Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Ill take any win, but hoping we can put in a performance and get a few goals.

Wont be easy, plastic pitch and Killie are a decent, tidy outfit too so wont let us have it easy.

Apologies for the ignorance but what are the rules re: plastic pitch in at least the European Cups, as a previous post stating that the ruskies play on a plastic pitch?

Given the demands on his squad, Gerrard will take the opportunity to rest a number of players for the Betfred Cup clash against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

Gerrard added: “I will have to make a couple of alterations to try and keep some energy and some freshness because the schedule is pretty tough at the moment.

“We won’t use it as an excuse but the reality is that if you are playing Thursday then Sunday on the back of away games in Europe it’s a big task.

Looks like there will be changes

Alnwick or Fod
Tav goldson katic barisic
Ejaria McCrorie Arfield
Kenty Sadiq Glenn

Is McCrorie not suspended after last weekend? Otherwise, I'd also have gone for that midfield. I'd keep Morelos in the starting 11, though. He's full of confidence at the moment & Sadiq apparently didn't look too hot for the Colts against Falkirk.

My lineup would be

Wes

Flanagan-Goldson-Katic-Barisic

Ejaria-Arfield-McCrorie (If he's not suspended and it's only for league matches, know another poster above me asked the same question)

Kent-Morelos-Middleton

I would like to see Flanagan and Barisic getting in from the start rest Tav for Thursday and give those two game time , would also like to see young Middleton get a start to boost his confidence while giving Murphy a rest also, IF we can get a couple of goal lead get Alfredo off as soon as we can there’s a lot of minutes been played already and plenty more on the way got to use the squad where we can without taking major risks

McGregor

Flannigan
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Kelly
Jack
Ejaria

Kent
Umar
Middleton

Give Morelos and Candeias a rest as they’ve worked their bollocks off and I’d keep the 2 centre half’s and keeper and keep building up that relationship

£20 on Gers win at 9/10 and £2 on 0-2 at 17/2. Good prices, I’m confident this team is a class above much of Scotland.

Pleased that there is a clear sense of reality about this game. Not going to be easy simply because of the pitch. Synthetuc turfs should be banned. I’ll be pleased with a win & no injuries.

On way down. A lot of new players fresh to this joke of a pitch. Attack the ball before the bounce at all times and kill this early. Interested to see who plays given the surface and the importance of the game midweek.

From YouTube highlights that we saw before they signed it seems like there are a number of plastic pitches in Croatia, so Katic and Barisic should be fairly experienced playing on these surfaces

Whilst I'm not advocating or hoping for career ending injuries with the possibility of life affecting ongoing problems.. .

I do hope Kirk Broadfoot has a bad game.
Watched an old firm game recently 3-0 (novo hat trick) and seen mcgregor do to Scott Mcdonald exactly what broadfoot did to Jack (standing on the toes).
Jack should have kept his head.

Having said that, I too would like to see broadfoot have a howler, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he did that to jack. So many of our ex players are bitter, and have zero loyalty.
Happy for players to play their guts out against us, but that was low from someone who was part of a great rangers squad, was paid handsomely and was liked by a good amount of our support.

A test today which stretches our squad and fitness.

I'd like a win but I'd prefer we rested key players for Thursday - that is the crucial game.

It's a shame we only have 2 CB's in the squad.

I'd really like to rest Goldson today as a precaution.

I'd probably go:

Wes

Flanagan
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Ejaria
Jack
Halliday

Kent
Middleton
Sadiq

Point 1, win game,
Point 2, no injuries,
Point 3, refer points 1&2.

Totally agree
Not sure why you replied to me though ?
I was replying to a post that seemed to suggest we should be aiming at 3 points - although maybe they weren't referring to today ?
Anyway it provided me with enough doubt to check what competition it actually was
In no way was I suggesting we should treat this game any different from other competitions - as others would appear to have posted

Difficult match after Europe, poor pitch as well. I think we'll win by a couple though I worry about our goalscoring prowess.

Genuinely at a loss at the bears who aren’t fussed with the result today.

Embarrassed almost.

They will be the first to moan if we go out.

It's a cup competition, I want it, the players will want it, Steven Gerrard wants it and winning trophies are what makes us the most successful club in the world.

We've got to get back to doing what we do best - putting trophies in our trophy room.

Any bears planning to watch in 4k on BT should check the channel. There is currently no sound on there! FFS!!

Back