Killie's new pitch

The sin of that surface at Kilmarnock was that before they laid it ,they destroyed probably the best natural grass surface in Scotland . Played on it quite a few times and didn't matter what time of year it was an absolute dream to play on . The guy who decided to change it should be shot .

Your spot on, the best playing surface of grass, and umpteen number of times took that prize, so much so that we got their groundsman to take care of Ibrox away back.

After the Killie result last night I went into one of their fans forums to see what they were saying about it. Some of their fans were commenting on the state of their 'new' pitch which they claimed was worse than the old one. I don't know if the SPFL as a body has a formal requirement to inspect a club's pitch before a new season starts but in view of what Killie's own supporters are saying about the pitch I think the SPFL need to go down to Rugby Park as a matter of urgency to have a look at it.

If they would have got a result last night, there would have been no complaints from any of those fans.
Nothing could be any worse than that park last season, it was a disgrace and a danger to footballers in general.
Instead of blaming the park, they should look at their teams very poor performance.
They and others had a good laugh at us, when a small club defeated us.Now who's laughing.

The sin of that surface at Kilmarnock was that before they laid it ,they destroyed probably the best natural grass surface in Scotland . Played on it quite a few times and didn't matter what time of year it was an absolute dream to play on . The guy who decided to change it should be shot .

He obviously put money into his pocket, by allowing that to be installed.

Is it a sporting advantage to clubs that have one?

Are those clubs with these pitches finishing higher than they would on grass?

No idea how you'd prove this either.

Plastic pitches are an abomination. They should be banned. If junior and lower league teams can maintain grass pitches then so should premier league sides. The worry is that the other wee diddy clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell, St Jonhstone etc decide they want to have one.

To be fair, St mirrens pitch is one of the best surfaces going in the league. And they have excellent grass pitches at Ralston, adjacent to their smaller Astro.

Killie fan in my work claims its down to basically cutting of revenue as they hire it out for 7s during the weeks and also cant afford to build a training pitch either.

Both not acceptable as you say for elite level clubs. Embarrassing they rely on that to be honest

Exactly, it's not acceptable.

They are a professional football club (apparently) first. But as I've said on here before, people here don't have the right to complain about a poor tv deal, the poor standard of football etc while they defend these surfaces.

Would you invest you're money into broadcasting our game as a spectacle? I know I wouldn't.

Kilmarnocks pitch is UEFA approved, they also have to pay a fee of around £1,000 to get it approved which allows them to play European games on it, people come with all sorts of equipment to do tests on the pitch after it's been laid, report is sent to UEFA and they certify it.

Is it a sporting advantage to clubs that have one?

Are those clubs with these pitches finishing higher than they would on grass?

No idea how you'd prove this either.
No it’s not.

Simply because every team in the league has the option to install a similar pitch.

It would only be an unfair advantage if they were doing something the rest of the teams couldn’t

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have to get together and work to force the removal of these surfaces.

They obviously haven't learned the bounce on this new pitch as it will be totally different. Boy in my work put a tenner on Kilmarnock getting relegated at 66/1 as he said the players are struggling on it.

Surely the opportunity was there to actually lay a proper surface for a professional football club in a country with a moderate climate and the technical ability to maintain a first-class grass playing surface in 2019?

Instead, we have them charging the equivalent of top admission prices for a West End show in a flaming scout hut.

They want the money but fail to understand the dynamics of the contractual exchange and are allowed to get away with this plunder under the woeful administration of the SFA.
They are cheats who cheat the public and steal off the ordinary paying customer.
You know you could be on to something here. Perhaps if these clubs were forced to give away fans tickets at x% less than they sell to their own fans (from teams who don't cheat the public) as compensation, they may think twice about laying one in the first place.
Young Killie supporter in work says it is the worst pitch he has ever seen and this is from a guy that defended the abortion that was their last pitch. So it must be fcuking atrocious
Didn't seem to bother the Welsh lads. Looking for excuses.

Back