Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke

Every team smells blood against us and our players do not possess the mentality to play for Rangers. Add in the fact we have an under 20's coach in the dug out. We are so far away from being a big club it's unbelievable. we are behaving and performing like a bottom six club.

Psychology plays a huge role in football. A Rangers second goal and Killie weren't coming back. We blew today in front of goal again for 2 weeks running after being a goal ahead.
But we didnae and my Aunty is my Uncle

I'll keep this thread to the end of the season. Killie will be down there, guaranteed.

If Clarke is still Kilmarnock manager at the end of the season they will not be in relegation trouble. So we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Every epl manager linked with us half the FF members stuck their nose up.at them .
We are not a big draw anymore .
We have a huge fan base great stadium great support with a Marks & Spencers expectation and a poundland budget

For ONE any new manager has to stop the scum no easy task
They need to get us in to the europa league again a huge ask

The squad needs revamped with quality and numbers again huge task.as there will be some faliures among the sheer amount we need..

Current squad have no heart no desire no fight no clue

We waited till it went one each and the manager decided he was going to change it and bring on Barjonas. They score a second and we bring on a lump of wood that is Herrera.

With our tactics no wonder killie won easily

Killie got Clarke and Ross Coumty got Coyle.
Both have EPL experiences and a decent pedigree but we’re told by The Incompetents that there wasn’t anything better out there.

You are bang on. Outplayed us today, played some nice football at times. Brought in an excellent loan signing, man of the match, while ours are nowhere to be seen and then you look at the dugouts and see Clarke in one and Murty in the other and can't help but think.... How did it get so bad.

Decision after decision at all levels in our organization just depresses me now.

Outplaying us doesn't necessarily make you a good team

New Managers often bring a " bounce" and a few wins. A second Rangers goal today and Killie were toast. We blew it today.

Did their goalkeeper have any goal stopping saves to make today?

Genuine question as i don't remember any.

This place would have went mental if we appointed him before Killie.
If Steve McClaren took over at St Johnstone and done a great job we'd have a thread saying we should have got him first!!! Look at the backlash when he was linked.
Fact is, an experienced epl manager is a far better choice than a young 20's coach.
As a group of fans we better stop turning our noses up at these types of managers.

This place would have went mental if we appointed him before Killie.
If Steve McClaren took over at St Johnstone and done a great job we'd have a thread saying we should have got him first!!! Look at the backlash when he was linked.
Fact is, an experienced epl manager is a far better choice than a young 20's coach.
As a group of fans we better stop turning our noses up at these types of managers.

Anyone turning their nose up at Clarke is simply refusing to recognise where we are as a club. Living on planet 1996.

He’s doing a very good job with them, we should make an enquiry, where’s the harm?
He wore a Selik tap 45 years ago. Behave yourself. The fact he would improve our team practically over night and attract far better players with his contacts in the game is neither here nor there.

Can someone explain to me why Killie can attract a decent manager with Premiership experience yet we are twiddling our thumbs hoping that a youth coach has the magic formula? Why are people claiming that there was no outstanding candidates?

Kilmarnock have shown more ambition than us. Not just in the game today but in bringing in a decent manager and in player recruitment. Mulumbu was outstanding and if rumours here in Killie are true then they're about to bring in Naismith and Anya in January as well.

Meanwhile, we are bumbling along going absolutely nowhere.

He doesn’t just have ‘Premiership experience’ but was Jose’s right hand man yet we finish up with Murty of whom I hold no grudge as he has been chucked under one of those new electric trains.

Clarke and Killie are utter dogshit and will be fighting relegation this season.
A strange view if you had said that before Clarke came fair enough, but they certainly don't look like fighting relegation now.He has improved them immensely.

Because the mentalists on Follow Follow deem him to be a mentally challenged, same with Michael O'Neill and even the Aberdeen assistant manager ffs and God knows who else!
I prefer to class myself as a traditionalist and not a mentalist having followed Rangers for more than 50 years. Feel free to belittle our history and tradition, I would argue we have been best served by our own. I would be very interested in your opinion of which managers out with our traditional profile of a manager have done well for us. This of course should not rule out someone out with our traditional recruitment pool but I would argue they should be exceptional.
Continue the handwringing and insulting of our traditions and long serving fans if you like, but perhaps you should consider Thistle as your club of choice if your feelings on the matter are so strong.

Our fans found a reason to say no to every manager that was sugested, i got stick for wanting Bilic for sake. Moyes played for selic Pulis is a creep that wears a cap etc. before Murty was handed the gig i was at the point id take anyone with a managerial track record, we didnt even get that.

Bilic has managed 5 clubs and been sacked 5 times....

My club is nothing short of being a shambles, and GM is not going to change anything, anytime soon, leadership comes from within, there is no leadership coming from the owners of the club, God help me but in Murrey time we all knew who was in charge, and before him and so on, now we have a bunch of guys with money fighting one another for a slice of the cake, when you have a bunch of guys like we have they all have different ideas and no one is going to get one over them, this is how I see things at the club at this time.

The board want what they consider a winner. Clarke was sacked by reading and that's what the board will have seen and ignore everything else

I wanted Clarke to succeed Ally before warburton got the job. He's a good manager which he's proving at Killie.
We should've got him in after sacking Pedro, he's a far better manager than any of the names we've been linked with.
Id like us to go for him now but can't see the board contradicting themselves over murty even though they've clearly got that wrong. I think they'd rather we finished 8th than do that!

Clarke was mentioned several times on this board as an option. The 2 most used phrases were

"He supports them"
"Not for me"

Then we've got the fucking cheek to come on after he's schooled us and say

"Actually could be for me"

I,ve already said on another post, Clark’s has been a good assistant manager,his record as a number 1 is poor though,1 season at West Brom same at Reading. He,s got Killie up the now just normal for a few games with a new manager, but it,ll be highly unlikely if they are in the top half come the split?

I,ve already said on another post, Clark’s has been a good assistant manager,his record as a number 1 is poor though,1 season at West Brom same at Reading. He,s got Killie up the now just normal for a few games with a new manager, but it,ll be highly unlikely if they are in the top half come the split?
Was Walter Smith a half decent assistant?

We can't afford Bilic, Moyes or Pulis.

No credible top-level manager is interested in the job because we have very little money and we're a basket case of a Club.

People still simply are not getting this bit and I can't understand why.

Back