Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke set for Scotland job

Surprised at this to be honest, even though he is a torn faced weirdo I thought he would stay in club management having done enough at Kilmarnock to surely justify a decent calibre club down south. Thought Moyes was a stick-on cert for the Scotland job, he's been in and around various matches in Scotland over recent weeks. mentally challenged bound perhaps / hopefully

They will be boring to watch but they don't have any choice. They just don't have the players to take on average European sides. I think they should copy what NI do,hard to beat but can pull of a result with limited resources

Very much so. He has shown that with a limited squad he can get exceptional results and actually might get Scotland to qualify for something. The football won't be pretty ,in fact a bit like what Craig Brown did.

This is something I've said for years. If the Tartan Army got their heads out the clouds and saw the national side for what it was, they'd appreciate how good for the team Craig Brown was.

Shite to watch, but hard to beat and did enough to get to major competitions.

Clarke is a very good football manager and probably the best candidate for the job. He'll make them very organised and difficult to beat, but they won't half be boring to watch!

What’s he done, other than at Kilmarnock, to make him a ‘very good football manager’?

What’s he done, other than at Kilmarnock, to make him a ‘very good football manager’?

He's taken a very limited side, managed them to consistent performances, made them hard to beat and had them deliver competition results above their expectation level.

I'd say that is almost the definition of the job description for Scotland manager to be honest.

Good appointment for Scotland imo, best out of the possible candidates.

He will get us results, if he can get us to a tournament finals is another matter.

Life in Scotland can't be too bad for the bold Stevie. It seems a strange move for someone doing well at their club?

He will have Scotland set up well and tough to beat, exactly how it needs to be with such an awful selection of players to choose from.

So much from him being desperate to get out of this Sectarian wee country, lying bassa.

These type of appointments are why I have no passion for the Scottish national side, yes we may improve defensively and win a few more games but we will be stuck the same old outdated football that's had us in the wilderness for years.

Very good appointment imo. Prepare for it to entail 0 of our players though.

Good. We’ve a title to win, a weeks rest when those rats are knocking their pan in suits me.

However, don’t think Clarke is like that, he’ll call up who he thinks are the best players for what he wants to do, not leave out Rangers players because it’s Rangers.

He's taken a very limited side, managed them to consistent performances, made them hard to beat and had them deliver competition results above their expectation level.

I'd say that is almost the definition of the job description for Scotland manager to be honest.

I’m not saying he’s not a decent candidate for the Scotland manager’s job. I’m disputing whether he’s a very good football manager.

I’m not saying he’s not a decent candidate for the Scotland manager’s job. I’m disputing whether he’s a very good football manager.

Think that depends on how anyone defines a good football manager. There's probably varying scales of that, but he's evidently good at that particular aspect of management. Which is different from him being good at a club that demands huge success at the highest level with lots of money to spend.

You could take a manager who does amazing things with little resource in relative terms, hand them hundreds of millions to win the CL and they struggle with the big egos, the type of football, the corporate aspects, etc.

Likewise you could take a proven high level manager and give him a miniscule budget to grind results out with dross and find he has no idea how to do it.

Different types of good I suppose, horses for courses...

Good appointment for Scotland not that I care about the SFA or rangers haters in silly hats and wigs.

I wonder how he'll take to the anti English bile or does that not count?

Well at least we wont need to worry about any of our players getting injured on International duty :))

Think he will do well enough. Hard to argue that he has proven himself a decent manager in our league.

Good. We’ve a title to win, a weeks rest when those rats are knocking their pan in suits me.

However, don’t think Clarke is like that, he’ll call up who he thinks are the best players for what he wants to do, not leave out Rangers players because it’s Rangers.
To be fair, we don't have many good Scottish players at the moment. Jack will probably be in squads. It'll be in a few years when our youth players are old enough that we'll see him pick our players. The Scotland youth teams are full of our players.

From the article he hasn't been appointed and it is only that Scotland hope to appoint him. SFA probably being setup for another embarrassment.

If he can get results for Kilmarnock he can get results for Scotland, couldn't care less about the national team but we might get somewhere now

Moyes for the scum job then? I'm happy with that. He supports rangers aswell i think, so that will be amusing:))

If he can get results for Kilmarnock he can get results for Scotland, couldn't care less about the national team but we might get somewhere now

Moyes for the scum job then? I'm happy with that. He supports rangers aswell i think, so that will be amusing:))

He doesn’t really support Rangers though, does he?

He played for them.

At this moment in time I couldn't care less about the Scotland national team.

Steve Clarke is the right appointment though, if that article is correct.

Very good appointment imo. Prepare for it to entail 0 of our players though.
Suits me just fine.
A 19th Century Terrorist in charge of the national side while the ruling body is run for the benefit of 19th Century Terrorist FC.

Why would we want any of our players involved?

It makes sense from Clarke as well. Since it’s a part time job. He can spend most of his time down in England with his family which has been the reason he wanted to leave killie Cos they live down south so he can now live down with them and just come back for the matches

Suits me just fine.
A 19th Century Terrorist in charge of the national side while the ruling body is run for the benefit of 19th Century Terrorist FC.

Why would we want any of our players involved?
Not really about us though. Some of our players may see representing their country as an achievement and could be hindered regardless of ability.

A win win.

Good appointment for Scotland and we will no longer have to suffer him talking about us every other week.

Back