"Killing the vibe" - Talk Celtic responds to the Lennon news

Just when Bernadette thought she would be safe, this news breaks. Be a queue at the A&E tonight.

Celtic fans are far more violent when they win, especially after the years of beatings we've had off them since 2016, they've taken things too far after the games.

Recent video from the pub in Coatbridge, them attacking each other at Glasgow Cross, stabbing one another recently at the Merchant City etc, could go on

They are putting the penny’s away for digby brown and Thompson’s at the door
They are on a downward spiral of their own doing the crimes they tried to hide are coming back to haunt them
As much as my heart breaks for all the young lads who they ruined I will watch their demise with a feeling of utter glee
Enjoy yer dar tainted trebles you won against aberdeen

Lol, talk of a fitting send off for him then it's announced, bedlam. Haha. They've certainly went for the yellow sticker option.

Kerrydale Street is absolutely spewing over this.

"Fúck off. If you can't get Modric you don't just buy James McArthur instead"

They've been furiously w anking over Benitez, Mourinho, AVB etc for weeks and genuinely, hilariously been pontificating in nasally twangs about whose approach and tactics would suit them best. It's clear that this is a major boot in the balls for nearly all of them.

They are on a downward spiral of their own doing the crimes they tried to hide are coming back to haunt them
As much as my heart breaks for all the young lads who they ruined I will watch their demise with a feeling of utter glee
Do you honestly think they will be liable for millions?Im afraid they will get off with paying a few hundred thousand quid if we’re lucky.To me they are downsizing...getting their wage bill down is a priority.A big name manager would have wanted a sizeable budget,that’s why they’ve went for wee pop.Still good for us though as they are dire.Get our house in order,roll the dice and 55 become a realistic chance.

A wee warning wouldn't have gone amiss, seeing that manky green background was immediately boak inducing! Still, once seen, etc, and the balloon bursting comments from the Beggars were somewhat of a compensation.

So bizarre that they release the news that he has been offered the job.

Potential for a massive PR own goal if he rejects it. I know thats very unlikely but you would think they would wait until it is official before releasing statements.

Do you honestly think they will be liable for millions?Im afraid they will get off with paying a few hundred thousand quid if we’re lucky.To me they are downsizing...getting their wage bill down is a priority.A big name manager would have wanted a sizeable budget,that’s why they’ve went for wee pop.Still good for us though as they are dire.Get our house in order,roll the dice and 55 become a realistic chance.
So effectively you’re saying that there will be some sort of financial punishment for their crime?
But the penalty will only be ‘a few hundred thousand quid’?
To pay that few hundred thousand quid there would need to be some sort of admission of culpability. And if/when they are found to be culpable of covering up child abuse the penalties will be far higher than the paltry figures you’re quoting. Do you really think a few thousand pounds to the multiple victims and their families will be acceptable recompense for the untold damage caused by that club? Do you really think their lawyers will settle for that? I don’t.

Last edited:
So effectively you’re saying that there will be some sort of financial punishment for their crimes ?
To pay that few hundred thousand quid there would need to be some sort of admission of culpability. And if/when they are found to be culpable of covering up child abuse the penalties will be far higher than the paltry figures you’re quoting. Do you really think a few thousand pounds to the multiple victims and their families will be acceptable recompense for the untold damage caused by that club? Do you really think their lawyers will settle for that? I don’t.
If or when they are found guilty the sums for PTSD are paltry.Now if the American lawyers were to get in in the act as if we are to believe abuse also took place in America,different story.

The most telling thing for me was the way the board tried to bury the appointment. They know, as do the fans, that Lennon is not the appointment to take them forward. He is volatile and confrontational and there are already rumours that some in the dressing room can't take to him. Lennon had them over a barrel by winning the treble in many ways, but the way the news was released was very telling imo.

The most telling thing for me was the way the board tried to bury the appointment. They know, as do the fans, that Lennon is not the appointment to take them forward. He is volatile and confrontational and there are already rumours that some in the dressing room can't take to him. Lennon had them over a barrel by winning the treble in many ways, but the way the news was released was very telling imo.
He is their pound shop manager

After the Church of Scotland pay out to the family of abused kids in one of their care homes I have a feeling it’s set a precedence.

That thing looks like one of those geocities websites from the 90's. What an absolute mess.

So effectively you’re saying that there will be some sort of financial punishment for their crimes ?

Yeah. I seriously doubt their lawyers would settle for their clients getting 40 grand each or something.

Where’s Alan Shore when you need him?

A few hundred thousand? Do you really think they're going to walk away from this virtiually unscathed? I really despair with some of the stuff I see from what are supposed to be fellow Bears.

Agreed. As you and I know mate, there's absolutely no chance of them walking away and simply paying a few hundred thousand pounds for the turmoil and multitude of ruined lives they've left behind over 40-50 years. It's nonsense.

Papers seem to be reporting that 'some' supporters aren't happy about this, implying they're a minority, which is blatantly a lie.

Agreed. As you and I know mate, there's absolutely no chance of them walking away and simply paying a few hundred thousand pounds for the turmoil and multitude of ruined lives they've left behind over 40-50 years. It's nonsense.
So because you’ve an opinion that differs you’re not a bear! Turn it in with the childish quips.Only time will tell what they’ll be liable for and if it is millions I’ll be the first one on here to apologise.

So because you’ve an opinion that differs you’re not a bear! Turn it in with the childish quips.Only time will tell what they’ll be liable for and if it is millions I’ll be the first one on here to apologise.

