Killie fans 'feel intimidated' when Old Firm visit Rugby Park, says Billy Bowie

Play in an empty ground then, don’t want the locals upset do we.
I’m sure the local pubs and the clubs accountants would be delighted.

Pubs are closing in Killie on a monthly basis regardless of whether we or the filth are in town.

Most of my Killie supporting mates say they would rather it was the filth the allocation was cut against,,,,they certainly feel more intimidated when they are in town

They have always been pricks. I'm glad those outwith the area are now seeing this. 2012 was when their masks slipped big time. Sure there are the ones who prefer us over Celtic but that's usually based on perceived religious preference as much as anything. There's a lot of them I've never spoken to again and I pray they go under.

If they want to sell tickets to their own fans at their own ground and they think they can do without the ‘blue pound’ than fair enough.

The problem becomes when the inevitable glory hunters bugger off in a season or two and they come crawling back hat in hand and too many bears are gullible enough to tell them to stick it.

They might sell a few more tickets for the game. But we all know their crowds will be back to being pathetic 4 weeks into next season

poor wee angels getting all worried and fretting. maybe we should contribute to therapy lessons to make sure big bad us don't affect other areas of their lives like marriage and their jobs.

maybe giving them attendance medals might help them from getting low self-esteem? :D

I don't understand the uproar on here and on social media, we'll still have a very good allocation of 4k+, one of the bigger ones of the year.

They've just done what the majority of their supporters no doubt want, less OF fans at Rugby Park. FF w*nked itself senseless when the same decision was made last summer regarding the 19th Century Terrorists allocation.

That’s fine, rely on your own fans to bankroll the club and cease to exist within 12 months then if it bothers you that much.

Don't really understand why they'd feel this way, I've ventured down a few times and had a drink and a spoke to their own fans in the hotel / bar at the back of the stadium.
Never been any animosity and I don't recall any problems in or around the stadium between our fans and theirs.
Perhaps he means the noise levels in the stadium cause the few hundred they bring are outsung by the few thousand we bring o_O

They absolutely 100% won't be trying to give us two stands worth of tickets next season then?

I wish they'd get their story straight on this. Is it for the 150th Celebrations, or is it for Clarke's last game or is it that they hate us and are pandering to their vocal fans who want to work it up us despite it costing their own club money.

Sell out Saturday, anyone?

I think Billy is digging himself a fairly large hole & he'd be better served stopping digging.

At various points in the last couple of seasons we have had Hibs, Aberdeen & now Kilmarnock deliberately & actively turning away thousands of "customers" who want to attend football matches & will pay lots of money to them for the privilege.

An entertainment industry taking this approach is truly staggering.

Tv should be refusing to show games at rugby park anyway shitty wee plastic pitch and now a stadium with 3 empty stands.

Don't really understand why they'd feel this way, I've ventured down a few times and had a drink and a spoke to their own fans in the hotel / bar at the back of the stadium.
Never been any animosity and I don't recall any problems in or around the stadium between our fans and theirs.
Perhaps he means the noise levels in the stadium cause the few hundred they bring are outsung by the few thousand we bring o_O

They are much more intimidated by the scum, and agree that there is a clear behaviour difference between us & them.

Straight from a Killie fan.

I'm fine with killie doing this.

So long as when their normality returns, Rangers refuse the stand back and it's made sure we cannot buy killie end tickets. When the plastic pitch farce dies out and they need to 're lay grass perhaps missing out on 16,000 x £30 might concentrate their minds that us and sadly celtc keep them solvent. Can a relatively small business happily throw away the fat end of 500k a year?

That pitch isn't going to buy itself...

You have got to laugh at killie, for years they have used the old firm to subsidise their team, selling 8000 tickets because they know they can't fill their ground,, they can't attract their own fans, play on a plastic disgrace of a park, play dreadful turgid football, we'll see how long they keep up with selling us only one stand

Last edited:
They are still going to be "intimidated" whether it's one stand of 2 because their fans are so bad.

If there was an award for worst home support in Scotland, they would be in the running every year. You get better atmosphere at junior games.

I don't understand the uproar on here and on social media, we'll still have a very good allocation of 4k+, one of the bigger ones of the year.

They've just done what the majority of their supporters no doubt want, less OF fans at Rugby Park. FF w*nked itself senseless when the same decision was made last summer regarding the 19th Century Terrorists allocation.

This again. The two situations aren't remotely similar.

We cut the scum's allocation because we have 47k season tickets holders, with thousands more on the waiting list, and fill our ground every home game without fail. We don't have to dick clubs about chopping and changing their allocations all the time depending on how well we're doing on the pitch.

What has happened here is simple - Kilmarnock have made an unexpected mint off us this season and having done so they've now decided they want nothing to do with us. There's not a chance they would've taken this decision had they not made a fortune off us already. In addition to treating our fans like dirt they are further sticking the boot in in the media by subtlely branding us all thugs.

Let them rot in their empty third rate shit pit of a ground from now on.

I look forward to Kilmarnock not taking up their allocation at Ibrox if we upset them that much, nothing better than seeing that corner filled with Rangers fans and proving we can create a better atmosphere all on our own

Only in Scotland would clubs commit financial suicide like this. Cut 4,000 off the gate yet you'll be lucky if they get any more than 500 of their own taking up the difference (and I'm being generous here). I remember a time when you'd go to Rugby Park, Fir Park, McDermid Park, Love Street etc and they'd be packed to the rafters, with a great atmosphere and no trouble. Now in the home end it's almost 3 men and a dog. And still they want to cut it more? Bizarre, utterly bizarre.

Scottish football - killing itself since 2012.

And it moans about not getting much TV money!!! Is it any wonder?!

Exactly, people may laugh at how plastic and tourist friendly the English league is, well they've got a TV deal worth almost £5billion. They talk up their game, up here on the other hand the media and fans greet about having scraps while refusing to talk up the game and instead try to force any talented players we have out the league.

We get what we deserve.

Back