Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke set for Scotland job

Dents to teams all over the place...

Celtic have likely lost the best manager they will have for 20 years
Killie are about to be striped of the best manager they have had AND we are taking one of their better players.
Aberdeen have lost Shinnie

Every thing takes a step closer to winning a league.

What’s he done, other than at Kilmarnock, to make him a ‘very good football manager’?
Why does it have to be 'other than Kilmarnock'?. They're only the third club he's managed full-time and what he has done there is take a team that had 3 draws and 5 defeats in their first 8 league games and looked certain for relegation, and almost instantly made them virtually unbeatable.

If you are actually looking for an answer, I suppose I could mention that he guided West Brom to an 8th place finish in the Premier League, their best finish since 1981. He also took Reading to their first FA Cup semi-final in 88 years.

Wonder if he'll work out better than the last booze bag we had in charge. Just a shame he's another bitter guy that despite being a good manager will be forced down the route of ensuring he picks favourites and not the best players to play.

Killie are about to be striped of the best manager they have had AND we are taking one of their better players.

Embarrassing if Killie or shinnie are seen as barriers to us winning a league anyway.

Embarrassing if Killie or shinnie are seen as barriers to us winning a league anyway.

We are a football team who play games of football agains other football teams....what they other teams do clearly does dictate on us winning leagues regardless of what is seen as "standards" etc.

Scotland can now safely lose every game from now on without the supporters or the media getting on their backs because there's none of our lot involved.

Poor 'Eck. No worse than Strachan and the media were desperate to keep that poison dwarf in a job.

If he can get Scotland to punch above their weight like he had Kilmarnock doing then we’ll have a better chance at qualifying for a tournament than we have for years.

Plus, more time for him to drink so he’ll be delighted.

Captain Broadfoot at CB incoming :rolleyes:

Scotland will become one of the worst countries world wide to watch with the 90s style defending and hoofing it away to f*ck.

Could argue we are going to lose our Top Goalscorer aswell tho swings in roundabouts

Could argue we are going to lose our Top Goalscorer aswell tho swings in roundabouts

We have lost him for the past few weeks and handled it perfectly well - the dents both Celtic and Killie in particular are facing when it comes to loosing their manager are massive to them, and in turn to us.

He's probably a decent fit for the team the media always over rate the national team and see them as doing better than what they are capable off at least Clarke will be able to get them structured defensively

We have lost him for the past few weeks and handled it perfectly well - the dents both Celtic and Killie in particular are facing when it comes to loosing their manager are massive to them, and in turn to us.
It's all in hindsight but Celtic and Kilmarnock could end up getting better than they were under different managers and we may miss Morelos greatly over the course of a season that scienario although unlikely is not impossible

Excellent, looking forward to Killie reverting to utter mediocrity once again.

Think he’ll be a decent appointment for Scotland, won’t be playing silky stuff but is also unlikely to go and get scudded by Kazakhstan and the like.

We are a football team who play games of football agains other football teams....what they other teams do clearly does dictate on us winning leagues regardless of what is seen as "standards" etc.
Celtic are our only competitors and also play against these teams/players. These little people at little teams should be of no significance to our title chances.

Probably the best candidate at this time. Can't raise any excitement for the Scottish team anymore sadly.

I think Willie Waddell was a better.manager for them, won the league, when us and to a lesser extent the Tim's and Dundee were strong

Good.

And not that i care about Scotland but Kilmarnock used to be guaranteed points for us until that twat rocked up.

He’s a wańk, I can’t stand the Scottish National Team, but his points tally since taking over from Jig has been mightily impressive

Still won’t be wasting my time watching Scotland.George Burley MkII in the making.

I wonder how upset he will get with the Tartan Army for singing nasty songs about the English .... hope he doesn't cry again :rolleyes:

All his greetin' about Scotland not speaking to him the last time must of paid off.

he can't do any worse than our previous managers. the expectation is so low now as well.

Good appointment for Scotland not that I care about the SFA or rangers haters in silly hats and wigs.

I wonder how he'll take to the anti English bile or does that not count?

And what happens when those nasty England fans sing the "Cheer up Stevie Clarke song"?
phil-mitchell-gif-5.gif

Celtic are our only competitors and also play against these teams/players. These little people at little teams should be of no significance to our title chances.

We only play Celtic in the league 4 times a season, the other team have as much an impact in us winning the league as Celtic.

A weaker Kilmarnock is a good thing for us - easier points, easier points for the Tramps as well - sure, but less strain on our players etc

The logic of " we are pure Rangers" is great, but we do play football teams - the shitter they are the better.

We only play Celtic in the league 4 times a season, the other team have as much an impact in us winning the league as Celtic.

A weaker Kilmarnock is a good thing for us - easier points, easier points for the Tramps as well - sure, but less strain on our players etc

The logic of " we are pure Rangers" is great, but we do play football teams - the shitter they are the better.
I'd probably prefer them to be decent teams, maybe even good enough to win a game in Europe...might help us get into later stages and get better players. Celtic play them all the same as us.

So if he’s just been handed a 3 match ban by the SFA, after his last game with Killie, will he be banned from his first to games in charge of Scotland?
Have the SFA effectively banned their new manager from his first couple of matches?

So if he’s just been handed a 3 match ban by the SFA, after his last game with Killie, will he be banned from his first to games in charge of Scotland?
Have the SFA effectively banned their new manager from his first couple of matches?
No, it's not a SFA competition he'll be competing in.

Both Clarke and Moyes have a style that could suit Scotland. The latter is on a downslide though.

Pleased with that for Scotland. And pleased that it leaves the more expensive but more damaged name left on the table.

Surprised at that to be honest, I thought he’d have set his sights higher than working with the SFA.

Is there not some personal reason that he has to be in Scotland? Can’t recall what it is but sure I heard rumours.

Something about him just rocking up at Killie saying that he had to be local and could they give him a job so they jumped at the chance.

Is there not some personal reason that he has to be in Scotland? Can’t recall what it is but sure I heard rumours.

Something about him just rocking up at Killie saying that he had to be local and could they give him a job so they jumped at the chance.
I think his Auld man is unwell.

Back