Kilmarnock Press Conference

I honestly cant believe the difference in Barisic, against us he was a monster down that left hand side and looked like he would run through a brick wall.

For us he is a timid mouse that looks scared to get hurt , we have seen what he can do and he has some real quality, its a mental thing with him and it better be sorted for next season !

I know Barasic has a good delivery but Halliday is no mug at putting over a decent ball either so I'd go with him for the foreseeable.

I honestly cant believe the difference in Barisic, against us he was a monster down that left hand side and looked like he would run through a brick wall.

For us he is a timid mouse that looks scared to get hurt , we have seen what he can do and he has some real quality, its a mental thing with him and it better be sorted for next season !

Agreed. He was an absolute stand out in those games against us. I’m starting to worry it was only because he had a huge bandage on his head and not that he had ability! Seriously though I think he is lacking confidence. 2 occasions in the first 5 mins on Saturday where he stood and fell over the ball.

He would only be doing that if it was one or two individual players and he named them, but that's not the case; whatever he told them individually neither you or I know, so you're wrong there. The team did not play well at the weekend and they play for Steven Gerrard; what else would you expect of him than to be upfront and perfectly candid with the players?

I would expect him to deal with it behind closed doors. He's effectively questioning the players' professionalism in public.

Been saying this for sometime now.

We also need to sign players with that attitude.

It's a hard thing to do. They either don't come cheap, or could be older players with no resale value

I hate saying it, but our best chance of success might just be the other lot in the city's team growing old together and running out of steam like we did in 1998. Not to mention they have 5 in on loan, so they'll be away.

Once you break that circle, the rest falls into place.
Next season will make or break us for the next 10 years or so. It's that simple

If that's the case, he should have nipped it in the bud before the game on Saturday rather than bringing it up this week.

I love Gerrard but I'm really not a fan of the constant flinging players under a bus in public after every bad result. All top managers keep that sort of stuff in house and back their players in public.

Yes I don’t know if there is much evidence that this approach works. Is he really saying we thought we would just turn up and win so there was a lack of intensity. The idea being that they come out all guns blazing in the next game.

we, as a club and I include fans in this also, need to re-embrace the attitude of only winning matters.

Sick of seeing the excuses trotted out, "remember where we were". Aye, that excuse has worn thin now.
I disagree with much of that, because where we are at this moment in time is due in a very large part to where we were. When Gerrard arrived we had no central defence; no left back; not really a midfield; and one winger. This isn't the normal replacing players, this was plugging actual positions. Sorry, but I won't be ignoring the context whilst keeping my own long term dreams and ambitions for its club intact. I get the underlying point your making, but not at the expense of reality.

we, as a club and I include fans in this also, need to re-embrace the attitude of only winning matters.

Sick of seeing the excuses trotted out, "remember where we were". Aye, that excuse has worn thin now.

That along with "Ah but we exceeded our expectations in Europe" after every poor result domestically.

what a crock of shit this is, f uckin cowards hiding from the truth, they are not up to it

If that's the case, he should have nipped it in the bud before the game on Saturday rather than bringing it up this week.

I love Gerrard but I'm really not a fan of the constant flinging players under a bus in public after every bad result. All top managers keep that sort of stuff in house and back their players in public.

I agree .

He’s saying he felt training wasn’t right and people were egotistical, but waited until after the game to point this out ?

Wonder what players were giving it the big I am before the game then . Clearly guys who started the game or on the bench .

We can exclude Halliday, Defoe and obviously jack who didn’t make the squad anyway .

Is he saying tav ? Goldson ? Barasic ? Mcrorie ? Kent ? Candeas ? Clearly some of them are implicated . Very concerning .

Been one of our best players since mid December but aye lets loan him out.

I get that, but he'd benefit from playing every week. As the quality of our team improves, he might not get that here until he's fully developed to the player we hope he can be. He has lots to learn.

Gerrard is one of the best players of his generation. Played under numerous successful managers who have always opted to make him captain for club and country.

I'm pretty sure he knows how to treat footballers.

I agree .

He’s saying he felt training wasn’t right and people were egotistical, but waited until after the game to point this out ?

Wonder what players were giving it the big I am before the game then . Clearly guys who started the game or on the bench .

We can exclude Halliday, Defoe and obviously jack who didn’t make the squad anyway .

Is he saying tav ? Goldson ? Barasic ? Mcrorie ? Kent ? Candeas ? Clearly some of them are implicated . Very concerning .

Not Goldson, hes just came out and called him a true leader of men in another interview and that he is putting his body through the pain barrier to keep playing

I agree .

Leaves them all wondering is it me he’s getting at here, better get the finger out.

Unless they are too fragile to take it, in which case they are at the wrong club.

The problem might be going down this road too often with the players.

I agree .

I know you're one for the over the top drama on here, we all see it day in day out.