There will be no need to apologise. Your thoughts and comments are as valid as anyone in here as we're all entitled to our opinion. But, to say what you did for what's probably the world's biggest sporting scandal (an actual paedo ring) is as I said, filed under nonsense. I find it difficult to believe that anyone could have that mindset, even after the way that mob get looked after. Some of the rats are already jumping ship and it will only get worse for them.

There will be no need to apologise. Your thoughts and comments are as valid as anyone in here as we're all entitled to our opinion. But, to say what you did for what's probably the world's biggest sporting scandal (an actual paedo ring) is as I said, filed under nonsense. I find it difficult to believe that anyone could have that mindset, even after the way that mob get looked after. Some of the rats are already jumping ship and it will only get worse for them.
Mate I’m getting your point but historicalily compensation for PTSD isn’t as much as you’d think.I want these b*stards to answer to their crimes as much as anyone.However if it’s proved that the peado ring was involved in the states then that’s a different story altogether.And what I will say is if it starts to heat up those horrible chunts will settle out of court and we will never know what it payed out.

Mate I’m getting your point but historicalily compensation for PTSD isn’t as much as you’d think.I want these b*stards to answer to their crimes as much as anyone.However if it’s proved that the peado ring was involved in the states then that’s a different story altogether.And what I will say is if it starts to heat up those horrible chunts will settle out of court and we will never know what it payed out.

You're correct, some of the compensation handed out for PTSD and some others has been paltry. However, the CoS just paid out £1M to three people for the abuse they suffered.

This sordid affair has been hanging over that hell hole for decades and I'm sure we're only aware of some of the people involved and also, some of the incidents that took place. This was a full blown paedo ring in operation. It was covered up (see who's name/names comes out of the shadows in facilitating just that - it has to be people of power) and they're now trying to cover up the cover up. They're simply digging a bigger hole for them and I hope they all get buried in it.

They've escaped situations before, NOT THIS ONE. More and more people throughout the world have their eyes on this, it isn't just up to their lickspittles in Scotland to play this down. They will punished financially, hopefully plenty and their brand name will forever be toxic. They should actually be closed down if justice was being served fully.

At the end of the day, whatever brings closure to the many victims is paramount. Whatever works for them. I'd rather see everything going through the courts so the entire world can see what we've known about them for decades and bring every single one of the guilty parties to task.

An out of court settlement is probably best for most of the victims and all we can do is respect their wishes and support them in whatever they decide. The deserve everything they get and I hope the biggest thing is closure for them.

Wow! If that's a genuine account, I applaud that man. I honestly haven't known anyone in 40-50 years to accept that their club is guilty of child abuse. Well done that guy. There just had to be a rhabid commenting at the end though.

I know for a fact that had the roles been reversed, many Rangers fans would have acted in a similar fashion. We know the difference between disgusting acts on vulnerable children as all decent human beings do and yet they condone it. It's bizarre.

You're correct, some of the compensation handed out for PTSD and some others has been paltry. However, the CoS just paid out £1M to three people for the abuse they suffered.

This sordid affair has been hanging over that hell hole for decades and I'm sure we're only aware of some of the people involved and also, some of the incidents that took place. This was a full blown paedo ring in operation. It was covered up (see who's name/names comes out of the shadows in facilitating just that - it has to be people of power) and they're now trying to cover up the cover up. They're simply digging a bigger hole for them and I hope they all get buried in it.

They've escaped situations before, NOT THIS ONE. More and more people throughout the world have their eyes on this, it isn't just up to their lickspittles in Scotland to play this down. They will punished financially, hopefully plenty and their brand name will forever be toxic. They should actually be closed down if justice was being served fully.

At the end of the day, whatever brings closure to the many victims is paramount. Whatever works for them. I'd rather see everything going through the courts so the entire world can see what we've known about them for decades and bring every single one of the guilty parties to task.

An out of court settlement is probably best for most of the victims and all we can do is respect their wishes and support them in whatever they decide. The deserve everything they get and I hope the biggest thing is closure for them.
I dont disagree with anything you've said.Informative post.

So bizarre that they release the news that he has been offered the job.

Potential for a massive PR own goal if he rejects it. I know thats very unlikely but you would think they would wait until it is official before releasing statements.

Lennon's reaction at full time showed this was all pre-planned.

Their Board are many things mostly a bunch of cunts to be honest but when's a better time to release unpopular news? That's right just when you've done a clean sweep.

Lennon lost yesterday he wouldn't have got it. The bad news in that is probably they don't have a better candidate who could take the job.

Great post @Timskelper
The priority must be the victims in this sordid crime. They must be given the utmost respect and their wishes are paramount.
If an offshoot of the criminality and the continuous covering up makes their brand toxic then that would also be corporate and commercial justice. The club and the facilitators should be exposed for all their wrongdoings which led to further abuse and more lives ruined. The name of the club and the facilitators should forever be associated with the heinous crimes connected to that vile institution.

Lennon lost yesterday he wouldn't have got it. The bad news in that is probably they don't have a better candidate who could take the job.

Strangely, Lawwell said he would've regardless of the result.

However, Lawwell and the truth rarely go hand in hand as we are well accustomed to.

I saw Liewell's presser cuts on twitter this morning. Laughable how he starts by saying "in light of today's result..." and then ends up trying to turn it back round "Popcorn teeth would have been offered the job whatever happened". By no means the worse cover up there this week but interesting to see too. As a PR master shifting season tickets you have to give him credit, although it's hardly difficult to pull wool over eyes in the soft-headed East End, he has certainly made an art of it.

Back