Killie 1 Celtic 1

Just had a look at the highlights of this game. 90 percent of the mentally challengeds attempts coming from 25 yards out. No real threat from wide and who even is their goalie.

Couldn‘t help myself so had a quick peek over on KDS. Very few of their players or their manager not coming under fire. Everyone is now shite apparently. What a difference a week makes.
Same on the Fiddleboard, Lennon for his poor tactics, plus Julienne and Ajer for being too soft and unable to cope with aggressive forwards, but Christie and Broon get the worst pelters. :))

Did Ntcham not get away with one similar last season?

When you see some of the refs that Morelos got and even the red Kent got in the friendly. A reds a red when it concerns the laws of the game. It's only fair that it's applied across the board.

My mate (who was told directly from Frimpong) says it’s a strong possibility he could be sold this window. He won’t sign a new deal.
Nor should he. As much as it pains me to say it, he is clearly a promising player who has good potential. No reason for him to stay for a “10“ in a row which means very little to him. Hopefully he does go.

Frimpong burst onto the scene but he hasn't maintained that early form, clearly a good young player but El Hamed is much better defensively.

I two watched most of both games too. Brown has put in a European level performance in both matches. He is noticeably slower and regularly diving and missing tackles. Had we not gone in to admin Brown would now be playing in the championship. He has benefited greatly from the past decade of upheaval.
Plus, as usual, the prick should have been sent off today. Goes through two prick killie players (No card), then kicks someone in the stomach/chest (which he does regularly), gets yellow for that then hands out a little dissent. Every Rangers player would have been booked for his double tackle.

Well picked out. Muir is apologetic in giving out the yellow. Coward. Brown gets up with murder.

Can you explain your logic here?
My logic is if that was a rangers player I would be disgusted if that was a red card. We can moan about the treatment of Alfie until we are blue in the face and I agree he was targeted but I am objective enough to look at that one incident and say I would not be happy if one of our players was sent off for that. There was nothing in it.

My logic is if that was a Rangers player I would be disgusted if that was a red card. We can moan about the treatment of Alfie until we are blue in the face and I agree he was targeted but I am objective enough to look at that one incident and say I would not be happy if one of our players was sent off for that. There was nothing in it.

Rugby and American Football will 'red card' any player who deliberately strikes an opponents head, even if you accidentally endanger the safety of an opponent you can be given your cards, why should football be any different?

Frimpong burst onto the scene but he hasn't maintained that early form, clearly a good young player but El Hamed is much better defensively.

Did he really burst on to the scene? Had a couple of decent games followed by the usual Scottish press propaganda. From the admittedly limited amount I've seen him, he has some raw ability (pace and a few tricks, basically) but he seems like the kind of player who'll get beat on his side a lot as he's essentially a winger.

Having watched their highlights it looked like that big diddy Julien got rag-dolled again. What an absolute bomb scare that clown is, he'll get absolutely destroyed against anyone with a bit of strength and quality. They have an extremely shaky defence which is saved due to them being strong in attack and hemming teams in.

Didnt watch their game but what's the new keeper like?

The defence looked beatable last year, and Forster kept making a few saves that kept them in games (before they would go up park and score).

Didnt watch their game but what's the new keeper like?

The defence looked beatable last year, and Forster kept making a few saves that kept them in games (before they would go up park and score).

Didn't have much to do but looked solid enough to me.

Rugby and American Football will 'red card' any player who deliberately strikes an opponents head, even if you accidentally endanger the safety of an opponent you can be given your cards, why should football be any different?
Not sure how to answer that as you are comparing oranges with lemons. By the same token ufc and boxing don’t employ those rules or why in football unlike tennis you don’t get a goal against for touching the net. Different sports.

I think ‘endangering an opponent’ my be reaching a little.

I stand by my point though that if a Rangers player was retrospectively banned for what Eduard did I would be fuming. That is the logic I am using to say it wasn’t a red.

You're right mate. Hate tackles like that. The rules should be changed to make it a red. A 'taking 1 for the team tackle'. Cowardly. Can seriously injure someone.
Was it not similar to Black's on Jelavic at Tynecastle although not as nasty?

