Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 8, September 1980

Sept 1980 - I had just started working as a 16 y.o. First earnings, pumping a right wee dirty at the time and watching Rangers score 8. Felt like the world belonged to me.

Of course in subsequent years - work, women and Rangers all brought heartache.

You never give up though!

was there as a 14 year old. My late father said i was too young for away games so i didn't tell him.
Got found out when watching it later on Sportscene when i said just before Bett's goal when i proclaimed..."wait till you see this goal, best of the lot"
After that he knew i wanted to follow follow and couldn't stop me so that was it.

Me and two mates travelled down on the Corbies bus from Cumbernauld. Three wee 13 yr old tadgers, pissed on skol lager ,up against the segregation fence thinking we were big men, till I got hit on the face with a pie :D

Sept 1980 - I had just started working as a 16 y.o. First earnings, pumping a right wee dirty at the time and watching Rangers score 8. Felt like the world belonged to me.

Of course in subsequent years - work, women and Rangers all brought heartache.

You never give up though!
We’ve all had those times hopefully, I had a day which involved two sorts then went to Ibrox to watch us give them another tanking......your post made me reminisce and had a wee smile to myself....thank you

I was at the game with my mates as a 16 year old. Off subject but I was going out with a lovely Catholic girl at the time and not long after this game she chucked me because I kept on insisting Sting was a prick. Haha
Was it not because you had a small prick.

Watched the game on scotsport on the sunday.
For some reason i think it was pissing of rain that day.

Me and two mates travelled down on the Corbies bus from Cumbernauld. Three wee 13 yr old tadgers, pissed on skol lager ,up against the segregation fence thinking we were big men, till I got hit on the face with a pie :D
Get it right The Twa Corbies

Cumbernauld toon centre 1980.
Woolco and a wimpy bar.

Of course back then you went to the game with a tranny no questions asked. On that particular day I was at Plough Lane to see the mighty Wimbledon fall to a shock defeat to Lincoln City.
After the match standing at Haydons Road BR station I turned to my tranny to get the full-times.
Did he really say Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 8???
Good to see the transgender community reflected at the football ;)

In the covered enclosure half pissed back to the Wee Thack in Hurlford after the game , no Killie fans to be seen , funny that

Jim Brown’s confidence dropped like a stone.
His defence were equally posted missing.
Great to see Jim Bett and Colin McAdam on the scoresheet that day.
Great performance from Tommy McLean too, pull the strings beautifully in midfield.

I missed that game due to being at a wedding in Newcastle , best thing that day was I bet a horse called Pittencrieff and it won at 8/1 paying for my whole trip

Back