Killie boss Manager of the Month

TN8

Ah yes. I remember when everyone was all set to get raging because Gerrard wasn't going to be manager of the month for September. There was a daily thread about how it hadn't been announced yet but it definitely wouldn't be him.

Then it was him.

But now we've finally got something to be raging about. And I for one am absolutely fuuuuuuucking LIVID.

TommyEgan

Played 4 league games in October got 9 points. We played 4 and got 10.

Take it the award isn’t results based then?
It is results based. But its not all black and white. Have to look at the other factors behind it and Killie winning 3 out of 4 is showing a lot of consistency for a team like them in comparison to ourselves and the scum where its expected of us.

Also, they lost to the sheep in that 1 game, after getting someone sent off early on who should never have been sent off. So a shame for them really.

Lemmy

Be as well giving it to avril as a leaving present. Only prizes worth having are not handed out on a monthly basis.

basiltherat

Those upset or arguing against it presumably feel Brian Clough winning the European Cup with Nottingham Forest is no more of a managerial feat than Zidane winning it with Real Madrid

Not that Manager of the Month matters a damn anyway

Shongo

Billy Reid in 07/08 still annoys me seeing that in the post above. No harm to him and one I think he was a bit embarrassed to take at the time.

In reality though it means very little, my own annoyance aside

final_straws

Played 4 league games in October got 9 points. We played 4 and got 10.

Take it the award isn’t results based then?
I cannot see why people are arguing this & more so getting annoyed.

We expect to pick up 10 - maximum points from 4 games & would call it good form. Alessio has gone well beyond expectations by picking up 9 with limited resources & which is even more impressive considering they looked useless at the start of the season.

There is a clear effort to spread around these awards to the other teams (no bad thing imo) & yes some of the awards particularly the season end ones have been a joke. However I don't see any clear argument against this one

nzb

Let’s be honest, these awards only purpose is to get the league sponsors logo in all the papers again every month. No one cares