Kicked Out Of Europe This Season – It Can Happen

There are Eastern European teams with “******” chants at players, monkey noises, fascist salutes, piro fkin extravaganzas to the 10th degree and yet we get singled out. I wonder what the correlation is.

Indeed my friend. I had a chuckle seeing us being branded ''racist'' when you see the pish that goes on in places like Russia, Poland, Hungary etc.

What a lot of nonsense.

Maybe if we didn't have idiots in the support who continue to sing songs which we are repeatedly told not to sing, we wouldn't be in this situation?

Whether you like it or not we broke the rules of the competition. That is no ones fault but the fans involved.

Stop the self pity and realise the behaviour must stop. It's our fault. Noone elses.

the above is absolutely true mate.

However even the most level headed supporter can’t say that FARE isn’t a corrupt organisation set up almost exclusively to harm our club. Does any other club in world football face this level of bloodlust from people within its own country?

Celtic have been fined game after game after game. For pitch invasions including Neymar being assaulted. Pyros, fighting in the stands and outside the stadium, their constant and never ending obsession of pretending they’re paramilitaries and glorifying the actions of a terrorist group who killed men, women and children indiscriminately. All of this and they have never had part of their ground closed or threatened with expulsion.

Million and one other cases across Europe of genuine racism and not people misconstruing the word 19th Century Terrorist and twisting it’s meaning (not arguing about the definition uefa don’t like it so it’s pointless arguing) and Although it’s not domestic football Montenegro’s racist abuse of english players saw nothing more than a fine.

Tell me we’re being treated fairly and on the same par as everybody else?

I agree for Europe we must stop singing the songs that have got us into trouble but the whole situation stinks to high heaven.

Fwiw the songs won’t stop. The level headed supporter like you and me that keep an eye on things like this will know not to. But for every one like us there will be two or three other arseholes who haven’t heard of UEFA sanctions, drink 2 bottles of monk juice before the game and sing what they want and won’t be told otherwise. Pretty grim times ahead on the European front if you ask me.

All because we have a sizeable element in our support who could not give a flying duck about the club as long as they can sing what they want.
They are holding a loaded gun to our head and we appear to have no end of supporters prepared to pull the trigger.

Where did I mention UEFA? And yes those FARE scumbags came after us and no I’m not trawling hrough 10 years of internet to prove a point. If you are saying that no one came after us when the BB was stopped you are lying or weren’t around. Which is it?

So you have nothing to back up your claim yet I’m a liar for simply asking a question? How bizarre.

I now see you are referring to them and I’m assuming the SFA are the allies. Again, did we get any fines or punishment in general in the last decade or so for what songs were heard on the terraces?

Whilst I agree completely, this whole notion of ‘racism’ is utter bullshit and should be challenged in court. A complete bastardisation of the definition of the word which an organisation of this size should not be allowed to perpetuate.

My reading of the judgement is that they are saying that "sectarian singing" is being classed as racism.I don't agree with their definition but we are on a hiding to nothing as soon as the "racism"{ word is used.

This is the warning shot across our bows. We wont face any more sanctions if we get out act together going forward. We have been warned and now it's up to the support to comply.

We cant take on EUFA. Theres only going to be one winner there.

I’m afraid you still don’t get it, and this isn’t a dig about you as many others don’t either.

TBB is a banned song, along with super Rangers. It’s not just about the addons. If you have rangers interests at heart then don’t sing any of these. And don’t suggest changing the words either, these boats have well and truly set sail.

The club needs to come out and explicitly say what can’t be sung, any ambiguity needs to be removed.
Mate you’ve obviously missed every comment I’ve made in every thread in regards to this, I’m totally against there’s songs as they’re damaging the club.

As for add ons, we can’t just sing a song but a section of our support feel its necessary to add religion or the pope into it.

Take the Ryan Jack song for instance.

Indeed my friend. I had a chuckle seeing us being branded ''racist'' when you see the pish that goes on in places like Russia, Poland, Hungary etc.
My reading of the judgement is that they are saying that "sectarian singing" is being classed as racism.I don't agree with their definition but we are on a hiding to nothing as soon as the "racism"{ word is used.

I've posted this on a few threads now. If anyone talks to you about the 'racist' crap its easy to argue they are wrong. The media have simply chosen to omit the latter part of the charge ('discriminatory conduct' - which is the bit that applies in our case)

The proper term for the charges we faced is 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct' - only nobody has bothered to use that rather misleading and long-winded term.

This is how UEFA define 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct'.

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

It goes, as you can see, way beyond what most of us would term 'racist'.

Article 14 in their Regs:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I've posted this on a few threads now. If anyone talks to you about the 'racist' crap its easy to argue they are wrong. The media have simply chosen to omit the latter part of the charge ('discriminatory conduct' - which is the bit that applies in our case)

The proper term for the charges we faced is 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct' - only nobody has bothered to use that rather misleading and long-winded term.

This is how UEFA define 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct'.

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

It goes, as you can see, way beyond what most of us would term 'racist'.

Article 14 in their Regs:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Our club mentioned racism in their statement...

Our club mentioned racism in their statement...

Yup, they did. If I recall they said 'racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing'. They didn't do anything like enough to make the distinction clear. The fact is the UEFA Article which saw us charged was Article 14 - entitled 'Racist and Discriminatory Behaviour'. Rangers should have 'majored' on the latter part of that because there was no (to my knowledge) 'racist' behaviour.

They could easily have said 'sectarian singing - which comes under the banner of Article 14 on Racist and Discriminatory Behavior' to make it clearer.

In all my years on FF I dont think I've seen this forum lose its collective mind as much as it has since yesterday. And that's saying something given the mentalism you read on here at times.

See that as a positive. I'd be more worried if this had been shrugged off. Too many decent Rangers fans out there wanting this settled once and for all so we can move forward as a football club

Back