Kilmarnock to introduce safe standing

Coatbridge Chancellor

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=8838&ShowCat=

Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to become the first provincial club in Scotland to install safe standing areas within Rugby Park.

Working with Trust in Killie, the club has identified an area of the East Stand and one section of the Moffat Stand to introduce rail seats, which can be flipped up or even locked in place to create a standing area.

Celtic were the first club in Scotland to install a safe standing section in 2016 with the aim of improving the matchday atmosphere and we hope to achieve the same at our stadium.

Director Cathy Jamieson said: “We have been looking at the option to install safe standing areas for the past few months and after much research, we are delighted to announce that we have agreed on an installation schedule and will be able to offer this very soon.

“Our supporters have been paramount to the process and as the first provincial Club in Scotland that will be able to offer this to fans, we really look forward to seeing the project to completion.

“Funded by Trust in Killie, a supporter lead organisation, we expect demand for this new area in the East Stand to be high and look forward to improving the matchday experience for our fans in the grounds where comradery will further enhance the matchday atmosphere.

“I would like to thank existing Season Ticket holders in this area, some of which have held their seats for a number of years, as they have very kindly agreed to move from the areas affected.

“We have been working hard to ensure they are satisfied with the service they received from our team to make sure they got the best alternative arrangements. Supporters in this area and Trust in Killie members will get first refusal in the new safe standing areas, but we are sure that there will be enough to appeal supporter demands.”

The club has been in contact with supporters in the designated areas but if you think your seat will be affected or you wish to speak to our ticketing team then please contact 01563 501970 or you can send an email to tickets@kilmarnockfc.co.uk

Can't stand Killie, but that's a good move. And I like this sensible/pragmatic approach:

I would like to thank existing Season Ticket holders in this area, some of which have held their seats for a number of years, as they have very kindly agreed to move from the areas affected.

“We have been working hard to ensure they are satisfied with the service they received from our team to make sure they got the best alternative arrangements. Supporters in this area and Trust in Killie members will get first refusal in the new safe standing areas, but we are sure that there will be enough to appeal supporter demands.”

Take note Rangers !!!

Fair play.

Actually shines a light on why we are not further down the road with ours.

Not one for criticising our board normally but think they deserve some for how they appear to have tried to fob off our support on this and on the relocation of the union bears.

Said section in about 6 months when they realise they are back to relentless mediocrity:

hqdefault.jpg

Moffat stand?

Obviously they are still intent on reducing tickets for games against us?

Financial lunacy.

Yet another club leaving us behind !

When the board finally do get round to putting it in you know they will do something daft like I don't know , put it in the Broomloan !

As much as our board deserve praise for what they have done so far, the reluctance to install this at Ibrox shows them up.

Id be amazed if its ever done

Without having figures to hand, it’s a hell of a lot easier to move a few Killie fans to other seats than it would be for us to relocate fans - especially given our STs are sold out.

Did you notice the key word "agreed"?

Yet another club leaving us behind !

When the board finally do get round to putting it in you know they will do something daft like I don't know , put it in the Broomloan !

It could be worse. They might put it in the enclosures.

GCC gave Celtic a pilot, nobody else was to get it for 2 Years I believe. Kilmarnock application was with East Ayrshire Council who I am sure have been much easier to deal with.

Celtic in cahoots with GCC agreed a 3 year trial. This was designed to stop us doing it. They needn't have bothered as we're starting year 4 with no action. We welcome the chase. Ha ha.

It’s a shame it’s not safe for players to stand on their plastic pitch.
The same players who can’t stand for 90 mins and need to sit down on the pitch during games,needing treatment..just to waste as much time as possible.

158 safe standing 'seats' in the east stand for adults and 166 safe standing 'seats' for under 16s in the moffat
The Fair City mob at St Johnstone and the 20 wee guys at Livi,with the chequered flags,will now have major competition:)

If you have any worries Mr king send someone over and take in a few Bundesliga games it helps the atmosphere 10 fold. I've been to a few games in the standing area and loved it and I'm an old fart.As I put in a previous post it is the way forward.

It’s easier to get 50 fans to agree a move to the next section than it is to get several hundred to move to another part of the ground.

It’s not easier , it’s the exact same thing on a bigger scale .

There’s no point in making excuses - a blind man can see the club have dragged their heels on the subject . Apparently they have had all the costings done and know exactly what to do - they just have decided to delay it(again) . It’s not an expensive project by any means .

Let’s see if the promise of “ next year” comes to fruition . To be fair I will say that perhaps other areas are priority for this season .

It's the way forward, IMO. May take some negotiation skills/incentives to move some current season ticket holders who don't wish to remain in the section and clarify the allocation where the club want to implement it, but it's not impossible.

It’s not easier , it’s the exact same thing on a bigger scale .

There’s no point in making excuses - a blind man can see the club have dragged their heels on the subject . Apparently they have had all the costings done and know exactly what to do - they just have decided to delay it(again) . It’s not an expensive project by any means .

Let’s see if the promise of “ next year” comes to fruition . To be fair I will say that perhaps other areas are priority for this season .

It is easier. Kilmarnock have thousands of empty seats people can move to.

For what it’s worth, I’m in favour of safe standing but it’s far more difficult for our club to carry out because we don’t have many vacant seats to move people to.

Back