Killie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

our current form if anything to go by should fill us with confidence for killie, but my worry is that disaster the call a pitch, let’s be honest you never see the best of us or the mhanks there as the players are weary of injuries.This is when we know how far we have come when it comes to these games if we get the result, the question is what can we do to cut killie open early and force them to play open.

It's ridiculous that in the nation's top league the biggest factor for discussion is a two bit plastic pitch and the inherent risk of injury to professional sportsmen.
Welcome to the SPFL.
Exactly. Instead of the SPFL trying to give themselves absolute power to void the league by a complex set of interrelated questions designed to cover any interpretation they fancy they should be asking clubs and fans if plastic pitches should be removed.

Think it's our hardest game so far, not because of the quality of the opposition but how they play, the pitch and the chance to go 9 clear (think we've overcome that pressure though). Just hope we can go and do a professional job and get a 2-0 with no injuries or dramas

I am not exactly confident going into the weekend and this game.

Nagging feeling that as we hit the winter months, this group still has it all to prove. This group just haven’t shown they can step up and get wins in key games against the likes of Killie away from home.

Every time they do it this season, they ease the nagging doubts auld haddies like me have are wrong.

Sunday is enormous in terms of self belief and confidence for the players and the support. Winning there on Sunday would be another monkey off this group’s collective back. Another psychological barrier smashed.

I'd start Jones on Sunday
I agree. Sounds silly to base a team on a playing surface but I do think he would be more effective on that pitch than the other right sided number 10s we have. Would also play Morelos as he's scored a few goals there before and think the physical nature of the game will suit him. Would play Jack too as it'll be a battle in the middle of the park

Midfield will be key on Sunday, they have Power and Dicker who aren’t particularly skilful but will kick anything that moves and get right in our faces. If we can overcome that we will win comfortably.

Morelos has a good record against Killie and hopefully his goal last night will give him confidence. I reckon he will start and score.

I would be tempted to go 2 up top and go more direct, the pitch does not allow us to play good football so we need to be winning the second balls and getting deliveries into their box.

The big difference now is that is if we get ahead we have the defence and game management to see the game out

Think I’ve posted this in a couple of threads already this morning but it can’t be emphasized enough,This is the next most important game of the season.
We must put the pressure on ten fold no questions asked just do it.

many concern is the past 2 games we have been a bit off it and I don’t think that type of performance will get us a win their

The pitch is a leveller, there’s no escaping that reality.

It’s a huge game for us, it would be massive on so many levels to come away with the 3 points.

We need a winning goal not an early goal. This fallacy of an early goal is becoming more prevalent on here.

No need to worry if we haven't scored in the first few minutes. Plenty of time left in the match.

I would be tempted to go 2 up top and go more direct, the pitch does not allow us to play good football so we need to be winning the second balls and getting deliveries into their box.

The big difference now is that is if we get ahead we have the defence and game management to see the game out

That would play into their hands imo.

4-2-3-1 and shift the ball quickly, with plenty movement in and around their box.

Aribo, Arfield and Kent in behind Morelos will cause them plenty problems imo.

Morelos and Aribo hopefully starters for me on Sunday. Kilmarnock will have everybody behind the ball most of the time. Aribo’s close control would be a big help.
The Kilmarnock plastic pitch is terrible but should play a bit better than normal with the wet weather.
Fkn despise these pitches :mad:

As long as the team don't treat it any differently to any of our recent games we'll be fine, don't get into a scrap as that's what they want, just play the way we have been and we'll win.

I think that’s been the key this season. Previously we’ve gone into games expecting a battle and getting involved in one. This season, so far, we’ve just went out and played. No fans has played its part in this IMO.

On top of the awful pitch which is a leveller and makes it difficult to carve out lots of chances - there are 40 mile an hour winds forecast on Sunday.
Might be about getting it into dangerous areas and get bodies in the box.

I am not exactly confident going into the weekend and this game.

Nagging feeling that as we hit the winter months, this group still has it all to prove. This group just haven’t shown they can step up and get wins in key games against the likes of Killie away from home.

Every time they do it this season, they ease the nagging doubts auld haddies like me have are wrong.

Sunday is enormous in terms of self belief and confidence for the players and the support. Winning there on Sunday would be another monkey off this group’s collective back. Another psychological barrier smashed.

This game is absolutely pivotal.

I absolutely agree with your point, and this is a major mental challenge.

We’re asking the squad if they have the winners mindset, not if they can play football.

It sounds stupid, but I feel if we go there & really perform & win, say, 3.0 we can win the league.

The pitch is a leveller, there’s no escaping that reality.

It’s a huge game for us, it would be massive on so many levels to come away with the 3 points.
The thing with playing on it is the recovery time for the players , I would imagine Big Edmondo will be playing with Goldson to protect the other two center halfs for Thursday.

If we do what we have been doing and go into the game with a positive attitude we should win. I have been at all the matches at Rugby Park since we came back up and some have been dreadful.
I can't recall us keeping a clean sheet and have lost matches we have been ahead in. We can't stoop to their level and have a physical battle. Play our usual game and play them off the park.

for once i have a good feeling about Sundays game,far too often lately we have let ourselves down at rugby park, and I think our players and management will be well up for rectifying that,,gonna go out on a limb here for once and say we will be comfortable winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back