Kids in Loudon.

Do what my dad did all those years ago. Can of juice, bag of crisps outside for me, and go for a beer.

I know it's pishing, but it didn't do me any harm.

Just an experience that they can have a laugh about when they are older.

While the louden is a great pub and I understand why kids are not allowed in the club need to think about having somewhere families can go before the game especially with young kids thats why i really hope they build a family friendly bar or cafe at edmiston house ,would be handy for days like today when the weather is crap

Kids not permitted - just send them to the bookies to put on your bets whilst you enjoy a beer or two.

While the louden is a great pub and I understand why kids are not allowed in the club need to think about having somewhere families can go before the game especially with young kids thats why i really hope they build a family friendly bar or cafe at edmiston house ,would be handy for days like today when the weather is crap

We did try and get a fan zone, in fairness.

I remember for a while they were using the Argyle Suite as a fan bar, possibly during the dark days of the lower leagues, and it was great because it was somewhere to go for a pint and they allowed kids in too. Was never overly busy either, so usually got a seat. Was great for letting the Subway queue die down. I believe they stopped this due to the demand for hospitality which is fair enough.

I've had my kids in there a few times. No issues at all apart from trying to get them to go to the bar...

go to the rangers club or orange halls. Kids are allowed in there

Do what my dad did all those years ago. Can of juice, bag of crisps outside for me, and go for a beer.

Copland roads no place for kids to hang around when there no game day.place is houching wae junkies n poets. Only 2 weeks ago a guy was badly slashed he didnt have a cigarette to give to 2 junkies that was at the subway.. .BEST BET GO INTO TOWN PLENTY OF PUBS CATER FOR CHILDREN JUST ORDER FOOD

When social service release the info so they can go meet their parents again at 24...

Copland roads no place for kids to hang around when there no game day.place is houching wae junkies n poets. Only 2 weeks ago a guy was badly slashed he didnt have a cigarette to give to 2 junkies that was at the subway.. .BEST BET GO INTO TOWN PLENTY OF PUBS CATER FOR CHILDREN JUST ORDER FOOD

I replied on the pretence that the game was going ahead. I'm sure the doormen in The Louden would look out for the kid.

I know it's not their job, but im sure they would. Really nice guys.

They do have a heart. :D

Separate to the thread title, but thanks to the Louden for brightening up our afternoon. Friendly bar staff, cultural tunes, good beer and a ham roll. Always enjoy visiting when we come over. Cheers

Regarding kids in pubs, I went into the Granary in Shawlads yesterday with the wife and Granddaughter as they allow kids in the lounge. Asked for a menu, a pint and a glass of wine. The waitress said, are you definitely eating, I said yes could I have my drink while I look. No, you’ve got to order the food with the drink. Good old Scottish hospitality, went to the Corona and was no problem. I’d have put this in the lounge but I’m not allowed yet, at least that’s another post towards it.

My kids are 29 and 32 that’s ridiculous
That reminds me of my installation. Sunday morning and harry is giving it big licks, "it's ridiculous his never came in till half 3 in the morning, he took me home at 12 and then came back up to the club" etc. After five minutes wee Davie the barman sticks his head round " feck sake harry your boys 67 it's no the end of the world".
Harry was 92 at the time.

Back