Kilmarnock to introduce safe standing

Back to the thread subject.

My understanding is Stewart Robertson is considering safe standing for next season. Its a shame its taken this long but hopefully we'll get there in the end.

My understanding is Stewart Robertson is considering safe standing for next season. Its a shame its taken this long but hopefully we'll get there in the end.

He is , but he is considering making the catastrophic mistake of putting in the Broomloan

Dont swallow the Barry hoopy line.

:D:D:D:D yawn, you've tried this tactic before.......disagree with you, makes me a Tim. Laughable.

You've clearly got an issue of anyone questioning what you post.....strange one.

Last edited:
Saying people value a peice of plastic (their seat) more than the club is ludicrous, OTT and simply stupid.
If it were that simple the club would say they can re-locate their peice of plastic to another part of the stadium should they wish and the punter would be happy.
Utter nonsense.

Think you have me and someone else mixed up I never said how folk viewed a plastic seat as theirs, I only said how difficult it could be to shift fans from seats they'd held for a long time

Don't get your hopes up if Robertson
is involved
He will never defend us and we may as well have a puppet in court. He is weak and we will never progress with his apologetic demeanour.
We need a dynamic aggressive CEO that will move us forward. Robertson is Holt in football terms.

Think you have me and someone else mixed up I never said how folk viewed a plastic seat as theirs, I only said how difficult it could be to shift fans from seats they'd held for a long time
Checked back, I have you mixed up with Kclarkhall who came out with this stoater "We sadly have fans that value a bit of plastic over the club."

because some fans won't want to give their seat that they have sat in 25+ years to make way for rail seating

to me if we cant secure an end how about GF7 the corner and CF 1 ......

If we use GF7 and CF1 it would probably block the sightlines of the corner of the pitch for the people sitting in GF6 and CF2. This is absolutely crucial to any plan getting approved. Have a look at any photos of the stadium to get a clearer picture.

Imagine the scenario; Theres a corner kick, GF7 is blocking the view of GF6 so they all have to stand, then GF6 obstucts the view of GF5 and they have to stand up........ etc etc. So its a domino effect with everyone forced to stand.

The dhims had it easy. Their stadium design means the SS section doesnt obstruct the view of anyone else as its in the corner. I could be wrong but I'd guess our only options are;
1. the entire CF or BF (plus the adjacent corner sections for sightlines reason), or
2. the entire enclosure, or
3. just the corner section

1 & 2 may be too big
3 may be too small

Last edited:
He is , but he is considering making the catastrophic mistake of putting in the Broomloan

My preference is the whole of the GF. Would look amazing on the tv and give us the best atmosphere in the UK. This might be one of the problems. Our enemies would go into overdrive with our songbook. That's why we need a strategy developed by the club and the fans.

My preference is the whole of the GF. Would look amazing on the tv and give us the best atmosphere in the UK. This might be one of the problems. Our enemies would go into overdrive with our songbook. That's why we need a strategy developed by the club and the fans.

I'm guessing that would be much too big, given that you would have to use the corner sections too. 1200 each for the corners + Govan Lower 5000(?) It would probably mean about 7500 standing spaces. It would be amazing though

If we use GF7 and CF1 it would probably block the sightlines of the corner of the pitch for the people sitting in GF6 and CF2. This is absolutely crucial to any plan getting approved. Have a look at any photos of the stadium to get a clearer picture.

Imagine the scenario; Theres a corner kick, GF7 is blocking the view of GF6 so they all have to stand, then GF6 obstucts the view of GF5 and they have to stand up........ etc etc. So its a domino effect with everyone forced to stand.

The dhims had it easy. Their stadium design means the SS section doesnt obstruct the view of anyone else as its in the corner. I could be wrong but I'd guess our only options are;
1. the entire CF or BF (plus the adjacent corner sections for sightlines reason), or
2. the entire enclosure, or
3. just the corner section

1 & 2 may be too big
3 may be too small

i agree hence why in said if we cant secure a whole end , i'd actually stay away from the enclosure as no one knows what the future would hold in regards to disabled/wheelchair fans i've always had the hope/belief its the Copland Front thats chosen

I'm guessing that would be much too big, given that you would have to use the corner sections too. 1200 each for the corners + Govan Lower 5000(?) It would probably mean about 7500 standing spaces. It would be amazing though

I think the club will be amazed at the number of fans wanting to stand.

I think the club will be amazed at the number of fans wanting to stand.
You are probably right. But the problems start when people who have had halfway line seats in the Govan Stand for years are told they will have to move to a seat in Row X of the Upper Stand in the corner so some young lad can stand up. Again, comparing the celtic experience, people were generally moved from 'bad seats' in the corner to better ones behind the goal or along the touchline.

I have no idea how this will pan out, but I doubt GF or enclosure will be considered. Looking at the German model, I dont think any stadium has SS sections along the length of the pitch. It all seems to be behind the goals or in the corner.

