Kilmarnock revert to type

The key question is - why are we allowing these nothing teams to bully us? I don’t care if it’s their fucking cup final, we should be dealing with punts up the park, pressure on the ball and a big target man ‘rummeling us up’
I agree, we should deal with that on the park. We should also deal with the refereeing too and we’re not. While the Kilmarnock performance was poor, it was Beaton that cost us the 3 points.

Exactly the same as hearts!! 5 dropped points v a shambles of a team. It should be their own fans who are complaining about being short changed every week or are they happy just to raise their game when Rangers visit? :mad::mad:

If we do not have enough in the tank to gub these teams, forget it. The performances have not been good enough too many off form. The officials of course do not play their role either, but that’s another debate.

I wish Gerrard and Gary Mac could see it.

They should be driving it out to the media the difference in how all teams perform to an added degree against Rangers and no one else.
However Gerrard should have his players set up for a battle. Our last two starts at Tynecastle has been nothing short of scandalous.
Slow, lethargic and off the pace against a team of dung.

Aberdeen fought for their lives last night to the very last minute. About two of them did that against Celtic, the rest reverted to bending over and letting Scott Leggo shag them up the arse.

The key question is - why are we allowing these nothing teams to bully us? I don’t care if it’s their fucking cup final, we should be dealing with punts up the park, pressure on the ball and a big target man ‘rummeling us up’

This all day long.

I was brought up decades ago to believe Rangers is the number one Club in the land, therefore we were always the side that others wanted to beat the most, the one that other teams tried their hardest against.

Whether that desire to try harder against us these days is driven more by hatred should make no difference to how we perform. We know teams are going to be up for it, will give their all and therefore we should be ready and prepared to meet that challenge face on, we are after all supposedly better than these sides.

Complaining that our inferior opponents try harder, whether true or not, is nothing more than a poor excuse for our poor performance.

Last edited:
This all day long.

I was brought up decades ago to believe Ranger's is the number one Club in the land, therefore we were always the side that others wanted to beat the most, the one that other teams tried their hardest against.

Whether that desire to try harder against us these days is driven more by hatred should make no difference to how we perform. We know teams are going to be up for it, will give their all and therefore we should be ready and prepared to meet that challenge face on, we are after all supposedly better than these sides.

Complaining that our try harder, whether true or not, is nothing more than a poor excuse for our poor performance.
:mad:

If we do not have enough in the tank to gub these teams, forget it. The performances have not been good enough too many off form. The officials of course do not play their role either, but that’s another debate.
Agree - we also seem to freeze when we have genuine chance of keeping pressure on our rivals

Agree - we also seem to freeze when we have genuine chance of keeping pressure on our rivals

Every time we’ve had the upper hand over the last couple of years we arse it up the very next game.

That’s more concerning that Shiite about fucking Kilmarnock or whatever ‘trying hard’ against us.

We are never going to go to Kilmarnock and play good football. No one in the league does it.

When you go to Kilmarnock you need to grind out the win. Aberdeen certainly had to do that last night.

We weren’t allowed to do it last week. Yes we were poor, but if the referee doesn’t cheat us then we come away with another ground out win at Rugby Park and everybody would have been delighted despite the poor performance. The opening game of the season was much the same.

Team is full of cowards who don’t have a winning mentality.

It has been proven 2 seasons in a row.

We have let them have a walk in the park for 2 trebles in a row, nobody else can stop them.

Next season will be 10 in a row and a potential 5th treble. Realistically if we don’t stop them, there is a good chance they will reach 55 before we do.

A team full of mhanks giving a thousand percent against us to get a result then reverting back to type til we come round again. They are a team I would love to see relegated.

Not my bad English, I can only assume predictive bloody text on my tablet put the apostrophe in because I typed "is" rather than "are" after Rangers and just I never noticed.

Will try harder to catch next time.
Only kidding, chief. I've got a fellow Bear on my WhatsApp chat and he does the same. It does my box in and he knows it.

Because we have no physical midfield presence. And as much as people criticised McCrorie’s lack of passing ability he suits these games.

Maybe if we included threatening the referee to get key decisions correct?
Every bit as critical to us as “dealing with punts up the park, pressure on the ball and a big target man ”rummeling us up”.

We are Rangers we should be expecting teams to play out of their skin against us and we should be up for it.
We are Rangers and should be expecting referees to make critical decisions against us and know we need to score three and four goals to accommodate this.

Yet again we see a team stealing a win against the Rangers (all be it with the assistance of some dodgy refereeing), milking their 15 minutes of fame and celebrating like they've won the Champions League and then following that up with 2 home defeats on the trot. Just proves what we all know.