Yep the same, I agree a shocking challenge. Dont get me wrong if it put him out for months then I wouldn't have been sad

After the shit Morelos, Jack, Kent, McGregor and a few others have all been red carded or retrospectively suspended for over the last couple of years, it’s mental that so many bears are dismissing that Edouard incident.

It’s a clear and deliberate motion towards an opponents face that would see anyone in our squad suspended.

Folk only need to check our recent record at Rugby Park to see it's one of the toughest away fixtures on the calendar.

A draw was a welcome result but on it's own it isn't a sign of anything more significant.

My logic is if that was a Rangers player I would be disgusted if that was a red card. We can moan about the treatment of Alfie until we are blue in the face and I agree he was targeted but I am objective enough to look at that one incident and say I would not be happy if one of our players was sent off for that. There was nothing in it.

Is that perhaps because you are ignorant to the laws of the game? There is no snide intention in my question by the way.

If our player was sent off for that, I’d blame him,

Hardly burst on to the scene just the papers raving about him and his bubbly character.

Yet to see him play well,

He was the one player to play well against us in the League Cup Final, gave Kamara a bit of a runaround without turning it into anything too dangerous.
He has the raw materials to be a useful player. Fortunately he has that youthful inconsistency at present. Perhaps hasn’t developed that end product yet either.

Saw their highlights the boy up front for killie looked a handful ran julien ragged. He cannot cope with a physical forward which is shy I hope alfie stays

Can't remember him getting anywhere near our box, in fact he never cos none of them did that day. If that's his talent in giving a midfielder the run about once or twice on the halfway line I'd say he had a poor game and contained very well.

He gave the person assigned to mark him a tough game, he played well considering he had no assistance from the rest of his team, that's all I'm saying. I cannot comment on his overall ability as I don't watch Celtic unless we are the opponents.

Is that perhaps because you are ignorant to the laws of the game? There is no snide intention in my question by the way.

If our player was sent off for that, I’d blame him,
It’s a difference of opinions. It wasn’t the punch people are making out, it was a shove and that happens all the time.

Anyway I’m not on to defend that rat, just bemused after the results at the weekend and what I would say as incident free refereeing performances so far this season that some seem to be determined to play the victim card and claim everyone is against us. I just haven’t seen it thus far.

It’s a difference of opinions. It wasn’t the punch people are making out, it was a shove and that happens all the time.

Anyway I’m not on to defend that rat, just bemused after the results at the weekend and what I would say as incident free refereeing performances so far this season that some seem to be determined to play the victim card and claim everyone is against us. I just haven’t seen it thus far.

I’ve said elsewhere in the thread that I’m unwilling to say it’s a red based on the footage I’ve seen. I didn’t watch the game on TV and I am relying on the YouTube video.

The point I am making is that it is not ‘nothing’, Edouard raises his hands towards the defender and if he connects with the face then the starting point for a referee is that it’s a red card offence unless the force was negligible.

While I accept the force may not have been enough to send the defender to the ground, I’m not satisfied it was negligible.

No one is saying there's a huge bias right now as we are only two games in to the season.
What is important is that you remember these incidents, the punishment (or lack of) and the media concern.
The past two seasons have started comparatively quietly, with the exception of Morelos's rescinded red card. (Clancy).
There is a direct correlation between how these things are judged when it's a Rangers' player, the time of the season and our league position in relation to *elti*. Around November, if we're top of the league, the Compliance Officer will wake up from her hibernation.
Let's see what happens the first time Morelos is involved in anything close to controversial. We're two games in and history tells us that if Morelos had tackled like Broon or raised his hands like Edouard he'd currently be suspended.

I’ve said elsewhere in the thread that I’m unwilling to say it’s a red based on the footage I’ve seen. I didn’t watch the game on TV and I am relying on the YouTube video.

The point I am making is that it is not ‘nothing’, Edouard raises his hands towards the defender and if he connects with the face then the starting point for a referee is that it’s a red card offence unless the force was negligible.

While I accept the force may not have been enough to send the defender to the ground, I’m not satisfied it was negligible.
what if it was negligible twice? :)

Back