You are probably right. But the problems start when people who have had halfway line seats in the Govan Stand for years are told they will have to move to a seat in Row X of the Upper Stand in the corner so some young lad can stand up. Again, comparing the celtic experience, people were generally moved from 'bad seats' in the corner to better ones behind the goal or along the touchline.

I have no idea how this will pan out, but I doubt GF or enclosure will be considered. Looking at the German model, I dont think any stadium has SS sections along the length of the pitch. It all seems to be behind the goals or in the corner.

I don't disagree. Maybe the club should start by introducing rover tickets. This could further delay safe standing but it might solve the problem of fans 'owning' a seat. When they get used to the idea that the seat doesn't belong to them it might make the whole process simpler.

Another benefit of safe standing is it has the potential to increase capacity. Im sure there are obstacles to be overcome but it can be done.

Exciting times ahead. Ibrox might just get back to where it was years ago.

Rover tickets and safe standing at anything other than 1 per “seat” is never ever going to be allowed in this country.

It's not difficult at all any seat is only rented and not owned so Rangers can do with it whatever they see fit (and have done so on numerous occasions in the past.)

I'm hesitant to mention the Smellies but they moved a fair number of season ticket holders who wanted to remain in a seated area without any major issues beyond some grumbling which has long since been forgotten. You're not going to have 500 people give up their season tickets over this and even if you did they would easily be replaced.

The bottom line is if the Club wants rail seats to happen then it will sooner rather than later and no amount of chest puffing on here will make any difference. Conversely, if the board aren't keen then we could see years and years of no progress.

Don't get your hopes up if Robertson
is involved
He will never defend us and we may as well have a puppet in court. He is weak and we will never progress with his apologetic demeanour.
We need a dynamic aggressive CEO that will move us forward. Robertson is Holt in football terms.

Robertson is to Dave King what Waylon Smithers is to Mr Burns

It's not difficult at all any seat is only rented and not owned so Rangers can do with it whatever they see fit (and have done so on numerous occasions in the past.)

I'm hesitant to mention the Smellies but they moved a fair number of season ticket holders who wanted to remain in a seated area without any major issues beyond some grumbling which has long since been forgotten. You're not going to have 500 people give up their season tickets over this and even if you did they would easily be replaced.

The bottom line is if the Club wants rail seats to happen then it will sooner rather than later and no amount of chest puffing on here will make any difference. Conversely, if the board aren't keen then we could see years and years of no progress.

I guess I'm repeating myself, but when they moved fans it was from the corner of the stadium,generally regarded as the worst seats, to better ones elsewhere. So any objection was minimal. If we do this with the entire BF + the corner, or even one of the other options it would require moving possibly thousands of fans. My guess is that we will end up with a small standing section similar to the allocation we now give the dhims

BTW, does anyone have an exact plan/map of the Kilmarnock plans? Details are quite vague so far, merely saying that there will be standing areas in the Moffat and East Stand

Safe standing is coming whether the board like it or not.
There was a massive over reaction after Hillsboro which was understandable because the police blamed the fans when in truth there were a lot of reasons it happened.
Because of the Ibrox disaster I can see why the older support are hesitant but those disasters didn’t happen purely because of terracing.
It’s time to move full circle and introduce safe standing and as a club we should be at the forefront of these changes not lagging behind the likes of Kilmarnock.
Nothing stays the same and everything evolves so Ibrox needs to change with the times and if it upsets a few people then so be it.
Change is coming.

I don't disagree. Maybe the club should start by introducing rover tickets. This could further delay safe standing but it might solve the problem of fans 'owning' a seat. When they get used to the idea that the seat doesn't belong to them it might make the whole process simpler.

Another benefit of safe standing is it has the potential to increase capacity. Im sure there are obstacles to be overcome but it can be done.

Exciting times ahead. Ibrox might just get back to where it was years ago.

Rover tickets are not feasible any more. It can be bad enough with people arriving late and up and down during games. Inviting people to sit anywhere could be a logistical nightmare.

While the seat may not belong to them, individuals do purchase for specific reasons and like the familiarity. It's not a negative when people commit to a ST each year - it's income the Club relies on. I'm not sure why such supporters are being dismissed.

The club want families and corporates and not predominant young , male fans. So they'll come up with every excuse in the book to stop this and if that doesn't work they'll mobilise the useful idiots to poo poo the idea.

The club want families and corporates and not predominant young , male fans. So they'll come up with every excuse in the book to stop this and if that doesn't work they'll mobilise the useful idiots to poo poo the idea.

I’ve barely heard a soul saying they are against safe standing. It’ll happen, probably not the way you want it to, but it will happen. Btw, who are the ‘useful idiots’ you speak of?:D

Safe standing should brought in at Bf1 and bf2 and then a new section should be built between the broomloan and the main stand in the corner. It can done.

I’ve barely heard a soul saying they are against safe standing. It’ll happen, probably not the way you want it to, but it will happen. Btw, who are the ‘useful idiots’ you speak of?:D

The "plastic seat brigade". Club1872 would no doubt be brought in to slow or kill any momentum Safe-Standing has built up , they did this a few years back with an at best ill advised statement.

Back