That:

1. Beating Rangers is regarded as a real achievement - which, for several teams, it is.
2. That teams try hard against us in what is probably their biggest game of the season, in front of the TV cameras and under the lights, knowing full well that a good game might lead to move - a la Boyd, Naismith, Jones and Stewart.
3. That we're absolutely pants.

Get over yourself. Never at any point in Rangers history have fans moaned so much about losing to the rest of the league.

The performance of the team wasn’t good enough, it wasn’t the referee that made us perform like that. It’s not like we played them off the park and had a couple of bad decisions against us that changed the flow of the game.

First half, both teams were shite. Second half, Killie were all over us. All the ref did was stop us stealing a win that we didn’t deserve.

Apart from the refereeing , I'd say it was more we weren't up for the battle than them trying harder against us , sadly .
Correct and well put.
As much as I’d truly love to put all our woes down to the ineptitude of our own players and management team (I am very, very serious about this and not being sarcastic in any way) you cannot separate these issues.
Too often, we’ve, despite a poor performance, actually done enough to win.

You mean the game we legally put the ball in the net twice, Killie once?
The game Morelos got booked for diving and a Killie player never got a red for a second yellow because he never got booked for his dive?

How about we sort ourselves out first and ask why these teams try harder than us, that's what we should be worried about rather than focusing on other teams

Doesn’t prove much at all apart from the fact that we were terrible.
With our budget and the tools at our disposal in comparison to theirs even if every one of their players was at the peak of their powers we should still be beating them comfortably.

when we turn up and expect to win it always hurts us. Their game plan worked and it's letting just one of these kind of games go that then gives the other teams a bit of belief that they can also take points. This results in them raising their level of play against us but doing bugger all against the other lot.

The problem is there are no implications for players who don’t perform against these teams because the manager picks them again for the next match. Being out of the first 11 must be a nightmare because you’ve very little chance of being picked ahead of the manager’s favourites.

It’s our fault, we let it happen.

A year and a half into Gerrard’s reign and we still look surprised when we turn up to away games where the opposition is bang up for it.

Really don't think 'they tried really hard' is a valid excuse for losing these games. Teams have always raised their game against us and always will. We dealt with it when we were successful in the past and we need to deal with it again. No point whining about it. It's not going to change.

This.

Kilmarnock and Aberdeen getting the better of Gerrard over his tenure so far is embarrassing given the difference in resources.

defending like we did against Killie for their second goal... schoolboy stuff

If you ask any English football fan who they would most like to beat apart from their derby day rivals, the majority will say Manchester United.

It doesn't matter that they are poor and struggling in the league. It doesn't matter that Man City, Liverpool or anyone else are winning the league. Manchester United are still regarded as the biggest scalp.

We are the same in Scotland, Celtic have won the league for 8 years now, yet we are still the team that all the others want to beat.

We are Rangers, and because of that, we have to play to higher standard than anyone else. I would not want it any other way.

2 goal swing by the referee didn't help our cause at Rugby Park.
Like starting game -2 :oops:

This all day long.

I was brought up decades ago to believe Rangers is the number one Club in the land, therefore we were always the side that others wanted to beat the most, the one that other teams tried their hardest against.

Complaining that our try harder, whether true or not, is nothing more than a poor excuse for our poor performance.
The team need to develope a siege mentality and prepare to battle as we did years gone by. It's so mystifying how we don't have the stomach for a battle. We should be playing well enough that it negates any dodgy decisions against us.

I wish Gerrard and Gary Mac could see it.

They should be driving it out to the media the difference in how all teams perform to an added degree against Rangers and no one else.
However Gerrard should have his players set up for a battle. Our last two starts at Tynecastle has been nothing short of scandalous.
Slow, lethargic and off the pace against a team of dung.
[/

It would be a brass neck for our manager to come out in the media and complain about teams trying harder against us than other teams!
If teams work harder then we should be ready to up our game! We have beaten top teams in Europe this season because out players are more than capable!
Crying that we couldn’t win because teams are trying to beat us a total beamer!!

We should go in looking to steam role teams from the first second!
How many games have we only been on it for 45mins?
Focus needs to be on what we do!!

Only kidding, chief. I've got a fellow Bear on my WhatsApp chat and he does the same. It does my box in and he knows it.

Apologies if I came across as annoyed, was not my intention.

Yes, the predictive text is a pain, especially for someone like myself, who has a habit of not proof reading before posting.

Back