Kilmarnock Press Conference

Maybe reading into it too much but there's seems to be a bit of unrest within the dressing room.

The team just pulled together for a great win at Pittodrie and the celebrations didn't suggest any hint of unrest. Likewise when you see the daily training videos, albeit those are only snippets.

The reality is that wins such as December 29th and away to Aberdeen infuse the squad with a little over-confidence. Thus, a game at home to St Johnstone is seen as a formality and players' attitude and endeavour reflect this.

Look back to the game before it started, Worrall was actually sitting on the pitch when someone walked over and tapped him on the head. Where was the jumping about and jogging on the spot to be really up for it?

Worrall was 100% one of them.

That's Worrall's normal pre match routine, he does it every time.

Who’s the reporter asking the question about Dorrans possibly being rushed back too soon earlier in the season?

The team just pulled together for a great win at Pittodrie and the celebrations didn't suggest any hint of unrest. Likewise when you see the daily training videos, albeit those are only snippets.

The reality is that wins such as December 29th and away to Aberdeen infuse the squad with a little over-confidence. Thus, a game at home to St Johnstone is seen as a formality and players' attitude and endeavour reflect this.

I think you’re probably right, but it just shouldn’t be the case.

That’s what the management are there to guard against.

After last week’s draw at Kilmarnock Gerrard and co should have ensured the players were properly prepared mentally for the game against St. Johnstone.

He initially mentioned they’d trained well, yet today said he felt there was a bit of an ego about them prior to the match.

If he noticed that at the time I would have expected him to nip it in the bud and make sure the players were focused on the game and getting the three points.

That that didn’t happen suggests Gerrard isn’t getting through to them, and that’s a much bigger concern.

I think you’re probably right, but it just shouldn’t be the case.

That’s what the management are there to guard against.

After last week’s draw at Kilmarnock Gerrard and co should have ensured the players were properly prepared mentally for the game against St. Johnstone.

He initially mentioned they’d trained well, yet today said he felt there was a bit of an ego about them prior to the match.

If he noticed that at the time I would have expected him to nip it in the bud and make sure the players were focused on the game and getting the three points.

That that didn’t happen suggests Gerrard isn’t getting through to them, and that’s a much bigger concern.

Completely agree on this. If he saw it in training why not rectify it? It was obvious to everyone that we were not at it in the 1st 5 mins- a change after 30 mins or very latest half time is how you nip this in the bud. But like all rookie managers Gerrard waited until 60 mins to make the change.

The thing is this is The Rangers managers job- it's no place for a rookie and if results don't pick up he will be judged as he should be on his managerial performance and not his Liverpool playing days

You talk pish. Thats about the size of it.

Would Declan John be getting in Croatias squad? If he was croatian obviously.

Barisics performances havent been great recently, however suggesting Declan John is or ever was better than him, or even on a par, is complete and utter nonsense.

Barisics performances havent been great recently, however suggesting Declan John is or ever was better than him, or even on a par, is complete and utter nonsense.

Im no getting into the barisic/john debate. What i will say though is this, if barisic doesnt up his game for a while, he wont be anywhere near a Croatia squad either!

Basically saying they were getting too cocky and needed bringing back to reality.

No player at Rangers has the right to be cocky at this moment in time.

I think the opposite is true. The team looked like it lacked confidence on Saturday. Players taking the safe option all the time. Scared to make a mistake.

Sounds like it is aimed at younger players getting a bit carried away with themselves, you don’t motivate seasoned pros like 34 year old Davis or 38 year old Defoe who’ve been here a month by telling them they have a bad attitude. Can’t see that working, if they are off the pace it’s not through lack of effort.

Would seem exceptionally harsh on Candeais too, a player who always gives his all, very good player on his day but if he was consistent he’d probably still be at Benfica let’s face it.

Exactly, people just trying to work out something from nothing.

To be honest, think he might have had a good go at whole squad, there isn’t a player on Saturday who tried to win us that game, I mean really try. All good trying but it looked lethargic

Barisic has been no better than John was for Rangers. To suggest otherwise is just nonsense.

He can play like Roberto Carlos for Croatia. Its totally irrelevant.

Barisic has been no better than John was for Rangers. To suggest otherwise is just nonsense.

He can play like Roberto Carlos for Croatia. Its totally irrelevant.

I didnt suggest he had put in better performances. I said John is pish and Barisic is clearly a better player.

Back