever again in the future. We've been found guilty of charges by UEFA and in order to continue competing in UEFA run competitions we need to abide by their rules. Do you want the club to take on UEFA over this issue? In the face of the fact that the club has already accepted the ban on those songs and words several years ago? We would not be fighting from any position of strength.

I don’t need to sign anything to behave like an adult, no. The reason for mentioning that is some people find it hard to carry two opposing thoughts in their head at the same time and be right on both of them. I agree with what you are saying. I just think some people live in a land of fairy dust and unicorns where no harm comes to anyone who walks the right hand path and us adults just know that ain’t true. Haters gonna hate.

Surely if this is the 1st strike and we have only received notification on it then you have to be given a chance to fix the problem rather than hitting you with another 2 strikes for something that you didn't know they had pulled you up on

Surely if this is the 1st strike and we have only received notification on it then you have to be given a chance to fix the problem rather than hitting you with another 2 strikes for something that you didn't know they had pulled you up on

You’d like to think so but with UEFA FARE and that slanty eyed lady's front bottom anything’s possible regarding us.

Since the dark days of 2012, many people and fans have invested heavily in the club to bring it back from the brink of extinction. We've had to fight off the Whytes, Greens, Easdales, Ashleys and the like. And that's just those on the inside of the club.

Many have put cash in - some a lot, others all they could afford and a few more than they could afford. Lots have contributed their time to help out. We've boycotted Ashley, we've created a fan group that owns nearly 14 million shares in the club and we've created a great feel good factor again. Most of all we've all contributed hugely from our emotional pot - we've been through hell and back to get where we are. We've turned mostly lows initially to mostly highs recently.

Did we do this so a couple of songs sung by a few could undo the great work done by the many?

No we didn't and it should stop. Now.

Racism is the hot topic in football at the moment with a number of players getting abused at games and online, Paul Pogba being the latest just last week.

UEFA will hammer those teams they deem to be racist which at this moment includes some add ons to songs that are sung at Ibrox. If people continue to sing these songs knowing the damage it can do to the club then they are morons and shouldn't be near the club

Racism is the hot topic in football at the moment with a number of players getting abused at games and online, Paul Pogba being the latest just last week.

UEFA will hammer those teams they deem to be racist which at this moment includes some add ons to songs that are sung at Ibrox. If people continue to sing these songs knowing the damage it can do to the club then they are morons and shouldn't be near the club

They are hammering them think it’s about 20 teams got either fined or stands shut think ah read in here some got stadium closures.
FTP and anything that mentions 19th Century Terrorists will get our stadium shut next time it’s that simple.

In all my years on FF I dont think I've seen this forum lose its collective mind as much as it has since yesterday. And that's saying something given the mentalism you read on here at times.

Back