However it is telling you haven't once commented on the manager saying he loves this group of players, they know when they haven't performed and have bounced back before.

He also said they have given him more than he expected this season considering we're such an inexperienced team.

Why no mention of any of that? Or that not 'concerning' enough for a wee flower like yourself?

I know you're one for the over the top drama on here, we all see it day in day out.

However it is telling you haven't once commented on the manager saying he loves this group of players, they know when they haven't performed and have bounced back before.

He also said they have given him more than he expected this season considering we're such an inexperienced team.

Why no mention of any of that? Or that not 'concerning' enough for a wee flower like yourself?

Who’s the drama queen now ? :rolleyes:

Did he or did he not say he saw Ego coming into training before st Johnstone and not the right mentality ? But you still want me to regurgitate the whole press conference ?

You are now on ignore . “ Bruce Wayne” ffs :D

Who’s the drama queen now ? :rolleyes:

Did he or did he not say he saw Ego coming into training before st Johnstone and not the right mentality ? But you still want me to regurgitate the whole press conference ?

Your now on ignore . “ Bruce Wayne” ffs :D

She won't see but can someone tell her it's you're, not your.

Cheers.

But he's just said he loves the players to bits and still reckons we have decent players. As far as complacency is concerned,we are not anywhere near consistent enough to be complacent. He said one or two had an ego problem hopefully he's addressed that.

Agreed. He was an absolute stand out in those games against us. I’m starting to worry it was only because he had a huge bandage on his head and not that he had ability! Seriously though I think he is lacking confidence. 2 occasions in the first 5 mins on Saturday where he stood and fell over the ball.

He'd made his way into the Croatian squad prior to joining us.

Whatever it is that has caused his loss of form I hope he shakes it off soon.

Seems like only a few weeks ago folks were posting 'so-and-so was rolled out for the Press Conference so he must be starting' LOL.

In truth, it means eff all.
I know and I am positive in nearly every time they didn't play.
Middleton, Rossiter Katic are the main ones that spring to mind.

But he's just said he loves the players to bits and still reckons we have decent players. As far as complacency is concerned,we are not anywhere near consistent enough to be complacent. He said one or two had an ego problem hopefully he's addressed that.

I've no issue with players being called out in public in a one off basis. It just seems to be happening with more regularity now, after every poor result. Constantly criticising players in public rarely ends well.

I get that he's also probably just trying to coax a reaction out of the players and if they can't take criticism then they don't have the right mentality to play for us. I just feel he's slightly veering close to calling them out in public too much just now.

''Players didn't train well''

''Didn't follow the game plan''

etc etc.

It's slightly concerning to me given him and Allen have brought most of the players in.

I've no issue with players being called out in public in a one off basis. It just seems to be happening with more regularity now, after every poor result. Constantly criticising players in public rarely ends well.

I get that he's also probably just trying to coax a reaction out of the players and if they can't take criticism then they don't have the right mentality to play for us. I just feel he's slightly veering close to calling them out in public too much just now.

''Players didn't train well''

''Didn't follow the game plan''

etc etc.

It's slightly concerning to me given him and Allen have brought most of the players in.

and it should be concerning, every avenue has to be examined regardless if folk want to stick their head in the sand and ignore. That approach has screwed us many times before.

The middle quote must relate to Candeis IMO. No one doubts he gives us his all but his lack of composure in the big moments is killing us. That chance simply had to be,at least, on target.

Why? Why not Barasic, why not Davis, Kent, Middleton etc.

Over to you Miss Marples

Never thought I'd say this, but Halliday must start to feel like he's being used a bit.
Like having two burds on the go and he's the eager one you phone when the better-looking one is busy on a Saturday.
He's earned the right to be first choice ahead of Barisic.
If he had a sexy foreign name he’d be in

What reason did the players have to feel cocky coming off the back of a poor draw against Kilmarnock?

I agree that Halliday should come back in. Barisic isn't cutting it and looks a major downgrade on Declan John.

Lol. No he doesnt. Declan John was shite.

I love McCrorie's energy and physicality in the middle but he really needs to improve on his use of the football. Embarrassing at times
Away you back to Fifa!!

I agree, there’s a lot of good things about having him in, defensively sound, good in the air, driving forward when we need it, but he needs to get better with the ball

Thought that press conference was quite worrying actually.

Maybe reading into it too much but there's seems to be a bit of unrest within the dressing room.

Before the St Johnstone game Gerrard said the players looked fired up for it but they just didn't execute the game plan - then today he's saying the opposite?

Also feels as if our sole focus is now on the cup instead of the league.

BTW I don't think Gerrard has done himself any favours by changing half the starting 11 every other game. We've rarely had a settled team.

This is what I’m scratching my head with aswell.

In and around the Croatia national side and just missed out on their World Cup squad.

How can he be so poor for us?

Back